ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>XFL to make a comeback
iDeaL 05:00 PM 01-25-2018
If the XFL is "staying out of political and social issues," wouldn't the logical thing be to not play the anthem before games at all?

Saying that you're going to stay out of things like that in one breath but then saying that players will be REQUIRED to stand in another breath seems kinnnnda like a contradiction. Maybe its just me.. Inb4 the people saying the anthem is not a political thing.. you would have been right about that a few years ago, but it is absolutely a politicized issue at the moment.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:01 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by iDeaL:
If the XFL is "staying out of political and social issues," wouldn't the logical thing be to not play the anthem before games at all?

Saying that you're going to stay out of things like that in one breath but then saying that players will be REQUIRED to stand in another breath seems kinnnnda like a contradiction. Maybe its just me.. Inb4 the people saying the anthem is not a political thing.. you would have been right about that a few years ago, but it is absolutely a politicized issue at the moment.
McMahon just stepped on his own dick.

This is going to fail spectacularly.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:37 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by iDeaL:

It will be a non issue by then.
[Reply]
Mennonite 05:32 PM 01-25-2018
Yeah, the WWF has a long history of strict moral standards for its employees.

The only way I'll watch is if the Iron Sheik is the color man for every game.
[Reply]
Danguardace 05:48 PM 01-25-2018
Always felt there is room an nfl alternative. There will be a ton of discarded players happy to play for those checks.

Not sure if this is it though.
[Reply]
thegame214 06:18 PM 01-25-2018
I hate the lull between SB to Aug so I may be one of the few into it. I admire Vince the son of a Bitch doesn't give up
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:26 PM 01-25-2018
This was gonna be a titanic failure with or without the political stance/non-stance/whatever Vince has in mind

Let him burn his money

I wont bother watching it, and I'd bet most others wont either... bring back NFL Europe, then I'd give a damn
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:05 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This was gonna be a titanic failure with or without the political stance/non-stance/whatever Vince has in mind

Let him burn his money

I wont bother watching it, and I'd bet most others wont either... bring back NFL Europe, then I'd give a damn

I watched that religiously.
The Scottish Claymores were my team.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:02 PM 01-25-2018
If he plays this right...it can work.

I'd watch it. Need teams in major markets without a pro team though.

St Louis
San Diego
Oakland
Portland
Salt Lake City

Then concentrate on college hotbeds.

Austin
Memphis
Louisville
Omaha
Albuquerque

Then places like Green Bay that would be a small market that would be family oriented.

Fargo
Des Moines
Boise
Columbus
Oklahoma City
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:12 PM 01-25-2018
There needs to be something unique about. Like arena.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:22 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
There needs to be something unique about. Like arena.
Agreed. But at the same time, the NFL has become so unimaginative that it wouldn't be hard to find ways to be different. Minor league games get crowds because they build the entire experience around the fan. Sell sex and personality, make the TV experience interactive, let players and coaches have fun, let stadiums have fun by actually focusing on entertainment. If you do that off season in 2nd tier markets, they could pull in decent crowds. They'll never compete with the NFL but they could build a niche if they don't get greedy about doing too much too soon.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:48 AM 01-26-2018
Marcus Williams is XFL material
[Reply]
Unsmooth-Moment 05:35 AM 01-26-2018
2 things.

Is there some type of rule prohibiting him from chasing after 18-20 year old athletes? If the NFL cannot get these guys until 3 years removed from high school, that’s the first place I’m starting.
Come play in my league, make some money instead of going to class, and then you decide what you want to do after 3 years. I know he said he wanted to stay away from being a minor league, but the talent at the top college level is a lot better than guys who aren’t sticking in the NFL. I think this is the most important part of the league. Getting some top end talent, even if it’s raw.

Secondly, you don’t need NBC, Fox. Go partner with Netflix or Amazon (those guys will be getting more involved in live television moving forward. I think it could work, but it needs to be done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:46 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment:
2 things.

Is there some type of rule prohibiting him from chasing after 18-20 year old athletes? If the NFL cannot get these guys until 3 years removed from high school, that’s the first place I’m starting.
Come play in my league, make some money instead of going to class, and then you decide what you want to do after 3 years. I know he said he wanted to stay away from being a minor league, but the talent at the top college level is a lot better than guys who aren’t sticking in the NFL. I think this is the most important part of the league. Getting some top end talent, even if it’s raw.
Why in the world would an 18-20 talented kid that's playing at a Power 5 school while receiving a great education leave their eligibility and degree on the table for maybe $50k?

Plus, who's putting an 18 year old kid up against a 28 year old NFL or CFL veteran and expecting him to "win" ANY type of battle?

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment:
Secondly, you don’t need NBC, Fox. Go partner with Netflix or Amazon (those guys will be getting more involved in live television moving forward. I think it could work, but it needs to be done right.
What is the incentive for Netflix or Amazon to partner up with a league that's only taking Choirboys for a 2 hour football game?

This league is going to be far, far below the standards of the CFL and the FBS, let alone, the NFL.

It's going to be a massive trainwreck.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:35 AM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Why in the world would an 18-20 talented kid that's playing at a Power 5 school while receiving a great education leave their eligibility and degree on the table for maybe $50k?

Plus, who's putting an 18 year old kid up against a 28 year old NFL or CFL veteran and expecting him to "win" ANY type of battle?

What is the incentive for Netflix or Amazon to partner up with a league that's only taking Choirboys for a 2 hour football game?

This league is going to be far, far below the standards of the CFL and the FBS, let alone, the NFL.

It's going to be a massive trainwreck.
Completely agree. This will be a train wreck on an epic scale.

The original XFL was a train wreck that bombed in the ratings and was cancelled after one season, and that was BEFORE CTE and #MeToo. McMahon tried to sell the original XFL on Extreme Violence and Extreme Sexuality, and all he actually delivered was He Hate Me and boring minor league football.

And now he says nobody with any kind of criminal record will be allowed to play in the new XFL? :-) He NEEDS players like Manziel and Kaepernick to have any chance at all, and he just eliminated both of them.

Vince McMahon is a senile old man with more money than he knows what to do with and a desperate need for attention. If I were one of his heirs, I'd be pissed.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up