ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 108
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:21 AM 10-29-2019
Fans just want the team to always do something and then bitch when they do it. It’s annoying as hell.

On the opening day of FA in March:

“Sign someone Veach you fucking clown! JFC just fire this lame ass if he doesn’t spend, spend spend!”

Okay spend on what? Hitchens? Sammy? Or make another big move via trade in Clark? So we bitch at Veach for not making moves that a lot of posters have ended up hating?

Get those values. Alex Okafor’s at 30% of an elite contract, Justin Houston’s at 66% of an elite contract, Morris Claiborne’s at a very low price to fill in as depth and the rest through the draft and smaller trades (Ogbah).
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:21 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If it's a neck thing, I hope it's not a disc issue. That wouldn't be good and he could be out a while.
I’d keep him out as long as necessary to ensure he’s there full tilt come playoff time. If that means a month, so be it.

He’s the type of dude that isn’t going to be intimidated by NE and all their shit. I can see him wrecking Brady (if he’s good to go)...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:41 AM 10-29-2019
See to me, that's so stupid.

He's leaving after the year and you'll get a 3rd maybe comp pick in 2 years or just get a 3 this year.
The day is not over and they may try to just resign him, either is fine as he has several years left in the tank.
[Reply]
O.city 09:43 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Fans just want the team to always do something and then bitch when they do it. It’s annoying as hell.

On the opening day of FA in March:

“Sign someone Veach you ****ing clown! JFC just fire this lame ass if he doesn’t spend, spend spend!”

Okay spend on what? Hitchens? Sammy? Or make another big move via trade in Clark? So we bitch at Veach for not making moves that a lot of posters have ended up hating?

Get those values. Alex Okafor’s at 30% of an elite contract, Justin Houston’s at 66% of an elite contract, Morris Claiborne’s at a very low price to fill in as depth and the rest through the draft and smaller trades (Ogbah).
Fans are fans. They wouldn't bitch at him if his big moves worked out.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 10-29-2019

#Jets are looking to trade star RB Le’Veon Bell before the trade deadline, per @MMehtaNYDN

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) October 29, 2019

Send them a 7th?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:47 AM 10-29-2019
See I can’t agree with this. I understand that Veach missed on some low risk/low cost guys like Darron Lee, but you have to keep in mind that this is year 1 in a 4-3 with new personnel. Can’t fix it all next year.

We are 5th in sacks and 17th in PPG. That’s an improvement over last year. And yeah the major thing is the LB’s are still bad, but if they can get a couple of additions there next year, our defense will be above average.

Not getting the Okafor hate either. He’s been a solid rotational vet that’s on pace for 6 sacks. That’s pretty much living up to his billing IMO. He’s only making 30% of what Clark is making.

Again, we are seeing good early returns from Hardman, Thornhill, Saunders and Rankin plus the Ogbah trade has been a big hit.

I think if we have more offseasons like this one (minus the big Clark trade), we’ll be just fine.
You've been satisfied w/ Okafor? He's been a little more athletic than I expected but he's been SUPER soft against the run. He's been pushed around big-time; way too easy to get on skates.

And I feel like there should be a 50% surcharge against any stats accumulated against that Broncos team - holy shit they are terrible. I mean laughably bad. And that's where Okafor got 2/3 of his pass rush productivity (after being pretty much silent through the first 6 weeks).

Okafor's been pretty rough to this point, man. Now he DID have his best half of the season against Detroit and my memory is he got dinged in that one. Maybe he was rounding into form and the Denver game was a continuation of that rather than a blip made possible by a god-awful OL - we'll see if he gets back healthy.

But to this point I don't think he's been worth writing home about, especially given how susceptible he's been against the run.

And how did we go from the offseason saying "Hey, I think Veach knew all along they were switching to a 4-3 that's why he drafted Speaks and signed Hitchens..." to "well what do you expect, he's only had 1 year to get the personnel he needed...."

I've always subscribed to the former. Speaks makes ZERO sense in a 3-4 and was a dead giveaway that they weren't long for that system; Hitchens made more sense in a 4-3 as well. Moreover, the team spent a ton of time in 4-2-5 formations last year anyway (or that 'heavy nickle' they liked to run), which aren't significantly different than what we're doing now.

I don't think you can just give him a pass there - he's had 2 years to bring in personnel for this system and when they're not running their base looks more than 1/3 of the time, then he's had 2 years to get the sub packages in working order and simply hasn't brought in the talent necessary to do so, regardless of scheme.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:48 AM 10-29-2019

Send them a 7th?
What's the cap hit? Cuz frankly, Mahomes is going to need a running game. This offense does not scare teams with their ground game anymore like they did with Hunt.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:48 AM 10-29-2019
Leveon Bell has 15.5, 13.5 and 15 million cap hits after this year.

Hell no
[Reply]
Cosmos 09:50 AM 10-29-2019
Alex Mack C Falcons, signed for 2 more years, wouldn’t hurt one bit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 10-29-2019

Send them a 7th?
Fuck no.

Guy has a $13.5 million cap hit next season and his $8.5 million salary is guaranteed (so you can either eat that to avoid his roster bonus of $5 million or keep him on the roster and pay the $5 million kicker).

That contract is poison. If they send US a 3rd, I might consider it but even that probably isn't enough.
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 AM 10-29-2019
Could the Jets take on some of the money from it? How does that work in the NFL?
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Alex Mack C Falcons, signed for 2 more years, wouldn’t hurt one bit.
Eh, he's pretty old.
[Reply]
O.city 09:52 AM 10-29-2019
He's only got 13 mil more of guaranteed money on it, so you could do somethings after right?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:52 AM 10-29-2019
Leveon Bell has 15.5, 13.5 and 15 million cap hits after this year.

Hell no
The Chiefs could avoid the 2021 cap hit but the 2020 is locked in.

If he wants to restructure his deal in a way that puts ALL that shit onto this year's cap for the Jets, I'd listen then. Have him sign an 'extension' for a year with a signing bonus that equals his entire 2020 salary and then trade him so all that bonus hits the jets cap. Then give him a base salary of about $5 million next season so he still has something to play for and if he sucks we can cut him free and clear.

But with his contract as its presently constructed, the Jets would have to give us a TON to justify taking that deal. Of course they're trying to move him - the question isn't what they'd get, it's what they'll have to GIVE.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:53 AM 10-29-2019
As we close in on 5hrs to the deadline, it's eerily quiet compared to last year.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 108
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Up