ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Royals vs. Dodgers GDT - June 14***
Dartgod 04:16 PM 06-14-2024
Let's see if I can ride yesterday's mojo to another Royals win.

9:10 PM CDT Start

Cole Ragans LHP
4-4 3.08 ERA

vs.

Gavin Stone RHP
7-2 2.93 ERA
[Reply]
Pablo 10:40 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
The best baseball and football player on Earth play for KC
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:45 PM 06-14-2024
Royals put the bats away after they scored those 3 runs. I don't want to hear about great their offense is.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:46 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
You have to be trolling. We went toe to toe with one of the best teams in MLB in their park.
Yep, if our offense actually played in a couple of other innings the Royals would have won.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 11:10 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
We are indeed immensely blessed. Even if Shohei Ohtani is technically the world’s greatest baseball player, the fact that Witt is worthy of consideration and the claim isn’t outlandish is sufficient. And the obvious part, Mahomes is 1 of 1 on the gridiron.

What concurrent KC duo in history would be 2nd to Mahomes-Witt? George Brett-Tom Watson?
[Reply]
cmh6476 12:58 AM 06-15-2024
If bwj doesn't have his own thread yet, it's past due. We need a place to memorialize everything he is doing in the moment.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:55 AM 06-15-2024
The defense did not lose us the game. Sure, Vinnie needs to play better but the Royals still would’ve needed to score and that seemed like it wasn’t gonna happen again last night if the game had gone 15 innings. Also, the Ace of the staff carries higher expectations in certain circumstances. Ragans overall numbers were good but he was spotted a 3-0 lead and pissed it away by giving up HRs to Rojas (a pretty average player) and a .100 hitting, 0 home run having Chris Taylor. I promise you Ragans owned this one after the game.
[Reply]
nychief 07:50 AM 06-15-2024
The bullpen is major liability. Smith is washed.

There is on plus plus guy we can bring in during high leverage situations that I have complete confidence in.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:07 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Ragans overall numbers were good but he was spotted a 3-0 lead and pissed it away by giving up HRs to Rojas (a pretty average player) and a .100 hitting, 0 home run having Chris Taylor.
You're calling Rojas average? He's historically one of the worst hitting position players in baseball. He's basically in the majors for his glove.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:09 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
We are indeed immensely blessed. Even if Shohei Ohtani is technically the world’s greatest baseball player, the fact that Witt is worthy of consideration and the claim isn’t outlandish is sufficient. And the obvious part, Mahomes is 1 of 1 on the gridiron.

What concurrent KC duo in history would be 2nd to Mahomes-Witt? George Brett-Tom Watson?
Brett and DT played at the same time. Maybe them but I like your suggestion.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:10 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
You're calling Rojas average? He's historically one of the worst hitting position players in baseball. He's basically in the majors for his glove.
:-) I was trying to be nice.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:14 AM 06-15-2024
Brett and DT played at the same time. Maybe them but I like your suggestion.
It’s a very subjective deal. Maybe Brett and DT from a publicly loved perspective. But it’s hard to quantify based on “on the field” production. For instance, as great as Brett was, no one would argue he’s the GOAT. And Mahomes is already either there or at least in the conversation. As great as it seems BWJ is/will be, he’s got a ways to go to be compared to Tom Watson. Interesting topic with no “wrong” answer.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:03 AM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
The bullpen is major liability. Smith is washed.

There is on plus plus guy we can bring in during high leverage situations that I have complete confidence in.
In the past 2 months, Will Smith has given up 2 ERs. Yes, the first 2.5 weeks were pretty rough but he's been nails since then.
[Reply]
threebag 11:44 AM 06-15-2024
Blessed
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 04:39 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
If bwj doesn't have his own thread yet, it's past due. We need a place to memorialize everything he is doing in the moment.
*****The Bobby Witt Jr. Thread*****

[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up