ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**Tuesday, May 21st Tigers at Royals GDT**
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:59 PM 05-21-2024
Going for five in a row with Marsh on the bump and a chance to take the series from the Tigers!

1. Garcia - 3B
2. BWJ - SS
3. Vinnie - 1B
4. Salvy - C
5. Massey - 2B
6. Frazier - DH
7. MJ - LF
8. Renfroe - RF
9. Isbel - CF

LFG.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:32 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
31-19. Tied for best 50 game start in Royals history. Last time was in 1976.

:-):-):-):-):-)
Wow! Never would have seen this coming.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 08:32 PM 05-21-2024
The boys are playing some ball! hit me.
[Reply]
threebag 08:38 PM 05-21-2024
31-19 season is feeling good and Fuck the Yankmees
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 08:38 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Who wants some rep for the team tied with the best start after 50 games in team history? :-)
yo I don't see no rep and I ain't happy about it :-)

[Reply]
cmh6476 08:39 PM 05-21-2024
rep rep rep
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 08:44 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
yo I don't see no rep and I ain't happy about it :-)

never mind bro, we're good

[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:51 PM 05-21-2024
Just noticed what I think might be an unusual little "thing".

Royals have won the last five games. The starting pitchers all got the win.

Without doing a lot of research, I'm guessing it's been awhile since the Royals and their rotation have managed that.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:55 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
31-19. Tied for best 50 game start in Royals history. Last time was in 1976.

:-):-):-):-):-)
What a wild season, 1976, was. Started slooow. Even through the month of May it was an uphill climb.

Whitey loved to platoon players and he did it in LF with Tom Poquette and Jim Wohlford. Poquette was playing really well. But in June, might have been the against the White Sox, he went back to make a play on a long fly ball, caught a spike in one of the seams in the turf, stumbled and hit the unpadded wall with his face. Fractured maxillary sinus. Was not long after they padded that wall. Scared the bejeezus out of everybody in LFGA.

Thought he was dead. No joke.

Anyway, they got really hot and had the best record in the AL at the ASB.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 10:13 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
What a wild season, 1976, was. Started slooow. Even through the month of May it was an uphill climb.

Whitey loved to platoon players and he did it in LF with Tom Poquette and Jim Wohlford. Poquette was playing really well. But in June, might have been the against the White Sox, he went back to make a play on a long fly ball, caught a spike in one of the seams in the turf, stumbled and hit the unpadded wall with his face. Fractured maxillary sinus. Was not long after they padded that wall. Scared the bejeezus out of everybody in LFGA.

I enjoy your posts, and can’t decide if reading them in the voice of Vin Scully or Wilfred Brimley is best. Not that they have anything to do with the Royals. But grade-A nostalgia.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:33 PM 05-21-2024
That was a fun game to go to.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 10:42 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:

I'm a little confused. 31-19 is a slooow start? I mean, I know we're not the '84 Tigers, but that seems a bit much. But if you're trying to allude we will get even hotter than we already are, and have the best record in the AL by the ASB, then I'm happy!
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 11:03 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
I'm a little confused. 31-19 is a slooow start? I mean, I know we're not the '84 Tigers, but that seems a bit much. But if you're trying to allude we will get even hotter than we already are, and have the best record in the AL by the ASB, then I'm happy!
Mr. Irish is referring to the AL West standings. The Royals were battling their way to first place in the division. As good as their start was, they were as many as 3.0 games back as late as May 12th. They were tied for first place on May 18th to finally reach the top of the division. Once again they were tied for first on May 29th. Then they proceeded to secure sole possession of first place from May 30th onward, the entire duration of the season.

Their peak in the AL West standings was a 12-game lead on August 5th. They finished as AL West divisional champions with "only" a 2.5 game advantage. Late August and especially September weren't so strong. Regular season record: 90-72.

I wasn't born for another 7 years. Credit to Baseball Reference.

Game-by-Game Schedule:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/t...#team_schedule
[Reply]
New World Order 11:12 PM 05-21-2024
Ill be at the game tomorrow.

If anyone has a problem with me ill be at the George Brett statue
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:36 AM 05-22-2024
Winner!
[Reply]
RockChalk 04:37 AM 05-22-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order: