« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Jehu Chesson Thread*****
Dante84 11:48 AM 04-29-2017
Updates to come

[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:48 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Robinson and DAT will go before Wilson.

CP hates Wilson far more than is warranted.
Yup.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:48 PM 04-29-2017
I dont believe in trading picks to move up in later rds unless there's a 1st rd talent that's fallen. Using picks to move up in the earlier rds 1-3 is one thing, those are picks you want starting on day 1 if you can. Rds 4-7 are roster depth pics/projects/etc. Why would you trade away picks to move up to draft someone who's not going to play that much?
[Reply]
Iconic 12:53 PM 04-29-2017
Great size, runs a similar 3 cone to OBJ, good body control, and a willing blocker. He'll probably contribute immediately on ST as a gunner... lots and lots of speed so you guys should stop comparing him to Baldwin lol. Baldwin was a straight line guy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:55 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
DAT, Robinson and Wilson are more like #6 & #7 receivers

How about Da'Ron Brown?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:59 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Great size, runs a similar 3 cone to OBJ
Jesus. Who cares?
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:01 PM 04-29-2017
It's a stretch, but it could be argued that, like Butt, a healthy Chesson may have been first or second round caliber in this draft. Say just for the sake of argument he doesn't get injured in that Citrus Bowl and he builds on his 2015 performance. The big difference with him compared with Butt is that he's ready to go right now, not months down the road.

And he was still good in 2016. He just wasn't quite what he was a year prior.

And I'll say it again: he may not be a project at all. He's played for two years under Harbaugh in a pro style offense. This is not Junior Hemingway. Chesson knows the route tree. He blocks. He has great hands. He wins contested balls. He already does pretty much everything you want a receiver to do. He just needs to up it to NFL caliber. Like literally everyone else drafted this week.

I think what he needs most is to make sure he gets his legs back under him, so he has those 2015 wheels again, and get some upper body strength on him to help him with press coverage.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 01:07 PM 04-29-2017
Let's also acknowledge the mess that Michigans passing game was at times. That didn't help his numbers.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:09 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's a stretch, but it could be argued that, like Butt, a healthy Chesson may have been first or second round caliber in this draft. Say just for the sake of argument he doesn't get injured in that Citrus Bowl and he builds on his 2015 performance. The big difference with him compared with Butt is that he's ready to go right now, not months down the road.

And he was still good in 2016. He just wasn't quite what he was a year prior.

And I'll say it again: he may not be a project at all. He's played for two years under Harbaugh in a pro style offense. This is not Junior Hemingway. Chesson knows the route tree. He blocks. He has great hands. He wins contested balls. He already does pretty much everything you want a receiver to do. He just needs to up it to NFL caliber. Like literally everyone else drafted this week.

I think what he needs most is to make sure he gets his legs back under him, so he has those 2015 wheels again, and get some upper body strength on him to help him with press coverage.
Your inner Wolverine homer has given me hope! Thanks!
[Reply]
Dante84 01:11 PM 04-29-2017
Okay, the 2015 highlights remind me of Jordy Nelson when he was at K-State.

This could be an exciting addition.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:14 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Let's also acknowledge the mess that Michigans passing game was at times. That didn't help his numbers.
Don't get me started on Wilton Speight.

He also shared the field with the afore-mentioned Butt, as well as Amara Darboh, who as I recall went late last night. Really, I'd have been happy with any of those three in this range.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:15 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Jesus. Who cares?
That he has a great 3 cone? Or that it's similar to OBJ?
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:16 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
:-)
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 01:21 PM 04-29-2017
Dorsey drafts like the Raiders used to draft.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:22 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Inner? The dude is dripping it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:25 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
Dorsey drafts like the Raiders used to draft.
Far from it
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up