ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>Nintendo Announces Switch Console
Gravedigger 10:27 AM 03-06-2017
The console itself is what the Wii U should've been. When its docked on the entertainment center, Zelda looks amazing on my 65" Samsung KS8000. The controller grip that came with the console is small, but comfortable in my hands. Everything is tiny with this console to where the biggest thing is the screen on the handheld itself. When the system is docked and playing on my television I notice it gets hotter than when playing it in handheld mode. In handheld mode its lightweight, and the screen is bright and the controls feel comfortable. If Nintendo knows one thing, its handheld comfort and performance. I think the amazing thing is playing a full fledged, open world zelda game that fits onto a tiny cartridge that you can play anywhere without any problems really what so ever.

The joycons are tiny, I wouldn't play zelda Wii style with one in each hand, the grip feels much more natural to me. I haven't tried the pro controller but I've grown accustomed without it so I'm fine for now. I don't have the charging grip, but I just leave the system in sleep mode while I'm asleep or playing the computer and it charges the joycons just fine. Not to mention the joycons are said to have 20 hours of battery life. You don't need to worry about the joycons, more so the battery on the tablet/system itself. The joycons have not de-synced during gameplay for me, but when I wake the system from time to time, twice now, I've had to hit the left and right triggers (which it tells you to do on screen) to re-sync them. Minor annoyance, but fixed in a second, if it did it during gameplay then we'd have a problem.

Zelda is amazing. You'll get a good laugh going to metacritic and reading the nonsense those trolls vomit out about this game, but they're wrong, plain and simple. If you're a cynical prick, then I could see you dicing up this game to find the smallest of transgressions and using them as a reason to give this game a subpar score, but if you take the time to engross yourself into the world, and just go exploring, you'll see how beautiful the game truly is. I'll give you two hints; you're going to die a good amount of times when you walk into areas with harder enemies, but the game is pretty forgiving about when it saves so you're never too far away from where you died. Also stay away from the center of the map, that's Hyrule castle, and it's swarming with Guardians who obliterate you if you don't dodge at the right time.

I've barely touched the story but I've got 9 hearts, hylian armor, and a bag full of lvl 30+ weapons after about 10 or so hours of just straight exploration. The greatest thing about this game so far for me is if you see two mountains in the distance, and you want to see what the world looks like from up there, then find a way around and start climbing, you'll get there eventually and be happy you did. In fact, I've climbed some of the tallest mountains in the game and seen a massive dragon flying in the distance next to the Hylian bridge. I don't know what that dragon is doing, but I aim to go find out next time I spot him. That's the beauty is the world full of intrigue and exploration. At the highest cliffs, you can see almost across the entire world, the draw distances are amazing. Also the shrines and towers you see in the distance are bright orange so you can see where you should go next to unlock more health, and more quick travel points. I can't wait to get home and play more of this game.

Oh and playing Zelda while dropping a deuce, is a lovely experience, I highly recommend it. Much more rewarding than a phone. :-)
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:13 PM 03-05-2017
Maybe I'm being picky but anti-aliasing would be nice. Nintendo should release their games to PC. Graphics are underwhelming for me.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:02 PM 03-06-2017
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Maybe I'm being picky but anti-aliasing would be nice. Nintendo should release their games to PC. Graphics are underwhelming for me.
Good news,

They already have BoTW booting and 'playable' on CEMU (major game breaking bugs still)

they say 2-4 months for a full on ready game, community is hoping for HD reworks (see 4k textures/full AA) etc by christmas.

Ill be just fine with a playable game~
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:26 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
graphics mean shit if the game isnt fun. Fun>Graphics anyday. That being Said Zelda looks fucking amazing and im off to play some more. Im not even doign the storyline, just fucking exploring. The world is so massive.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:18 PM 03-06-2017
After playing BotW I totally want a 3D Mario open world RPG set in the Mushroom Kingdom....hoping Odyssey will be that or close to it.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:13 PM 03-06-2017
Is the gamepad comfortable? The right thumbstick looks like it may be a little awkward.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:15 PM 03-06-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Is the gamepad comfortable? The right thumbstick looks like it may be a little awkward.
It is for me, nothing feels out of the ordinary and the screen is awesome!! Completely comfortable playing BotW...
[Reply]
dmahurin 02:47 PM 03-07-2017
Breathe of the Wild is absolutely amazing. It has the potential to be better than Ocarina. I never thought a game would come close to touching OoT.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 09:10 PM 03-12-2017
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
Breathe of the Wild is absolutely amazing. It has the potential to be better than Ocarina. I never thought a game would come close to touching OoT.
Oot was one of my favorite games ever, and BoW is in another stratosphere. I'm playing it on the Wii U and it's simply outstanding, a true adventure in every way. I'm seriously considering turning off the hud and just getting lost. About 20 hours in currently.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:57 PM 03-07-2017
Regarding BotW.....so I'm only about 6 hrs. in as I'm playing slowly and methodically to take it all in...it's crazy how much it feels like I've done and seen already and I've barely dented the Great Plateau, let alone the entire game lol...

It's almost too daunting but in such a good way....the scope of this game continues to amaze me every time I pick it up. Something or someone new around every corner, this game has enveloped me like almost nothing before.

I can't even begin to imagine what I'll see and find as I put more hours in....
[Reply]
Jerm 03:11 PM 03-12-2017
This console and more importantly, Nintendo again, have taken over my gaming life.

The Switch is so well done and I'm obsessed with Zelda...Shovel Knight on the Switch is the best it's ever been and Snipperclips is a blast to play with my wife, daughter, and other family.

Binding of Isaac drops this week and I CANNOT wait to jump back into it..MK8 Deluxe is right around the corner too.

I haven't touched Horizon in days....Persona and Mass Effect, etc. are hitting soon....and I could really care less.

The Nintendo rabbit hole has captured me yet again.....
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:34 AM 06-02-2017
Well, I shit on this console for so long, then I finally got to try it. It's pretty great! I purchased one, and never realized that I needed Zelda, Mario Kart, and Puyo Puyo Tetris in bed! Build quality seems really good.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:44 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Well, I shit on this console for so long, then I finally got to try it. It's pretty great! I purchased one, and never realized that I needed Zelda, Mario Kart, and Puyo Puyo Tetris in bed! Build quality seems really good.
I'd say build quality is good considering they dropped one 1000 feet, and it survived unscathed and fully working except one joycon.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/31/15...itch-drop-test

Word of caution though. Apparently some have been reporting docks that are slightly warped, probably due to rush to get new stock out for sale. The problem lies in people who would shove the unit in to the dock and scraping or scratching up around the screen area.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:04 AM 09-16-2019
Had to bump this thread because goddamn.....I love this system.

I'm getting close to going Switch only route...I just don't have the time and the Switch fits my at home life so much better than either other console. I'm in love with it. I know I'd be missing out on games but I do already now and honestly, Nintendo's first/second party is the one I care about the most.

I'm enjoying Borderlands 3 and can't wait for Shadowkeep but beyond that if I'm being honest, there isn't much on the horizon that excites me much that isn't on Switch.

I already have such a backlog on this system alone...I'd be plenty busy lol.

In the Nintendo pantheon, NES is still my fav. but it's my def. #2 and by the end of it's lifetime it might very well be #1....

Just the perfect console for me at the perfect time...kept me in gaming in a lot of ways.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:06 AM 09-16-2019
Super Nintendo games were just recently released and Link's Awakening remake launches on Friday!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up