ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 696 of 3903
« First < 196596646686692693694695696 69769869970070674679611961696 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ptlyon 01:32 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Originally Posted by Monticore:

I wouldn't trust any of these individual trials as most have proven to have a lot of holes, but I am sure the right people are looking into it there is a reason it takes years to get drugs approved and not 2 months.

There are currently no approved treatments or vaccines for COVID-19
So was the letter true or not?
[Reply]
Monticore 01:34 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
But don't forget that these aren't new drugs. We already know the sides and they are already in production. All we need is confirmation of effectiveness.
this combination of drugs still has risks and giving them without the proof they actually help could be considered bad medicine.

I have seen some where only some get better , some still die maybe they might have lived without getting the meds or maybe some would have gotten better by themselves.

maybe it is just me but it takes me 6 months of research to decide what my next pair of shoes will be.
[Reply]
TLO 01:34 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
do you think at any point he poked her with a stick?
Stop quoting this asshat.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:35 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
can't read it work blocks some stuff out.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:38 PM 03-24-2020
https://www.forbes.com/sites/marybet.../#5b0bfcf95b84

looks like the world is waking up to the drug Administration talked about
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:41 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
If you want to engage me again on this matter, please go to DC, and I will correct you on what data you think is wrong. Thanks.

And for the record for those not familiar with Marcellus' inability to admit being wrong, he still thinks a certain leader did not withhold aid from a country, because he eventually released said aid. Even when presented with a quote from said leader acknowledging that he withheld aid, Marcellus refuses to admit his error.

I'm giving that before any of you not familiar with him decide to waste your time.
You are literally a dishonest douchebag. You cant dispute my data so you resort to lies like this. Fuck off.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:43 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:

I wouldn't trust any of these individual trials as most have proven to have a lot of holes, but I am sure the right people are looking into it there is a reason it takes years to get drugs approved and not 2 months.

There are currently no approved treatments or vaccines for COVID-19
Actually no one gives a shit about the FDA considering their slow response time on most things.

Other countries are using this including us now

[Reply]
Monticore 01:43 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
had a quick read sure it could be true but another doctor might have d completely different results but those doctors are less likely to publish those.

also I don't think the average age is fifteen years old. I assume a typo
[Reply]
Mecca 01:45 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Stop quoting this asshat.
Am I the asshat or is he the asshat? I was just making bad jokes as it keeps me sane in the situation.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:46 PM 03-24-2020
“Despite the limitations of this study, in the absence of any effective treatment, in this urgent situation, this Plaquenil and Azithromycin combination therapy should be given to patients with COVID-19 as a treatment option,” Ying Zhang, a professor of microbiology at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, wrote in an email. “For now, there is no time to wait.”
[Reply]
TLO 01:46 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Am I the asshat or is he the asshat? I was just making bad jokes as it keeps me sane in the situation.
He is. Well you both kind of are. But mostly him.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:52 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Actually no one gives a shit about the FDA considering their slow response time on most things.

Other countries are using this including us now

Some doctors might not want to prescribe it without approval for legal and litigious reasons .

"In the meantime, scientists said larger, more rigorous studies must be launched to answer questions of efficacy, dosing, duration, and potential adverse drug interactions — for this and other COVID treatments" from the link
[Reply]
SupDock 02:04 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
“Despite the limitations of this study, in the absence of any effective treatment, in this urgent situation, this Plaquenil and Azithromycin combination therapy should be given to patients with COVID-19 as a treatment option,” Ying Zhang, a professor of microbiology at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, wrote in an email. “For now, there is no time to wait.”
This is much different than treating every outpatient case with consistent symptoms with these meds.

I am all for trying this on hospitalized patients.

The above linked letter doesn't specify if the patients he treated were Covid-19 positive or not, or if they were even tested. As a reminder, the majority of patients with these symptoms do well and get better on their own.

This is why double blinded, randomized studies are needed to prove efficacy.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:08 PM 03-24-2020
just had a quick chat with ER doc and she seemed to think the studies coming out are still a bit weak , in the early stages it can be hard if is unilateral presenting pneumonias whether they are bacterial or viral and some are presenting with other viral loads on top of covid like influenza and RSV.

I am sure there a lot more factors as well before you can just label something as a cure.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:12 PM 03-24-2020
Gun stores ordered shut in LA...

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...4-20-intl-hnk/

Originally Posted by :
Gun stores in Los Angeles have been declared a nonessential business and have been forced to close, L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said in a statement Tuesday.

Villanueva also announced the department will add 1,300 deputies to beef up patrols.

"There are hundreds of businesses which, through no fault of their own, do not fall under the Governor’s definition of critical infrastructure," the sheriff said. "As a result, I have instructed my deputies to enforce closures of businesses which have disregarded the Governor’s order (gun stores, strip clubs, and other non-designated businesses)."

This directive comes after reports that gun stores in Los Angeles have seen an increase in sales due to coronavirus concerns.

[Reply]
Page 696 of 3903
« First < 196596646686692693694695696 69769869970070674679611961696 > Last »
Up