ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cam Newton to the Patriots
chiefzilla1501 08:59 AM 06-29-2020
I am just glad they aren't throwing the season for Lawrence. Cam is at least good enough to not give the Pats a shot at #1.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:06 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I am just glad they aren't throwing the season for Lawrence. Cam is at least good enough to not give the Pats a shot at #1.
NO QB would give NE a shot at #1. But either Cam, Dalton or Winston would be fine with Cam probably having the highest upside.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:31 AM 06-29-2020
Chase Daniel trending on Twitter.

Chase Daniel is being paid more than Jameis Winston and Cam Newton COMBINED.

— Adam Lefkoe (@AdamLefkoe) June 29, 2020

Chase Daniel has banked this for FIVE career starts. What a life. The American Dream. pic.twitter.com/Enj9Fum1OP

— Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) June 29, 2020

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:10 AM 06-29-2020
Smart move... 1 year flier on a guy in a Brady transition year. No real downside for NE and I think most expected this to happen.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:26 AM 06-29-2020
Smart move. Cam can give Bill what Lamar gives the Ravens. We know they like to run the ball and play defense. This can expand their offense and use Cam’s athleticism to improve their offense.
[Reply]
wazu 11:05 AM 06-29-2020
It's all good as long as Cam keeps them out of the Trevor sweepstakes.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:26 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
This is true.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:35 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
They were never in the Trevor sweepstakes. Their D is too good.
[Reply]
wazu 11:45 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
They were never in the Trevor sweepstakes. Their D is too good.
Their coach is too good for them to ever be in the Trevor sweepstakes involuntarily. However, before signing Cam it looked as if they were considering just full-on tanking on purpose.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:12 PM 06-29-2020
Denver/McDaniel beat a prime Steeler team with Tebow, they’ll get the best outta Cam if his body/brain isn’t toast... but that sure as hell doesn’t mean they’re gonna take us down

Spags knows what to do with running QB’s, just ask Lamar Jackson
[Reply]
Shoes 10:36 AM 06-29-2020
Interested to see what a motivated Cam Newton will do this season on the Patriots. Honestly I'd be surprised if he doesn't beat out Stidham eventually during the season but I still don't foresee the Patriots being a threat until they improve the talent on their roster. I can't see Cam Newton elevating that offense like Brady did with underwhelming weapons.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:58 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Interested to see what a motivated Cam Newton will do this season on the Patriots. Honestly I'd be surprised if he doesn't beat out Stidham eventually during the season but I still don't foresee the Patriots being a threat until they improve the talent on their roster. I can't see Cam Newton elevating that offense like Brady did with underwhelming weapons.
You are assuming Cam is motivated. Only motivation Cam has is for himself and Bellichek will weed this out in a hurry because in order to elevate an offense that lacks playmakers you MUST work at being a student of the game. Cam ain't gonna work I assure you. From Day 1 BB will be all up in this guy's ass to see if he has any hope of taking this guy's game to the next level I assure you.
[Reply]
sully1983 12:27 PM 06-29-2020
They'll probably win the AFC East yet again. Man, what a worthless division that is.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:15 PM 06-29-2020
Let's not underestimate Belichick's ability to make the cold, hard, calculated decision.

If they don't have a chance to win big this year, there's no doubt in my mind he'd gladly tank the season on purpose to get the #1 pick, if possible.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:04 PM 06-29-2020
Let's remember that they have a complex offense that requires the QB to actually use his brain, not just run plays. Cam has never shown he is a student of the game. They will start very slow if he even starts.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up