ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
rabblerouser 08:22 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
At least nobody has Haglunds
This.

I read somewhere that the Haglund's will fuck with your spirit.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 07:16 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
Best wishes for you and your ability to overcome your addiction the alcohol, it's a very tough battle to fight and I hope you have continuing success, all the best to you and your family
[Reply]
Stryker 08:12 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Brother you are an awesome Planeteer! You can get through this. Hang tuff and get through this. We are all friends here and you can do it! Besides, you seem nice! What! :-)
[Reply]
58-4ever 08:23 PM 08-20-2019
What’s next, SR? Treatment?
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:47 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
What’s next, SR? Treatment?
well first is getting through this first week, then I may, yes. Thanks for the concern.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:31 PM 08-20-2019
You got the talking part done.
Respect and best wishes Red.
[Reply]
cripple creek 08:34 PM 08-20-2019
best of luck SR
[Reply]
Megbert 08:54 PM 08-20-2019
I don't know you personally, but in the past you've sent me kind PM's supporting me. So in turn, I'm supporting you.

Good luck

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Strongside 09:24 PM 08-20-2019
Good for you for deciding to make a change, man. It’s not easy, as you know. It’s a daily battle and will be for the rest of your life.

I recently saw an interview where someone likened alcoholism to a boxing match. Every day you wake up, ducking, dodging and evading the punches - and if you aren’t careful, your opponent will knock you right back onto your ass. The goal is to lay your head down that night and be able to say “I won today.”

Here’s hoping every day moving forward is a win for you.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:27 PM 08-20-2019
Gods speed
[Reply]
carcosa 09:28 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I support you, pal!
[Reply]
Monty 09:41 PM 08-20-2019
Hey, as you can see, we all love you and support you. You can do this!! Mrs. Monty is a damn good counselor, so if you need more help and support, just ask.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09:42 PM 08-20-2019
Best of luck to you.

Just take it one day at a time.

You got this.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 12:39 AM 08-21-2019
I'm workin on quitting. I drink every single night, starting at about 12:40 AM. Been doing it for years now (at different times, haven't always worked these hours). I don't wanna quit for physical health reasons. I'm 31 and have a lot of gas in the tank, but I get angry and say mean terrible shit every once in a great while, so I'm workin on it. Didn't drink any alcohol the night before last and I was awake all night. Even took sleeping pills but was wide awake until I had to go to work again. Can't seem to sleep without the drink, that's the shittiest thing for me.
[Reply]
chinaski 10:33 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
I'm workin on quitting. I drink every single night, starting at about 12:40 AM. Been doing it for years now (at different times, haven't always worked these hours). I don't wanna quit for physical health reasons. I'm 31 and have a lot of gas in the tank, but I get angry and say mean terrible shit every once in a great while, so I'm workin on it. Didn't drink any alcohol the night before last and I was awake all night. Even took sleeping pills but was wide awake until I had to go to work again. Can't seem to sleep without the drink, that's the shittiest thing for me.
Insomnia, Anxiety etc is a symptom of alcohol withdraw, as long as you aren't having Delirium Tremens (shakes, hallucinations), it will pass fairly quickly (within a few days) and you will get the best sleep you have ever had in your life. If you do get the DT's, you need to check in to a hospital ASAP, it can be fatal.

Alcohol actually disrupts your sleep pattern. When you are off of it, you sleep much better.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up