ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 84
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
PHOG 01:25 PM 05-31-2024
Player Date P Comment
Daniel Lynch IV
5/31/2024 P Sent to Minors (The Kansas City Royals optioned LHP Daniel Lynch to the minors.)
Will Klein
5/31/2024 P Recalled From Minors Rehab (The Kansas City Royals recalled RHP Will Klein from the minors.)
[Reply]
BWillie 02:57 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Player Date P Comment
Daniel Lynch IV
5/31/2024 P Sent to Minors (The Kansas City Royals optioned LHP Daniel Lynch to the minors.)
Will Klein
5/31/2024 P Recalled From Minors Rehab (The Kansas City Royals recalled RHP Will Klein from the minors.)
Oh thank god. Lynch needs to stay far away from anything other than a long relief role.
[Reply]
TLO 03:00 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Oh thank god. Lynch needs to stay far away from anything other than a long relief role.
He did fine for a spot start yesterday.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:03 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
He did fine for a spot start yesterday.
He throws strikes I give him that but he gets hit HARD. One or two starts don't mean too much. He hasn't been great in AAA. I think he's a perfect long relief guy, though.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:09 PM 05-31-2024
darn - keep coming here to see if we traded for any bullpen help.......

the search continues....
[Reply]
Hog Rider 03:34 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
darn - keep coming here to see if we traded for any bullpen help.......

the search continues....
Whom are these bulls we keep in the pen, and why are there no heifers or cows?

?
[Reply]
PHOG 03:38 PM 05-31-2024
I think they could possibly bring up Bubic (when done with rehab, should be close) and maybe Lynch for long relief. And an occasional spot start, similar to how they have used Lynch. Bubic, from the reports I have read, has torn it up in A, AA, and AAA, with the latter 2 being a long relief role.

And in case one of the SPs get hurt.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:17 PM 05-31-2024
Lynch seems like he'd be good in an opener role. Just one time through the order and then pull him.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:35 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I think they could possibly bring up Bubic (when done with rehab, should be close) and maybe Lynch for long relief. And an occasional spot start, similar to how they have used Lynch. Bubic, from the reports I have read, has torn it up in A, AA, and AAA, with the latter 2 being a long relief role.

And in case one of the SPs get hurt.
I'm really really excited for Bubic to come back up. If he can continue what he did last year, then he's a pretty valuable asset to add to either the rotation or to the pen.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 06:50 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm really really excited for Bubic to come back up. If he can continue what he did last year, then he's a pretty valuable asset to add to either the rotation or to the pen.
Last year? Wasn't he essentially out the entire season? I think he had only like 2 or 3 starts.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 06:51 PM 05-31-2024
Bubic pitched 3 games in April before TJ Surgery

Kris 2023 games
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:20 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Last year? Wasn't he essentially out the entire season? I think he had only like 2 or 3 starts.
Yes I know he didn't pitch much but those first two games if the year right before he elbow gave in had given me all kinds of hope. I didn't have much to be hopeful for last year, so it didn't take much to get me excited, but his 2nd game he pitched last year was the best start he's ever had.

6 IP - 2 Hits - 9 Ks - 0 Walks - 0 ER

I've been high on Bubic since the minors and thought he might be the best out of the Royals pitcher heavy draft class. Brady has that title, but hell if he can be a guy that can be under a 3.5 era, then he's a pretty damn good little piece they could trade or utilize.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 12:22 AM 06-01-2024
If the Royals want to improve the bullpen this year, they will have to be willing to part with some of the more wanted prospects. Blake Mitchell will need to be on the table. If they want to stay with the shit talentless relievers they have then they will just need to deal with that.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:28 AM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
If the Royals want to improve the bullpen this year, they will have to be willing to part with some of the more wanted prospects. Blake Mitchell will need to be on the table. If they want to stay with the shit talentless relievers they have then they will just need to deal with that.
There is not a single prospect in our farm system that they'd be unwilling to trade.
[Reply]
tk13 02:07 AM 06-01-2024
Usually you don't have to give up a ton for relievers unless it's an elite guy with several years of control. If it's a rental it's usually midrange prospects. Scott Barlow had 1.5 years left and he got the Padres #10 prospect last year.

I agree I doubt anyone is untouchable though. One thing is this group of Witt/Vinnie/Garcia/Ragans is under control for a while so I don't think they'll take huge risks, but we have no idea what Sherman's gonna do in this situation.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 84
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581 > Last »
Up