ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 94
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 02:46 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Don’t get me wrong, $16 million for a top end pass rusher is not that bad. It still goes back to the fact that he has played at this level for one season which happened to be his contract year. By franchise tagging him we only kick the can down the road for a year. Come next year we would be looking at either to do it again for far more money or we would have to pay him even more than SF did this year. Or we trade him but the compensation would be lower than what we got for him now. We traded at peak Ford. We weren’t going to get better and signing him would have been a huge risk knowing Mahome’s contract would be looming.

With the Mathieu contract the only thing that makes it better over what Thomas got for us is that his contract is shorter with less guaranteed money. If it doesn’t pan out we can get out quicker and with less financial repercussions for it.
I agree with everything you said here. I just disagree that this was the right thing to do. I believe Ford is more valuable to us on the field than a second round pick in NEXT years draft.

And I don't think Mathieu moved the needle at all for us on defense. We paid a (relatively) massive amount for slightly above average player at a (relatively) low value position.

Time will tell who is right...

And as a Chiefs fan I really do hope it's you...

... but Veach has yet to do anything to inspire any confidence in him.

THE RAMS GOT WEDDLE FOR NEARLY A THIRD OF WHAT WE ARE PAYING MATHIEU FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!

(... the Raiders got Antonio Brown for almost the same money we are paying Watkins...)
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 02:49 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Better than overpaying a guy who can’t stay healthy and hasn’t ever put together back-to-back good seasons.
LOL... You mean like Watkins?

Second, $16MM for an elite pass rusher isn't overpaying... it's a fucking bargain.
[Reply]
tmax63 03:06 PM 03-13-2019
Welcome to Bipolar Planet. It blows my mind how DF has attained superstar elite "bestest since Reggie White" status since his being traded to the 9ers. Surgically repaired backs aren't a plus for DL/DE and earning almost half of his career stats in a contract year doesn't inspire confidence to lay out that kind of coin.
Not to mention TM has become "an average box safety" even though he played both safety positions and had over 100 snaps at each CB position last year. I don't see DF as worth 17-18 mil a year and TM being overpaid at 14 mil since LC and ET both got that pay range.
I like the idea of washing off the stank from last year's "31" defense and starting from the beginning. The odds are pretty good, 30 chances out of 32 to be better and only 1 in 32 that they're worse.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:10 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Oh shit, you are correct, I was ass backward... never mind,
"Tard-Colored Glasses are ALWAYS ON"! :-)

Originally Posted by Otter:
Is anyone else seeing the Chiefs taking on the Patriots business model?
Yes, and it makes my wood grow like a Ponderosa Pine after the rainy season.

Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
LOL... You mean like Watkins?

Second, $16MM for an elite pass rusher isn't overpaying... it's a fucking bargain.
Ah yes, the "elite" edge rusher that literally NO ONE wanted to pay 2019 compensation for. How did we let such a marvel of nature escape us?!?!?

Bruh?

Bruh?

He gone.
[Reply]
Setsuna 03:11 PM 03-13-2019
These guys are idiots... I grow more embarrassed to be a Chief fan with every post I read. Another guy said offer the pick for Clowney...
Yeah I agree. These guys use to be level headed but now they are full blown retarded. BUT Clowney has a long injury history since he came into the league a 2nd is about as high as you'd offer. They have a point there but Ramsey has been Top 3 DB since coming into the league and he's only been here 3 years so why we would take a 2nd from anyone is beyond me.
[Reply]
Otter 03:12 PM 03-13-2019
I wonder how much of this had to do with him lining up offsides in the AFCCG.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 03:19 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Welcome to Bipolar Planet. It blows my mind how DF has attained superstar elite "bestest since Reggie White" status since his being traded to the 9ers. Surgically repaired backs aren't a plus for DL/DE and earning almost half of his career stats in a contract year doesn't inspire confidence to lay out that kind of coin.
Not to mention TM has become "an average box safety" even though he played both safety positions and had over 100 snaps at each CB position. I don't see DF as worth 17-18 mil a year and TM being overpaid at 14 mil since LC and ET both got that pay range.
I like the idea of washing off the stank from last year's "31" defense and starting from the beginning. The odds are pretty good, 30 chances out of 32 to be better and only 1 in 32 that they're worse.
Strawman again... this is like a thing on CP or something? Not one person has made that argument.

Because that's kinda where he excels... not in pass coverage... ET>LC>TM... so yeah paying TM more than ET is overpaying, especially when other safety's were signed for less than $10MM per...
[Reply]
FAX 03:23 PM 03-13-2019
If you like change, this is an awesome off-season so far. If you don't ... well ...

It makes a fan wonder if the change at DC caused a complete reevaluation of the existing roster and what the FO sees in the draft.

When you add in the fact that Veach has to start planning for contract extensions for players who were part of the #1 offense (rather than the #31 defense), a lot of these decisions start to make sense.

Assuming that our offense can replicate their 2018 performance, just how much improvement do we need on D? Not much, really. More speed. More consistency. A more effective front 7 (utilizing the Amoeba Swim Plus Plunger System, no doubt). Who knows? Maybe even a turnover or two at crucial times?

FAX
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:29 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Yeah I agree. These guys use to be level headed but now they are full blown retarded. BUT Clowney has a long injury history since he came into the league a 2nd is about as high as you'd offer. They have a point there but Ramsey has been Top 3 DB since coming into the league and he's only been here 3 years so why we would take a 2nd from anyone is beyond me.
Fuck you AND Jacksonville's sorry ass, Cuntstuna. :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:33 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
I wonder how much of this had to do with him lining up offsides in the AFCCG.
I'm sure it played a part. I can envision Spags and crew watching that game in the office together and sharing a round table of facepalms.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:35 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
:-)
[Reply]
tmax63 03:38 PM 03-13-2019
Strawman again... this is like a thing on CP or something? Not one person has made that argument.

Because that's kinda where he excels... not in pass coverage... ET>LC>TM... so yeah paying TM more than ET is overpaying, especially when other safety's were signed for less than $10MM per...
You are a master of projection. you're accusing me of exactly what you've done this entire thread.
They all signed within pennies of 14 mil a year. They were considered the top 3 safeties in FA. Obviously lesser safeties earn lesser money.
Dee Ford????? He had a great last year rushing the passer. BUT
40% of the time double digit sacks, 60% of the time less than 3/yr.
Has taken 5 years to become average, if that, at stopping the run.
For an OL/DE to command tag level money or more they better be above average in all phases, not just rushing the passer.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:50 PM 03-13-2019
I agree with everything you said here. I just disagree that this was the right thing to do. I believe Ford is more valuable to us on the field than a second round pick in NEXT years draft.

And I don't think Mathieu moved the needle at all for us on defense. We paid a (relatively) massive amount for slightly above average player at a (relatively) low value position.

Time will tell who is right...

And as a Chiefs fan I really do hope it's you...

... but Veach has yet to do anything to inspire any confidence in him.

THE RAMS GOT WEDDLE FOR NEARLY A THIRD OF WHAT WE ARE PAYING MATHIEU FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!

(... the Raiders got Antonio Brown for almost the same money we are paying Watkins...)
IF and that’s a big IF Ford plays all 16 games then he is more valuable to us this year than a draft pick. But if you play the long game this was probably the best time to trade him.

You can’t compare a 34 yr old Weddle and what he got to a 26 year old Mathieu. There’s an 8 year difference in age. I truly think he’s better than you think he is. No he’s not Berry or Thomas in their prime nor will anyone confuse him with Lott or Reed but he’s still significantly better than the hot garbage we trotted out there last year.

Hard to compare the Brown and Watkins situation though. Brown wasn’t available for a trade last year. Watkins when healthy (big issues with that) makes our offense unstoppable. He’s not Brown, but he’s also not a middling receiver either.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:50 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Fuck you AND Jacksonville's sorry ass, Cuntstuna. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
FAX 03:51 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
You are a master of projection. you're accusing me of exactly what you've done this entire thread.
They all signed within pennies of 14 mil a year. They were considered the top 3 safeties in FA. Obviously lesser safeties earn lesser money.
Dee Ford????? He had a great last year rushing the passer. BUT
40% of the time double digit sacks, 60% of the time less than 3/yr.
Has taken 5 years to become average, if that, at stopping the run.
For an OL/DE to command tag level money or more they better be above average in all phases, not just rushing the passer.
He learned a new word yesterday, Mr. tmax63.

So (although he doesn't fully comprehend its meaning), he's added it to his lexicon of futile disputations. In his "mind", this brand new word justifies attention-generating posts.

I fear he's an odd duck.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 72 of 94
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Up