ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 140
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:44 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
Veach created a massive hole by letting Houston and ford go. And then panicked, and gave the Seahawks whatever they wanted. That is the reality here.
The reality here is that you don't have any actual idea what you're talking about.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:45 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I had to quit reading this thread after three pages, some of you have completely lost your fucking minds.
In what direction? Both?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:45 PM 04-23-2019

[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:45 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
These Clark highlights look a hell of a lot like prime Justin Houston.
Good observation, i agree.
[Reply]
FAX 04:46 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Sure, I've seen it inside. but from an EDGE? I've seen bull rushers shove guys into the pocket, but he ****ing throws guys! LOL

holy shit, man. He and Jones next to each other? F********CK.
Dancing the twist and stunt, as well.

This could be a lot of fun to watch.

FAX
[Reply]
jonzie04 04:47 PM 04-23-2019
The reality here is that you don't have any actual idea what you're talking about.
Another reality is that the majority of this board are such homers that they can’t see any wrong in what the organization does.
[Reply]
FAX 04:48 PM 04-23-2019
Damn, I don't understand why some yootoob videos don't play unless you "go" to yootoob.

What a bunch of inconsiderate dicks they have at yootoob. (It is their fault, right?)

FAX
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:48 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Damn, I don't understand why some yootoob videos don't play unless you "go" to yootoob.

What a bunch of inconsiderate dicks they have at yootoob. (It is their fault, right?)

FAX
Has to do with the NFL.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:48 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Good observation, i agree.
That's fair. It's been awhile since we saw THAT Justin Houston; and my memory may be faulty, but I don't remember him being that VIOLENT off the snap. I mean Clark's first step isn't all that fast, but he just explodes into the guy across from him. It's quite something.
[Reply]
bigjosh 04:49 PM 04-23-2019
Veach created a massive hole by letting Houston and ford go. And then panicked, and gave the Seahawks whatever they wanted. That is the reality here.
Or, ya know, he didnt.

Perhaps he saw an aging justin houston who was vastly overpaid and misses 1/3 of the season every year.

Perhaps he saw Ford as an oft injured 3/4 OLB, who is a one trick pony, is too small for the current scheme, and only performed in contract years.

Then he saw a young, rising 4/3 end, who fits the new scheme, is a dominant player, and a guaranteed contributor NOW.

No brainer.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:50 PM 04-23-2019
Another reality is that the majority of this board are such homers that they can’t see any wrong in what the organization does.
I applaud your commitment to excrement.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:50 PM 04-23-2019
You're relatively new here. I've been here for almost 18 years.

I've been plenty critical at times.

THIS is a great move. For 2019, 2020, 2021.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:51 PM 04-23-2019
I know, and maybe it's just because I watched DT his whole career (and knew him personally a little) Ford just always seemed a pale imitation. And all the injury problems, and the lack of football awareness, etc.

Good player, but not worth paying him what he's getting. Too one dimensional, and not on the field enough.

Fucking Clark, though. He's a BEAST.
I'll give you credit. I remember reading your takes in December (ironically the day of the Seattle game in particular) about how Sutton should be replaced and we should move to a 4/3 and how Ford would be expendable in that scheme. Frankly, the thought of losing both him and Houston (the latter of whom I think is underrated) frightened me. And then we got rid of both of them and replaced them with some excellent defensive coaches and, frankly, JAGs.

Today, we got the guy you wanted as a replacement. A more well-rounded playmaker whom Veach has surrounded with more well-rounded depth. I think if you want to play the Ford vs Clark vs the picks vs the cap hit game, maybe it's a close call. But Ford was a deadweight loss as far as I can tell as he didn't fit into the Spags scheme and we got the guy to replace him. And that makes me so fucking excited.

So this isn't about simple math. It's about who the defensive staff thinks can fill things out. And for those of you excited about the defensive coaching ensemble we've established, give them some rope.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:51 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
In what direction? Both?
People claiming Veach should be fired, mostly.

I mean, I thought *I* was overly attached to draft picks. Some of y'all think they are more valuable than 25 year old proven talent. People have been bitching about the lack of a pass rush, then bitch when Veach acquires a Top 5 DE.

There's nothing in this draft we could have acquired for a similar price that will provide the impact Clark will.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:51 PM 04-23-2019
Clarks history is that he is not fucking Derrick Thomas. Ford led the league in Forced fumbles, and was top 10 in sacks. And you give that away PLUS a 1st round pick for a similar caliber player? :-)
That may be a career year for Ford.. Clark’s arrow should be pointed up.. guess we’ll find out either way.. if this trade helps us get a Super Bowl then who cares?
[Reply]
Page 72 of 140
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122 > Last »
Up