ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Most overrated players in the NFL
Jerm 12:38 PM 06-17-2024

The best player at each offensive position, per our offseason analyst rankings ⭐️ pic.twitter.com/EEZIQ2UvV8

— PFF (@PFF) June 16, 2024

So I came across this tweet and while I know PFF is garbage...it got me thinking about this topic and about George Kittle. What in the fuck do people see that makes them hold him in such high regard???

He's played 7 season...broke 1k 3 times with 2 of those seasons barely being over 1,000...one season over 10 TDs, 4 of those seasons with 5 or less TDs and 2 were 6 TD seasons.

Not to mention he's been a complete non factor in both Super Bowls he's been in.

He's not even in the same galaxy as Kelce...I really wish someone would tell me what I'm missing here. He has a bombastic personality and is a goofball and talks a lot? Wow ok.

Who would you all say is massively overrated in the league by fans, media, etc.?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:29 PM 06-18-2024
After looking at the "Trevor Lawrence Gets Paid" thread, I'm going to say Trevor Lawrence.
[Reply]
loochy 03:28 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I really wouldn’t consider what’s happened with Josh Allen choking.

In 2020, they just weren’t ready yet.

In 2021 he played as well as a QB could realistically be expected to in a loss. 13 seconds was a legendary collapse by his defense.

In 2023 he got his team into field goal range and also dropped a dime to Diggs on a deep ball that would have changed the game. Diggs just dropped it and the kicker missed.

2022 against the Bengals was the closest to choking I’d consider.

Is losing to a better team really choking? I don't think so.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:48 PM 06-18-2024
After watching Mike Pennel ragdoll Trent Williams in the Super Bowl, I'm inclined to say that Trent Williams is overrated.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:51 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
After watching Mike Pennel ragdoll Trent Williams in the Super Bowl, I'm inclined to say that Trent Williams is overrated.
Maybe Mike Pennel is just underrated?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:52 PM 06-18-2024
I’m sticking with Burrow.

The rest of these guys get plenty of criticism.

Not Joe though. He gets a pass despite being surrounded by otherworldly receiver talent even back at LSU.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 04:00 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m sticking with Burrow.

The rest of these guys get plenty of criticism.

Not Joe though. He gets a pass despite being surrounded by otherworldly receiver talent even back at LSU.
To me it’s the fact that people pretend that he came into Arrowhead and outdueled Mahomes and carried the Bengals to the Super Bowl.

In reality he did Jack shit that entire game and was in the process of getting obliterated like everyone else until Lou Anarumo made adjustments and the Chiefs inexplicably forgot how to play football.

He Mr. Magoo’d his way into a complete fluke win and now people act like he’s the Mahomes killer because of it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:03 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
To me it’s the fact that people pretend that he came into Arrowhead and outdueled Mahomes and carried the Bengals to the Super Bowl.

In reality he did Jack shit that entire game and was in the process of getting obliterated like everyone else until Lou Anarumo made adjustments and the Chiefs inexplicably forgot how to play football.

He Mr. Magoo’d his way into a complete fluke win and now people act like he’s the Mahomes killer because of it.
And that Chiefs defense wasn’t even good. The Bills shredded us the week before. Burrow was just kinda okay them.
[Reply]
jdubya 04:08 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Maxx Crosby is the most over rated player in the NFL. **** him. & **** the Raiders
:-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:42 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Lamar Jackson has 2 MVPs, I can't really call him overrated at that point, he's been a playoff choker but that isn't the same.
So was Peyton. But his defense helped carry him a couple times. Last years was LameArm’s best shot, cuz that defense was legit. But so was ours, and our quarterback has the killer instinct that LameArm lacks.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:47 PM 06-18-2024
Bosa (chargers)
[Reply]
Bump 08:16 PM 06-18-2024
always thought Jalen Ramsey was overrated AF.

and Orlando Brown Jr
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:27 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Bosa (chargers)
I'm not sure I've ever seen him play. I mostly see him in street clothes with some minor injury.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:33 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
Odell Beckham. He's not a bad player by any means but ever since he made that one handed catch that got him the Madden cover he has always been talked about as if he's the modern day Randy Moss. Dude hasn't been anything but a complimentary role player since leaving the Giants yet he he still gets headlines every off-season.
Maybe a few years ago.

I think last few years OBJ underrated. Not that's he is great but he did help the Rams win a SB recently and isn't totally washed up yet.

Just think the perception is so low that he's actually the opposite now.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:09 AM 06-19-2024
Fred Warner
[Reply]
Brody Wa 01:25 AM 06-20-2024
All MVP QBs who don’t win SBs are overrated.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up