ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Gordon Wants a New Contract or Out of the Chargers
ThyKingdomCome15 01:04 PM 07-13-2019
I have no problem paying a RB if they earned it. Not seeing it. What MG has going for him is they dont have a viable RB back behind him. It's a weak group without him. So he does have leverage and he could get paid.
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 07-17-2019

Melvin Gordon thinks the Chargers “will cave” and pay him, or another team will be willing to trade for him if the holdout lasts “deep in the regular season,” a source told B/R’s @mikefreemanNFL �� pic.twitter.com/UsuwUn1qiM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) July 17, 2019

[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:51 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

I think they'll cave. I hope they'll cave.

They see this as their window and have always been high on Gordon.

An aging vet QB with a young defense in their prime.

Within the next year or two they're going to have to pay their young talent and Rivers' arm already started to fade down the stretch last season.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:57 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think they'll cave. I hope they'll cave.

They see this as their window and have always been high on Gordon.

An aging vet QB with a young defense in their prime.

Within the next year or two they're going to have to pay their young talent and Rivers' arm already started to fade down the stretch last season.
You may be right as well and they do the stupid thing and screw their cap up.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:56 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Chargers will the take the Steelers road for sure on this one IMHO; go elsewhere and get your so-called big payday.:-) IF Leveon didn't get paid then Gordon definitely will not get paid because Gordon is no Bell and the Chargers know that.
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 07-17-2019
Rivers could fall off the cliff at any point.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:23 AM 07-17-2019
I didn't watch a lot of their games last year but I know that Austin Ekeler scored a ton of fantasy points for me as a backup RB. I still have him this year, so being a starter would be even better. Go ahead and sit out Melvin.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:28 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I didn't watch a lot of their games last year but I know that Austin Ekeler scored a ton of fantasy points for me as a backup RB. I still have him this year, so being a starter would be even better. Go ahead and sit out Melvin.
Yep, Ekeler is a lot better than just a back up IMHO.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:27 AM 07-17-2019
Why do I hear "Traded to the Jets" in my mind?
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:38 AM 07-17-2019
We have a running gag in my fantasy league about Melvin Gordon. We draft via auction, and one of the owners was using his phone. When he put in a bid for Melvin Gordon, he was trying to type a bid in the 20s, but he accidentally fat-fingered it and did 123. He was also not very observant for some reason, because he didn't notice his bid was $123 when he pressed the submit button.

So we're all being having a nice time and quickly boosting up the price in $1 or $5 increments, and out of nowhere.... SOLD! $123

We were all stunned for a few seconds, then laughed our asses off at him. Also, a bunch of people changed their team names to something related to 123, like "Easy as 123" or "I'd buy that for $123!"
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 09:19 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We have a running gag in my fantasy league about Melvin Gordon. We draft via auction, and one of the owners was using his phone. When he put in a bid for Melvin Gordon, he was trying to type a bid in the 20s, but he accidentally fat-fingered it and did 123. He was also not very observant for some reason, because he didn't notice his bid was $123 when he pressed the submit button.

So we're all being having a nice time and quickly boosting up the price in $1 or $5 increments, and out of nowhere.... SOLD! $123

We were all stunned for a few seconds, then laughed our asses off at him. Also, a bunch of people changed their team names to something related to 123, like "Easy as 123" or "I'd buy that for $123!"
The first year we did an auction draft was during prime Adrian Peterson days, so I put out Chicago's Adrian Peterson first. He ended up going for something like $53 when the real Adrian Peterson went for a few dollars less.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:39 AM 07-17-2019
Gordon is playing the leverage game and in reality he's right to do it. The Chargers don't have the fan base or the history like the Steelers to make a stand and get supported in it.

The Chargers are a team that desperately needs to matter right now. With their aging QB, in a lot of ways he has them over a barrel here because of their overall situation.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 11:41 AM 07-17-2019
This (please):

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Chiefaholic 12:22 PM 07-17-2019
Think about this situation through John Dorsey's eyes. They have two great RB's and one pretty solid RB in Cleveland. Hunt is in the last year of his contract scheduled to make $975K and has been injury free for the most part of his collegiate and NFL career. He trades Hunt to the Chargers for cheap just to spite the Chiefs, The Bolts trade Gordon for equal or better compensation, and Hunt gets to play against the team that prematurely cut his ass twice a season. The Star and the media in general can kiss my ass.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:40 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
Think about this situation through John Dorsey's eyes. They have two great RB's and one pretty solid RB in Cleveland. Hunt is in the last year of his contract scheduled to make $975K and has been injury free for the most part of his collegiate and NFL career. He trades Hunt to the Chargers for cheap just to spite the Chiefs, The Bolts trade Gordon for equal or better compensation, and Hunt gets to play against the team that prematurely cut his ass twice a season. The Star and the media in general can kiss my ass.
meh......Hunt can easily be baited/setup by some cooperating waitress from Jack Stack!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up