ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 694 of 3903
« First < 194594644684690691692693694 69569669769870474479411941694 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 12:12 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
In viral terms, probably early January. If this was in China end of November and they didn't know about it til Late December early jan, well I'm guessing it's been out for a while.
Most likely. Our first confirmed case was in the middle of January.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:14 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That should kill all the comparisons. Thanks for sharing.
Except a lot of the data is flat out wrong. I am not going to turn this into another pissing match but that article is full of shit starting with this.

Originally Posted by :
If we experience the same trend with COVID-19, we would have 23,862,575 cases in the beginning of May 2021. With an estimated case fatality rate of 2.3%, that would give 548,839 fatalities worldwide.
And this -

Try going to these 2 links which are CDC websites and you will see the problems with the numbers in the article.

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/qa.htm

and here

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-timeline.html

Notice the difference in timeline?

Originally Posted by :
June 25
CDC estimated at least 1 million cases of 2009 H1N1 influenza had occurred in the United States.
Donger don't ever give me shit about using info from shitty websites or stories ever again.
[Reply]
O.city 12:15 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Most likely. Our first confirmed case was in the middle of January.
That's why some of the "flying blind" stuff makes sense to me. We need to start serological testing to see who's had it and recovered. If we find that number is pretty high, it's likely we're a lot farther along in this than we thought.

Kinda like with H1N1 we didn't know that many people had gotten it til afterwards when we starting finding "oh shit, this person has antibodies to this, what the hell".
[Reply]
TLO 12:17 PM 03-24-2020
I think this might be a media thing to get younger people to take this more seriously, but I'm really getting tired of these stories that can be summarized like this.

"37 year old fitness instructor gets coronavirus. Has cough and fever for a week. "I felt like shit" - says woman. "We need to be social distancing!"
[Reply]
Donger 12:18 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Except a lot of the data is flat out wrong. I am not going to turn this into another pissing match but that article is full of shit starting with this.

And this -

Try going to these 2 links which are CDC websites and you will see the problems with the numbers in the article.

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/qa.htm

and here

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-timeline.html

Notice the difference in timeline?

Donger don't ever give me shit about using info from shitty websites or stories ever again.
I have no desire to engage in proving you wrong again here. If you want to engage me again on this matter, please go to DC, and I will correct you on what data you think is wrong. Thanks.
[Reply]
O.city 12:19 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think this might be a media thing to get younger people to take this more seriously, but I'm really getting tired of these stories that can be summarized like this.

"37 year old fitness instructor gets coronavirus. Has cough and fever for a week. "I felt like shit" - says woman. "We need to be social distancing!"
I'm 32 and pretty active. I eat right, ride my bike a lot etc.

I had a dry cough, fever and the worst body chills of my life in mid February for 9 days.

I'm skeptical that was the flu.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:26 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I have no desire to engage in proving you wrong again here. If you want to engage me again on this matter, please go to DC, and I will correct you on what data you think is wrong. Thanks.
I think posters should be aware when you post articles that inaccurate Donger and that article is way the hell inaccurate.

Feel free to PM me with evidence that links I provided and that data is incorrect.
[Reply]
TLO 12:27 PM 03-24-2020

I had a dry cough, fever and the worst body chills of my life in mid February for 9 days.

My Mom thinks she had it. Had a low grade fever, body aches, coughing, and lost her sense of smell and taste for 10 days. She had never lost her sense of smell or taste before in her life.

It makes you wonder.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:29 PM 03-24-2020

My girlfriend has COVID symptoms in early to mid February. I almost took her to the hospital for pneumonia. Took her a couple of weeks to start feeling better.
[Reply]
Donger 12:30 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I think posters should be aware when you post articles that inaccurate Donger and that article is way the hell inaccurate.

Feel free to PM me with evidence that links I provided and that data is incorrect.
If you want to engage me again on this matter, please go to DC, and I will correct you on what data you think is wrong. Thanks.

And for the record for those not familiar with Marcellus' inability to admit being wrong, he still thinks a certain leader did not withhold aid from a country, because he eventually released said aid. Even when presented with a quote from said leader acknowledging that he withheld aid, Marcellus refuses to admit his error.

I'm giving that before any of you not familiar with him decide to waste your time.
[Reply]
TLO 12:34 PM 03-24-2020

My Mom thinks she had it. Had a low grade fever, body aches, coughing, and lost her sense of smell and taste for 10 days. She had never lost her sense of smell or taste before in her life.

It makes you wonder.
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
My girlfriend has COVID symptoms in early to mid February. I almost took her to the hospital for pneumonia. Took her a couple of weeks to start feeling better.
I wish we had the test readily available to tell. It would ease a lot of people's worries - and allow many people to go back to work.

Influenza A was knocking people around pretty good for a couple of months though.
[Reply]
TLO 12:36 PM 03-24-2020
So I don't want to make this political whatsoever, but a certain high ranking political figure in our country wants things to put people back to work around Easter.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:40 PM 03-24-2020
So I don't want to make this political whatsoever, but a certain high ranking political figure in our country wants things to put people back to work around Easter.
I like the goal but hate the concept of setting a date certain. We have no idea if the steps taken to date are working. But I do think talking about this possibility is a good thing (as I said from the beginning they should have just turned off the country for two months when this first hit Seattle and NY in a meaningful way).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:44 PM 03-24-2020
"I would love to have the country opened up....by Easter."

So would I. So would everyone else.

This is no sort of referendum on anything.

Bottom line is that he can't do it anyway. These are state/local orders that he has no ability to roll back.

It's not a date certain. It's not a deadline. It's not...anything.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:47 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"I would love to have the country opened up....by Easter."

So would I. So would everyone else.

This is no sort of referendum on anything.

Bottom line is that he can't do it anyway. These are state/local orders that he has no ability to roll back.

It's not a date certain. It's not a deadline. It's not...anything.
Yep.
[Reply]
Page 694 of 3903
« First < 194594644684690691692693694 69569669769870474479411941694 > Last »
Up