ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 70 of 114
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:59 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Cooter Bailey:
They specifically believed that the Garden of Eden was in St. Joseph. I’ve driven through there and can’t find it. 😂
Look for the giant flaming sword.

You BETTER know the password, though. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:02 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
It would be stupid to give Jackson County a second chance.
I don't think they will.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:02 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't even think the Royals should allow Kansas City to be in their name anymore. How about the Kansas Royals? Or the Johnson County Royals?

That would be great.
Relegate the Royals to Topeka until they build a winner again.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:03 PM 04-03-2024
I don't even think the Royals should allow Kansas City to be in their name anymore. How about the Kansas Royals? Or the Johnson County Royals?

That would be great.
North Eastern Kansas Baseball Team
[Reply]
BWillie 02:13 PM 04-03-2024
Look at these fucking losers

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:15 PM 04-03-2024

That would be great.
Montreal Royals.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:15 PM 04-03-2024
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansasci...ium=trueAnthem

Originally Posted by :
What about the Chiefs?

The Chiefs for years have voiced a consistent desire to remain at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium. Team plans shared during the Jackson County sales tax campaign called for a $800 million renovation to Arrowhead and its surroundings, with new tailgate areas, entertainment space and suites.

The teams' "Yes On 1" campaign, managed by Axiom Strategies, was heavy on campaign mailers suggesting a sales tax rejection would mean the Chiefs' departure from Kansas City, perhaps to a new stadium in Kansas. Sources last fall said Kansas leaders broached the topic with the Chiefs during a regional trade trip to Germany that overlapped with overseas football play. But both parties say no official meetings or discussions happened before or after that trip.

Other sources said the Chiefs had pushed for an April sales tax vote, at least in part, out of a desire to pursue state funding before Missouri Gov. Mike Parson, a noted team fan, leaves office in January. Sources for a $500 million financial gap in the Chiefs' renovation project have yet to be specified.

It's not clear how Tuesday's outcome would have changed if just the Chiefs' proposal were on the ballot. White last week said he would be receptive to a Chiefs-only ballot question, involving a three-sixteenths-cent sales tax, rather than three eighths, over 40 years, "while the Royals finalize their planning."

"(Jackson County) voters have spoken," White posted to social media Tuesday evening, after the sales tax vote. "I'll say more on the election results and what happens next soon. Stay tuned!"

[Reply]
Pablo 02:35 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Relegate the Royals to Topeka until they build a winner again.
This seems fair. I've long proposed they take over the TBones Park until they can clear .500 three seasons in a row.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:39 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansasci...ium=trueAnthem
Frank White :-)... Loved him as a Royal, but the Chiefs have way more leverage an would never settle for 3/16ths, that's why they sandbagged this in the first place.
[Reply]
jettio 02:43 PM 04-03-2024
IDK, when you think about it. The only reason the Chiefs want some tax money for the cost of renovation is that Jackson County is the owner of the Truman Sports Complex.

Chiefs will stay at Arrowhead if another tax is approved or if they take over ownership from County at a reasonable price.

Chiefs make so much money that they could privately finance and fully own any new stadium if they get a sweetheart deal on land at an ideal location.

So for the Chiefs and maybe even for the Royals, the idea will be public should help pay for improvements or construction if the stadium is not owned by team.

If public does not want to pitch in on renovations, then give up ownership or team will build new with own money or team will sell a monorail to some rubes elsewhere and county can own a piece of history and figure it out.

I think the next vote for Arrowhead could be extend the current tax for the term of the new lease or have County give up ownership of Truman Sports Complex to the teams or one team if the other team does not extend lease.

That should be the questions put to voters or elected officials. pitch in if teams are not the owners, or give up ownership if no pitch in on renovations.

When you think about it, Royals could build new in Kansas City with TIF and fully own with tax breaks for a long time. The piss and moan about tax breaks to the rich for TIF will sound stupid when the same people campaigned against a proposal to have public pitch in to renovate or build a stadium that the Royals do not own.

Chiefs will stay at Arrowhead as owners or with a new Jackson County tax or Kansas City tax if Chiefs are not owners.

Royals will build new and get a whole lot more in tax breaks on a stadium and real estate development they fully own than they ever would have gotten from a sales tax to help pay for a publicly owned stadium.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:02 PM 04-03-2024
Let the games begin

https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...#storylink=cpy

Originally Posted by :
Former Kansas House Speaker Ron Ryckman Jr., an Olathe Republican, is quietly working with unnamed parties interested in bringing the Kansas City Chiefs across the border, The Star has learned.

Jackson County voters’ rejection of a stadiums sales tax opens a new opportunity for Kansas to attempt to lure one or both teams. Ryckman and his mystery stakeholders are betting the time is right. “Jackson County fumbled. Now there will be a mad scramble for the ball and we’re in the best position for a scoop and score,” Ryckman said in a text message to The Star.

As the Chiefs and Royals have publicly weighed their options ahead of the expiration of their leases at Truman Sports Complex in 2031, rumblings about a possible move across state lines by one of the teams – often the Chiefs – have only grown. Jackson County would have likely put that speculation to rest with approval of the tax; now, the attention on Kansas is expected to grow.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:03 PM 04-03-2024
Good luck trying to delineate between the implications of extending the sales tax to benefit billionaires versus tax breaks which benefit billionaires to thousands of <90 IQs.
[Reply]
ghak99 03:05 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Marny Sherman in the comments wildin
I bet she's fun to live with.
[Reply]
DQCHIEF 03:07 PM 04-03-2024
I was a STL Ram season ticket holder before they left. The very next year I became a Chiefs season ticket holder. I live 3 1/2 hours from KC. I was shocked how inexpensive it was to be a season ticket holder for the Chiefs. No PSL! I paid 10,000 for 2 seats in STL. Of course that was before Mahomes so there were plenty available. I really hope they get this figured out. Ive experienced a team leaving when a lot of people said they never would. Thanks
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:08 PM 04-03-2024
It'll be extremely telling if the Chiefs won't engage separately with Jackson County and announce plans elsewhere before giving them a chance.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 114
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Up