ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sutton's Defense Won't Dictate Or Attack
Simply Red 12:18 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You mean the previous 4 seasons during which they also finished 2nd and 3rd overall in points allowed?

Years of Martyball and Alex Smith-like play have ruined this fan base.
There was a window earlier yesterday where we got to use 'RRPP' - so that was pretty neat.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 12:19 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
Because the previous 4 seasons have no bearing on this viewpoint?
I wouldnt say that those 4 seasons have all been awful. Given the personnel and injuries he's had to deal with. Again im not looking to crown the dude. I wanted him gone. But im not gonna freak out after a preseason game.
[Reply]
007 12:36 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
I wouldnt say that those 4 seasons have all been awful. Given the personnel and injuries he's had to deal with. Again im not looking to crown the dude. I wanted him gone. But im not gonna freak out after a preseason game.
Freak out? I'm not freaking out. I'm just saying how I feel about the team. I personally expect a down season this year.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:12 PM 08-17-2018
It’s the battered wife defense.

We get slapped and punched in the face repateadely"........but at some point we finally hold and keep them from killing us.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:18 AM 08-18-2018
So are the missing starters going to be ready for week 1?

I'm in no mood for another year of pussy defense. If the corners got rave reviews all camp and the new pieces are able to stop the run occasionally, you would think it would at least be better than last year.
[Reply]
TEX 06:26 AM 08-18-2018
The JAG Colllection could be the second coming of GRob's defense. Its that bad.
[Reply]
bricks 06:53 AM 08-18-2018
Anyway, stats don’t tell the whole story.

They are at times deceiving.

I like to get involved in the intricacies of the game. They tell me much more.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:16 AM 08-18-2018
JFC, the defense plays without 5 of the eleven starters in a preseason game, they allow 14 points, and Pete decides to vaginal discharge all over the board. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 07:44 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
JFC, the defense plays without 5 of the eleven starters in a preseason game, they allow 14 points, and Pete decides to vaginal discharge all over the board. :-)
The 14 points came against mostly #1's. Atlanta had little problems moving the ball and could have added 6 more points had they decided to kick FG's instead of going for it on 4th and short a ccople times.

Yes, KC was without some starters, but so was Atlanta's offense.

If you like what you saw out of the JAG Collection defense, great! I sure didn't.
[Reply]
ping2000 07:45 AM 08-18-2018
Sutton sucks. It doesn't matter who is playing.
[Reply]
loochy 07:49 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by ping2000:
It's the same damn thing every game, every time. 6 yard run. 10 yard run. 1 yard run. They convert on 3rd and forever with a pass over the middle. Repeat until touchdown.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:56 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Is that why the second, third, and fourth string defenses put up a shutout in the second half?
[Reply]
ping2000 08:42 AM 08-18-2018
Is that why the second, third, and fourth string defenses put up a shutout in the second half?
Against second, third, and fourth string offenses? He fucking sucks ass. We'll talk again after multiple implosions this year.
[Reply]
notorious 08:45 AM 08-18-2018
I don't see how anyone can look at the past few years defense and think that they have been as good as Denver's.

The numbers may be close, but the style and ability to win big games aren't even in the same universe.

Use your eyes FFS. It's obvious.
[Reply]
notorious 08:49 AM 08-18-2018
I don't expect any defense that Sutton puts on the field to dictate a game. The only hope I have is that the offense scores so much that our pass rush can tee off on the QB when we get leads.

Something similar to the Manning Colts.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up