ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 192
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
iSavedLatin 10:36 AM 02-22-2024
I watched all of the WR/DB 1:1 reps from the senior bowl practices last night and the one thing that stood out was how easily Tez Walker got meaningful separation. He struggled at the catch point a number of times, but man does that guy know how to get open. I know solid hands were quite the issue in KC last year so it made my eye twitch every time he’d drop a pass, but getting open seemed effortless for him.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:54 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
My Current WIP for the WR Rankings... I'm sure I cut the grain a bit...

Round 1
01. Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State
02. Rome Odunze, Washington
03. Malik Nabers, LSU
04. Troy Franklin, Oregon
05. Keon Coleman, Florida State
06. Brian Thomas Jr., LSU

Round 2
07. Xavier Worthy, Texas
08. Jacob Cowing, Arizona
09. Ladd McConkey, Georgia
10. Adonai Mitchell, Texas
11. Jalen McMillan, Washington
12. JaLynn Polk, Washington

Round 3
13. Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky
14. Ricky Pearsall, Florida
15. Xavier Legette, South Carolina
16. Brenden Rice, USC
17. Roman Wilson, Michigan

Round 4
18. Isaiah Williams, Illinois
19. Jermaine Burton, Alabama
20. Devontez Walker, North Carolina
21. Ainias Smith, Texas A&M
22. Jamari Thrash, Louisville

Round 5
23. Javon Baker, UCF
23. Luke McCaffrey, Rice
24. Malik Washington, Virginia
25. Tahj Washington, USC

Round 6
27. Jordan Whittington, Texas
28. Jashaun Jones, Maryland
29. Hayden Hatten, Idaho
30. Xavier Weaver, Colorado
31. Cornelius Johnson, Michigan
32. Johnny Wilson, Florida State

Round 7
33. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint, Georgia
34. Bub Means, Pittsburgh
35. Devaughn Vele, Utah
Always respect the work you put in.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:06 PM 02-22-2024
I didn't expect to like McConkey at all coming into the Senior Bowl, but this is what I thought immediately afterwards "Looks way better than I expected, that’s for sure. Quick as a cat, runs really nice routes."

He looked so much quicker and explosive out of his cuts than I expected. Could see him doing a lot of really good work underneath. The Puka comparison was good, but I'd say McConkey is a bit less strong, but a bit quicker. The one thing that stood out to me about Puka other than his route running and hands were how physical he was. Really tough to bring down after the catch.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:30 PM 02-22-2024
McConkey gets a lot of shit on here, but he's a much better prospect than he's getting credit for.

I've seen people saying they wouldn't take him until the 4th? :-)

That's just silly. If he fell to our 3rd round pick, they should run to the podium, even if they already drafted a WR.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:50 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
My Current WIP for the WR Rankings... I'm sure I cut the grain a bit...

Round 1
01. Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State
02. Rome Odunze, Washington
03. Malik Nabers, LSU
04. Troy Franklin, Oregon
05. Keon Coleman, Florida State
06. Brian Thomas Jr., LSU

Round 2
07. Xavier Worthy, Texas
08. Jacob Cowing, Arizona
09. Ladd McConkey, Georgia
10. Adonai Mitchell, Texas
11. Jalen McMillan, Washington
12. JaLynn Polk, Washington

Round 3
13. Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky
14. Ricky Pearsall, Florida
15. Xavier Legette, South Carolina
16. Brenden Rice, USC
17. Roman Wilson, Michigan

Round 4
18. Isaiah Williams, Illinois
19. Jermaine Burton, Alabama
20. Devontez Walker, North Carolina
21. Ainias Smith, Texas A&M
22. Jamari Thrash, Louisville

Round 5
23. Javon Baker, UCF
23. Luke McCaffrey, Rice
24. Malik Washington, Virginia
25. Tahj Washington, USC

Round 6
27. Jordan Whittington, Texas
28. Jashaun Jones, Maryland
29. Hayden Hatten, Idaho
30. Xavier Weaver, Colorado
31. Cornelius Johnson, Michigan
32. Johnny Wilson, Florida State

Round 7
33. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint, Georgia
34. Bub Means, Pittsburgh
35. Devaughn Vele, Utah
I'll pick 1 from each round

1. Franklin
2 Worthy
3.Wilson
4.Williams
5.McCaffery (my sleeper pick)
6. Weaver
7. Means
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:51 PM 02-22-2024
I'm curious how Weaver falls to round 6 though Crow thought he looked pretty explosive at CU. I would be pleased as punch if he's there in round 6
[Reply]
wachashi 07:42 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
McConkey gets a lot of shit on here, but he's a much better prospect than he's getting credit for.

That's just silly. If he fell to our 3rd round pick, they should run to the podium, even if they already drafted a WR.
Field Yates said he thinks McConkey will run a 4.3 40-yard dash at the combine. If that happens, I think the perception of him, at least among fans, changes quite a bit.

I’m interested to see how he does at the combine.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:45 PM 02-22-2024
Tez Walker has dropped a solid 2-3 rounds in mocks since the Senior Bowl. He dropped so many passes it started getting to him. Poor guy would've been way better off just staying at home.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:44 PM 02-22-2024
The more I watch, the more I try to think "what would Veach and Andy do?", the more I think Xavier Worthy will be their guy this year.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:13 PM 02-22-2024
Ok, I finally got into Troy Franklin.

Looks like a good, but low upside player.

It starts with how he leaves the LOS. After he has a + release, you keep waiting for him to do something good...and you just keep waiting.

So that would be a much taller but skinny Skyy Moore with at least the positive of speed.

What does that speed do? Does not play as fast as you would like. Will not separate against better corners.

Would be a solid replacement for the MVS role in our offense which is decoy/ and cover 2 attacker who can find big windows with a better awareness than MVS but still not exciting enough for me.

Would rate him below Zay Flowers, Addison, and Rashee Rice from last year.

Would also prefer Green Bay's Jayden Reed.

Low chance of busting, low chance of thriving.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:56 PM 02-22-2024
The more I watch, the more I try to think "what would Veach and Andy do?", the more I think Xavier Worthy will be their guy this year.
I agree. Worthy and Franklin certainly fit the profile. We need guys to do what Mecole and MVS couldn't drown the field during the season.

I'd love to get a bigger WR in the mid rounds to compliment Rice and even function as insurance. A guy like Dontayvion Wicks did that for the Packers this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:04 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I agree. Worthy and Franklin certainly fit the profile. We need guys to do what Mecole and MVS couldn't drown the field during the season.

I'd love to get a bigger WR in the mid rounds to compliment Rice and even function as insurance. A guy like Dontayvion Wicks did that for the Packers this year.
Luke McCaffrey...
[Reply]
JPH83 12:46 AM 02-23-2024

100% agree. I get the criticisms and sure I wouldn't want him over a bunch of others. But yeah, 3rd round he'd be a steal. No way he lasts that long.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:53 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Ok, I finally got into Troy Franklin.

Looks like a good, but low upside player.

It starts with how he leaves the LOS. After he has a + release, you keep waiting for him to do something good...and you just keep waiting.

So that would be a much taller but skinny Skyy Moore with at least the positive of speed.

What does that speed do? Does not play as fast as you would like. Will not separate against better corners.

Would be a solid replacement for the MVS role in our offense which is decoy/ and cover 2 attacker who can find big windows with a better awareness than MVS but still not exciting enough for me.

Would rate him below Zay Flowers, Addison, and Rashee Rice from last year.

Would also prefer Green Bay's Jayden Reed.

Low chance of busting, low chance of thriving.
Hmm, not sure I agree. First time I saw him I wasn't a fan but the more I've seen the more I liked. His releases are MUCH better than Moore's, sudden and no wasted movement. And he's up to speed fast with a much better top end. We'll see what his 40 is but I think he has enough speed to put pressure on a lot of NFL CBs. I saw plenty of separation to be honest. He's not a great route runner but as a field stretcher I think he'd be excellent. You're right that is basically replacing MVS but with a guy who's a genuine deep threat/explosive play waiting to happen
[Reply]
JPH83 12:56 AM 02-23-2024
Guys I don't like are Brenden Rice and McCaffrey. Right now they look like famous names only. I don't see separation from either. Rice plays smaller than he is imo, McCaffrey looks decently fast but not quick. I mean R5 I could see the value and potential but I'm not fussed by them
[Reply]
Page 71 of 192
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up