ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 176
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:17 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I'll be pissed if they move Duffy. The guy has talent and he really WANTS to be here.

If they move Duffy, there's no reason to go watch the cluster****.
He's at the 5-year post TJ recurrence point. I'd give him even odds of hurting himself again next 4 years of his deal.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:17 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I'll be pissed if they move Duffy. The guy has talent and he really WANTS to be here.

If they move Duffy, there's no reason to go watch the cluster****.
And with all due respect, they should move Duffy, IF it'll bring back a very big haul.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:20 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
We miss Hos, trade Duffy to the Brewers, and go all out tank in 2018.
This is the best course of action for 2018, IMO.

I don't understand how paying Hosmer $20 million per year changes the composition of this team from 2018-2020.

In a full on rebuild, he'd be the "Old Guy" in 2021 or 2022 or however long it takes them to get back to being a division winner.

I don't see the upside or dividend.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:23 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Go ahead and Vote Down this post, again, because the Royals are losing close to 100 wins this season.

It has nothing to do with bias and everything to do with how this team is preparing for the 2018 season.
Losing close to 100 wins would be something, whatever that means.

It's a shame KC went for it in 2015, because now they won't be .500 in 2018!
/Dane
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:24 PM 01-29-2018
Dane is a fucking moron when it comes to baseball.
[Reply]
tk13 08:29 PM 01-29-2018
I was never a huge fan of players like Moss, but I think Royals fans are way too hard on him. He was pretty much what we signed, a guy who strikes out a ton, hits for low average, but can pop 30 HR. And he started slowly like the rest of the team, but otherwise he delivered exactly what we paid for.

Stinks to give up Buchter but I don't know what the A's were thinking with this deal. They're a low budget team who added $5 million in salary, and for what? Moss did have some good times with them before.

If the Royals do not get Hosmer, we're going to have a hole at 1B to fill now, unless Dozier steps it up.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:30 PM 01-29-2018
they're not re-signing Hosmer. They're not re-signing anyone unless it's on the cheap.
[Reply]
tk13 08:41 PM 01-29-2018
The reaction from San Diego.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...129-story.html

Originally Posted by :
But even before Monday’s trade, one source said the Padres believed the Royals may have made a more lucrative proposal to Hosmer.

The Padres’ offer, extended weeks ago, is for seven years and less than $140 million, though the exact margin remains unknown. A report that the Royals offered seven years and $147 million has been refuted, but team officials have been public about their interest in retaining Hosmer.

The Padres have not indicated much willingness to alter their offer.

“I think we were pretty creative in the way we put a contract proposal together,” Executive Chairman Ron Fowler said in a recent radio interview. “We like it. I don’t know if (agent Scott Boras) likes it.”

If negotiations come down to a relatively small sum, the Padres may be open to tweaking their terms, according to sources. A significant overhaul seems unlikely.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:46 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Dane is a fucking moron when it comes to baseball.
We'll see who's right and who's wrong at the end of this season.

The current odds aren't slanted in your favor.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:05 PM 01-29-2018
We miss Hos, trade Duffy to the Brewers, and go all out tank in 2018.

I'd trade Duffy & Merrifield to the Brewers for the best talent. I've heard they have a great farm system.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:11 PM 01-29-2018

I don't understand how paying Hosmer $20 million per year changes the composition of this team from 2018-2020.

In a full on rebuild, he'd be the "Old Guy" in 2021 or 2022 or however long it takes them to get back to being a division winner.

I actually completely agree with you.

The best move would be to trade Whit, Herrera, and Duffy and utilize all three comp picks (with the competitive balance pick) to load up our system. As someone who loved following the Royals system from 09-13 it feels like a necessary part of the cycle for small market teams to stay competitive. I truly wish the Royals would have traded Alexander for actual talent, rather than pairing him with a bargain bin drop off like Soria.

Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I'd trade Duffy & Merrifield to the Brewers for the best talent. I've heard they have a great farm system.
Absolutely. That's a storybook pairing from the team that delivered us Cain, Esky and Odo for Greinke.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:13 PM 01-29-2018
I actually completely agree with you.
:-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:14 PM 01-29-2018
If they trade Duffy then they really shouldn't sign Hosmer. It makes no sense.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 01-29-2018

Hosmer would play those seasons at ages 31 and 32. The team clearly is more optimistic about his ability to age better than this board's consensus.

That's not ancient, but those ARE likely to be the beginning of some decline years.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:22 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Hosmer would play those seasons at ages 31 and 32. The team clearly is more optimistic about his ability to age better than this board's consensus.

That's not ancient, but those ARE likely to be the beginning of some decline years.
They were wrong about Gordon aging well. That contract is kinda biting them in the ass. Good thing he's a badass in the field.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 176
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Up