ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 100
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
diqlix 02:57 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, I didn't respond because you're a waste of time.

The whole conversation was about momentum. You tried to change the subject.

Just like you always do.

This isn't even fun anymore. Have at it. I'm out.
I didn't change anything.

You just quote my posts, don't read them, respond however you wish, and then try to claim the goalposts were moved when you didn't even know what the goalposts were in the first place because you didn't read the post.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:58 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I guess winning 10 straight before purposely throwing a game isn't "hot" enough for some people....

EDIT: Then throws out Philly won 14 of 15, excluding the week 17 where they rested everyone....so, according to Einstein, the Chiefs are riding a 10 game winning streak and won 14 out of 15 as well.....
Well, yes.

No one is knocking the Chiefs for losing to the Chargers.

Unless they're just joking around a bit.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:01 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Well, yes.

So, you acknowledge that the Chiefs are the hottest team going into the playoffs, winning 14 out of 15 + 10 in a row (not counting the Chargers game)
[Reply]
diqlix 03:02 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
So, you acknowledge that the Chiefs are the hottest team going into the playoffs, winning 14 out of 15 + 10 in a row (not counting the Chargers game)
Well, duh.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:03 PM 01-05-2021
Isn't it just common sense?

If a team goes 4-4 in their first 8 games and looks average, but then goes 8-0 in the second half and looks amazing, what matters more?

What they were doing in September? Or what they're doing right now?
Ummm, neither.

Plenty of teams have come into the Playoffs 'hot' and quickly flamed out (see 2019 Ravens)

Whether you are 'hot' or not at the end of the regular season doesn't mean jack shit when you get to the playoffs. A big part of the reason is you're also going up against other good to elite teams who don't give a shit about whatever 'momentum' you had going into the playoffs. It's all about what you actually DO in the playoffs. Either perform or you're gone. That's it.

This Bills team has yet to prove anything as the only thing you have done is flame out (see last year). Maybe you light the world on fire this year? Or maybe you get gut punched in the Wildcard round? Better teams than the Bills (again, see 2019 Ravens) have suffered this fate.

The Chiefs, however, HAVE proved they can succeed in the post-season and can turn it on when they need to. Does that automatically mean they will? Not necessarily. But they have a proven track record and you have something to legitimately measure them by. Again, doesn't mean they can't lose.

But anyone who bets the Bills over the Chiefs at this point to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl (and there are a lot of people starting to do just that) just because they finished 'hot' closing out the regular season is just a complete ****ing idiot. Sorry, that's just the truth.

Now, if you win your first two playoff games in blowout fashion and come to Arrowhead for the AFC Title Game, then I could at least understand why you are so confident in your team. But at this point, they have proven jack and shit.

So wait till they actually do something worthwhile in the playoffs before continually running your mouth about them.

We're all tired of hearing (and reading) about it.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:06 PM 01-05-2021
Well, duh.
yeah right....duh....

I mean, nothing you post indicates that you're aware of that....
[Reply]
diqlix 03:15 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Ummm, neither.

Plenty of teams have come into the Playoffs 'hot' and quickly flamed out (see 2019 Ravens)

Whether you are 'hot' or not at the end of the regular season doesn't mean jack shit when you get to the playoffs. A big part of the reason is you're also going up against other good to elite teams who don't give a shit about whatever 'momentum' you had going into the playoffs. It's all about what you actually DO in the playoffs. Either perform or you're gone. That's it.

This Bills team has yet to prove anything as the only thing you have done is flame out (see last year). Maybe you light the world on fire this year? Or maybe you get gut punched in the Wildcard round? Better teams than the Bills (again, see 2019 Ravens) have suffered this fate.

The Chiefs, however, HAVE proved they can succeed in the post-season and can turn it on when they need to. Does that automatically mean they will? Not necessarily. But they have a proven track record and you have something to legitimately measure them by. Again, doesn't mean they can't lose.

But anyone who bets the Bills over the Chiefs at this point to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl (and there are a lot of people starting to do just that) just because they finished 'hot' closing out the regular season is just a complete ****ing idiot. Sorry, that's just the truth.
Other posters already delved into this, so I'll just copy/paste it.

A "hot" team is different than what we are talking about.

What I am saying is, how a team is playing more recently is more indicative of how they will play in the playoffs.

Whether they are hot or not.

It could be a "cold" team, for example.

Look at the Steelers. They won 11 games in a row, and dropped 4 of their last 5.

I think they are more likely to lose in the playoffs, than win, based on them losing 4 of the last 5.

Some would say "Yeah, but they won 11 straight". And to me, that's irrelevant.

Because what they have done most recently, is crap the bed. That, to me, is more indicative of what they will do next week. Rather than what they did in Week 1.

Originally Posted by :
Now, if you win your first two playoff games in blowout fashion and come to Arrowhead for the AFC Title Game, then I could at least understand why you are so confident in your team. But at this point, they have proven jack and shit.

So wait till they actually do something worthwhile in the playoffs before continually running your mouth about them.

We're all tired of hearing (and reading) about it.
I agree they haven't done anything yet.

No team has.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:19 PM 01-05-2021
Let's talk about the Bills, not the Steelers.

If you want us to believe that the Steelers are vulnerable in the playoffs because of the last few weeks then you also believe the Bills are tougher because they've played well the last few weeks.

You cannot sidestep that. If the former is true, so is the latter.

So when presented with tons of historical evidence that shows the exact opposite - that teams on hot streaks don't make it to Super Bowl any more than anybody else, what do you think that means.

Don't talk about the Steelers. Talk about the Bills. Tell us how they're going to buck the trend. Don't tell us you don't believe the trend because you just told us you do, by citing the Steelers as the example.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:24 PM 01-05-2021
Isn't it just common sense?

If a team goes 4-4 in their first 8 games and looks average, but then goes 8-0 in the second half and looks amazing, what matters more?

What they were doing in September? Or what they're doing right now?
The quality of the opposition they faced. That’s the answer numb nuts. If your schedule is front loaded with better teams and the back end is loaded with less than stellar opponents. And you struggle against the early schedule, that’s the tell tale sign. Every good team we’ve beaten this season had the same BS fans coming saying the same BS. Texans gonna get revenge from the playoff beat down, Ravens are gonna get revenge they’re on fire, Patriots have our number, Bills are too strong, Bucs O and D will dominate, Miami’s D will win the game, Saints D is too explosive. We’ve heard it all, and beaten them all. Reigning SB Champs, best record in the NFL, 1st round bye. We’re about to run it back, while your running your cocksucker.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:31 PM 01-05-2021
Well, yes.

Cowherd dropped them from 2nd to 4th but he also has the Bills #1 so we all know that his rankings are a crock of shit.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:34 PM 01-05-2021
I agree they haven't done anything yet.

No team has.
Except the defending WORLD CHAMPION KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:37 PM 01-05-2021
I do agree that everyone is now:

0-0

The real season starts Saturday! I can't wait!
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:50 PM 01-05-2021
Holy shit, it's been 13 minutes with no posts from TheDicks.

Anybody else worried that maybe he died?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:02 PM 01-05-2021
Well, i guess after finally shutting up all the troll fans of other teams last year and sending them home with their tails between their legs, we are getting a new batch.
[Reply]
loochy 04:10 PM 01-05-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Nobody wants to see them because they're a boring ass team with no stars from some obscure town
[Reply]
Page 70 of 100
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Up