ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>To extend Tyrann or not to...
BigRedChief 11:14 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Stop calling him Landlord.

He's Honey Badger. He doesn't get to choose his nickname. He needs to get over it.
Originally Posted by wazu:
I know it's been said before, but yeah, it is such a slap in the face when a guy already has the coolest nickname in all of sports, then decides to try to re-brand himself with a new one. (That incidentally isn't nearly as good.)
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If he doesn't get to choose his nickname than neither do you.

I vote the mods change your username to "RealANL".
athletes on your team get to chose the nickname that they are called by their own fans.

Although I agree, honey Badger is one of the coolest nicknames ever.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:36 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
athletes on your team get to chose the nickname that they are called by their own fans.

Although I agree, honey Badger is one of the coolest nicknames ever.
No they don't. They can sure fucking try, but if there's an entrenched nickname for them already in place, it's hard to get rid of that.

How many Chiefs fans actually know Mathieu wants to be known as The Landlord?

And how many of those Chiefs fans still call him Honey Badger?

More to the point, when the Chiefs play on national TV, do you think those guys are more apt to call him Honey Badger or Landlord?

Sometimes nicknames are bestowed upon you. You either accept them as an honor or you get pissy about it. I don't get this "rebrand" mid-career crisis that Mathieu is trying to pull, but it really hasn't taken off. The only people who call him Landlord are direct Chiefs media people like Mitch Holthus because it's not sticking.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:47 PM 07-01-2021
How many Chiefs fans actually know Mathieu wants to be known as The Landlord?
A shit ton. The "average" fan actually does Twitter and TikTok and doesn't sit on CP all day so they've seen Matthieu refer to himself as the Landlord daily for the last 3 years.

And how many of those Chiefs fans still call him Honey Badger?
All of them.

One can have more than one nickname, ANL.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:06 PM 07-01-2021
A shit ton. The "average" fan actually does Twitter and TikTok and doesn't sit on CP all day so they've seen Matthieu refer to himself as the Landlord daily for the last 3 years.
I love Matthieu but that's a terrible nickname...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:58 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by :
The only people who call him Landlord are direct Chiefs media people like Mitch Holthus because it's not sticking.
you realize I founded Arrowhead Kingdom where the article was posted, right? I don’t know anyone at one Arrowhead. Writers write whatever they want on Arrowhead Kingdom. I don’t edit shit or tell them their subjects or what angle to say. Free speech reins. I’m sure we will piss off the Chiefs many times this season.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:38 AM 07-01-2021
I suppose he could go full Metta World Peace and legally change his name to Tyrann Landlord. That would probably do the trick.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:37 PM 07-01-2021
Remember when Mahomes first lit up the league? People were like… “shit we need a nickname for him!”

Mahomes and his publicity team used what his dad called him, which is “Showtime.”

So one of those first prime time games the announcers were pushing the Showtime thing pretty hard, and it just didn’t take that well. And that was that. Rich Eisen’s “The Patural” has more sticking power these days.

Matthieu needs to acknowledge at this point that Landlord isn’t taking. Time to put it away
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:18 PM 07-01-2021
The Patural has sticking power? :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:58 PM 07-01-2021
The Patural has sticking power? :-)
It's called an exaggeration. I was being poetically obtuse.

The Patural doesn't have sticking power. But neither does Landlord.
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:50 PM 07-01-2021
never heard of the patural

but if eisen keeps saying it someone will have to baseball bat his knees until he quits saying that
[Reply]
srvy 07:30 PM 07-01-2021
Personally, I don't really care about nicknames too much. If he wants to be called The Landlord go for it. I like that he plays for the KC Chiefs and hate the thought of this defense without him. I don't want to overpay into a situation where he gets old and unproductive but we can't afford to let him go. I do like to just post HB or Honey Badger as I struggle with his first name spelling. If we overpay for to many years id hate to refer to him as the slumlord because we cant afford any players other than trash. Glad I don't have to make the decision because this defense will decline without him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:05 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Personally, I don't really care about nicknames too much. If he wants to be called The Landlord go for it. I like that he plays for the KC Chiefs and hate the thought of this defense without him. I don't want to overpay into a situation where he gets old and unproductive but we can't afford to let him go. I do like to just post HB or Honey Badger as I struggle with his first name spelling. If we overpay for to many years id hate to refer to him as the slumlord because we cant afford any players other than trash. Glad I don't have to make the decision because this defense will decline without him.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
BossChief 02:34 PM 07-02-2021
His Extention will be announced in the week leading up to training camp. Maybe even the day before. They want the signing to give energy to the team going into camp.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:40 PM 07-02-2021
He's gonna cost a shit ton of $

So will Brown.

Are the Chiefs gonna have enough cap space to pay everyone?
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:51 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
He's gonna cost a shit ton of $

So will Brown.

Are the Chiefs gonna have enough cap space to pay everyone?
Pay Honey Badger so the D. won't suck and pay Brown so our Oline won't get Mahomes killed. Win, win situation.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up