ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Le' Veon take over as RB1?
SuperBowl4 07:23 PM 10-26-2020
After that 36 yard game! Hell yes! Cut Clyde and let's go all in with bell! GTFO
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:31 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
After that 36 yard game! Hell yes! Cut Clyde and let's go all in with bell! GTFO
:-)
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 07:34 PM 10-26-2020
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:52 PM 10-26-2020
Looks like RGR has about the same sentiments about Bell and CEH:

Around the 26:15 minute mark.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:55 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Looks like RGR has about the same sentiments about Bell and CEH:

Around the 26:15 minute mark.

Bell is not starting this week. Have you guys even seen CEH play?
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:58 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Bell is not starting this week. Have you guys even seen CEH play?
Did he say this week? I thought he said something like a couple weeks. And I thought that was a little early.

I don't think there's a way he could start this week. He's only had the playbook for what, 8-9 days? But Bell will get the ball at least twice as many times as he did this week. And he'll get a few targets as well.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:41 PM 10-26-2020
CEH is on track for 1696 total scrimmage yards this season- Lets get rid of him!!

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...-yards-week-7/
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:46 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
CEH is on track for 1696 total scrimmage yards this season- Lets get rid of him!!

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...-yards-week-7/
Thx, I needed that. Knew I could count on someone around here to respond by going completely off the rails!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:00 PM 10-26-2020
I'd be REALLY surprised if Bell is the starter at any point this season.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:55 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'd be REALLY surprised if Bell is the starter at any point this season.
So would I.

It is interesting to think about though.

For instance, I could see it happening maybe if we had the division wrapped up and the first or second seed, say around week 13-14 or 15? Lighten Clyde's load for about three weeks to a month before the playoffs? I mean, if we get to the SB, CEH will have to play 7 more games than he's every played in one season.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:56 PM 10-26-2020
So would I.

It is interesting to think about though.

For instance, I could see it happening maybe if we had the division wrapped up and the first or second seed, say around week 13-14 or 15? Lighten Clyde's load for about three weeks to a month before the playoffs? I mean, if we get to the SB, CEH will have to play 7 more games than he's every played in one season.
You saw what happened to the Ravens when they rested their players for 3 weeks?? Yea I don’t want that
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:04 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
You saw what happened to the Ravens when they rested their players for 3 weeks?? Yea I don’t want that
What are you talking about? I'm not talking about benching CEH at all. I'm talking about letting Bell take the bulk of those snaps in each game down the stretch. Let Bell take the hits and the abuse. Call the split 60-40 or so in favor of Bell for about 3-4 weeks. CEH would still play in those games, just not 20 carries/game. More like 10 carries/game. Call it a working vacation. Let his body heal right before the playoffs.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:06 PM 10-26-2020
What are you talking about? I'm not talking about benching CEH at all. I'm talking about letting Bell take the bulk of those snaps in each game down the stretch. Let Bell take the hits and the abuse. Call the split 60-40 or so in favor of Bell for about 3-4 weeks. CEH would still play in those games, just not 20 carries/game. More like 10 carries/game. Call it a working vacation. Let his body heal right before the playoffs.
Oh I agree with that. Thought you meant not playing him at all lol. I’d still give him 20 plus carries if the #1 seed is still in play
[Reply]
Brooklyn 06:43 AM 10-27-2020
Why does everyone assume Bell is gone next year? He’s gonna win a Super Bowl, feel the vibe on the locker room that Andy/Veach/Mahomes/Badger create, and want to run it back. Yes, he’ll want to get paid, but we’ve got CEH on a rookie deal, Damien is sort of up in the air so there should be some decent bucks available. That Jets contract was the big one he’s gonna get so from here on out it’ll be him choosing from decent dead for an above average player, but no longer can he expect long term, superstar money. It just doesn’t really happen at the position, especially on 3rd contracts. He isn’t getting CMC or Dalvin Cool money. So he can take a Gurley-like deal and play with the Falcons, or run it back with the Chiefs. I see McCoy in Tampa as the perfect comparison, but Bell is obviously younger and better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Brooklyn:
Why does everyone assume Bell is gone next year? He’s gonna win a Super Bowl, feel the vibe on the locker room that Andy/Veach/Mahomes/Badger create, and want to run it back. Yes, he’ll want to get paid, but we’ve got CEH on a rookie deal, Damien is sort of up in the air so there should be some decent bucks available. That Jets contract was the big one he’s gonna get so from here on out it’ll be him choosing from decent dead for an above average player, but no longer can he expect long term, superstar money. It just doesn’t really happen at the position, especially on 3rd contracts. He isn’t getting CMC or Dalvin Cool money. So he can take a Gurley-like deal and play with the Falcons, or run it back with the Chiefs. I see McCoy in Tampa as the perfect comparison, but Bell is obviously younger and better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damien Williiams isn't up in the air. He's under contract for next year and it's already accounted for against the 2021 cap. It's the last year of his deal.

Unless Bell is going to take another incentive laden deal (and I don't think there's any chance he does) he won't be back. The Chiefs won't have any wiggle room under the cap next year.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up