ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Farrah Fawcett dead
Hammock Parties 10:50 AM 06-25-2009
http://www.people.com/people/article...240288,00.html

Farrah Fawcett Dies of Cancer at 62

Farrah Fawcett, who skyrocketed to fame as one of a trio of impossibly glamorous private eyes on TV's Charlie's Angels, has died after a long battle with cancer. She was 62.

Fawcett died at 9:28 a.m. PST at St. John’s Heath Center in Santa Monica, Calif. She had recently returned to St. John's for treatment of complications from anal cancer, first diagnosed three years ago. Her longtime partner Ryan O'Neal was at her side throughout her final days.

Like so much about Fawcett's life – including her bumpy relationship with O'Neal – her heroic struggle to beat the disease was closely followed by her legion of fans.

"I've watched her this past year fight with such courage and so valiantly, but with such humor," Fawcett's Charlie's Angels costar Kate Jackson told PEOPLE in November 2007.

O'Neal, in particular, remained a steadfast supporter of Fawcett, who, despite her frailty, spent the last months of her life filming a TV documentary chronicling her illness, including several trips to Germany to undergo experimental treatment. Fawcett is survived by her son with O'Neal, Redmond, 24, who is currently serving a prison term in California after repeated drug offenses.
[Reply]
Psyko Tek 07:42 PM 06-25-2009
right before Charlies abgel
want's she the girl who walked the cougar around in the lincoln mercury commercials
the she did a shot on six million dollar man
and the angels?

sound right?

yeah loved the poster
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:17 PM 06-25-2009
RIP Farrah Fawcett, I am glad her suffering is over.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 09:37 PM 06-25-2009
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Trivia: a one-time boss of mine was a high school classmate of Farrah's. He reported that she was jaw-dropping even before she became a star.
The only problem I had with her is that she is a Longwhorn.
[Reply]
Raiderhater58 05:19 AM 06-26-2009
Farrah was my girl, couldnt wait to watch Charlies Angels so I could see Jill. I too had the poster and I also had a T-shirt with the poster on it. I also had a life sized poster of her in a blue jump suit type thing with high heels on a 10 speed. Rubbed more than a few out.

R.I.P. Farrah
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:21 AM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
BOOM ... me too. Cheryl Ladd and Loni Anderson as well... (what were my parents thinking)... :-)

RIP
Me too. Along with a "slippery when wet" poster. Those were the days.

RIP Farrah!
[Reply]
Smed1065 06:29 AM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Me too. Along with a "slippery when wet" poster. Those were the days.

RIP Farrah!
America 2 years is better than 20!

I hated MJ but have to say Fuck Farrah.........

Stir.........

But true.

You all have a MJ poster, Its ok say so.......

:-)MAO
[Reply]
Smed1065 06:31 AM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
The only problem I had with her is that she is a Longwhorn.
You could not get her, even on a paid job?

Or life?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:37 AM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by Smed1065:
America 2 years is better than 20!

I hated MJ but have to say **** Farrah.........

Stir.........

But true.

You all have a MJ poster, Its ok say so.......

:-)MAO
Hmm... you're on a serious retard roll this morning. Not sure really what any of that means.
[Reply]
Duck Dog 06:57 AM 06-26-2009
RIP Farrah. You will be missed much more than that child molesting kiddy rapist.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:07 AM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by Duck Dog:
RIP Farrah. You will be missed much more than that child molesting kiddy rapist.
:-)

I think you should take a poll about which one more people care about.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:09 AM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Why is it a popularity contest?

Like everyone, they both had their 'demons'... some demons are worse than others. There's no question which of the two is the most popular and why one is getting more coverage than the other.

And, if it's worded "care about"... MJ loses big on here, I'm would be shocked if Farrah didn't win the "which person do you care most about" debate between those 2.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:12 AM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Why is it a popularity contest?

Like everyone, they both had their 'demons'... some demons are worse than others. There's no question which of the two is the most popular and why one is getting more coverage than the other.

And, if it's worded "care about"... MJ loses big on here, I'm would be shocked if Farrah didn't win the "which person do you care most about" debate between those 2.
On this exact midwestern based forum sure, on a general forum...not so much.

I know exactly how people on this forum will react before they do because of where it's based.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:16 AM 06-26-2009
On this exact midwestern based forum sure, on a general forum...not so much.

I know exactly how people on this forum will react before they do because of where it's based.
I definitely think opinions will vary... you go with the under 35 crowd, there's likely more pro-MJ sentiment. It will also depend on the race aspect as well and don't think it won't.

All in all, it would be a pointless exercise...
[Reply]
Duck Dog 07:16 AM 06-26-2009

So in one breath you say we shouldn't be disrespectful to the child molesting kiddy raper then laugh in the face of dead a Farrah Fawcett because she wasn't "as popular".

Face it, you're now 'that guy'.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:18 AM 06-26-2009
Don't bring up Michael Jackson in the Farrah Fawcett thread and I won't post that, but you made a rather stupid comment that was based nothing more on a personal attack against Michael Jackson in the FARRAH FAWCETT THREAD.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up