ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 163
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
seclark 11:45 AM 10-24-2011
outside our basement patio door.
sec
[Reply]
tooge 11:58 AM 10-24-2011
I took my 9 yo son out to a two man ladder stand this weekend. He had his little starter compound bow that would probably just piss off a deer with it's 20 lb draw or so. Watching him look at me after we'd hear something, grinning ear to ear, was priceless. Didn't see much other than a few squirrels but they weren't close enough for him.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 02:08 PM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by tooge:
I took my 9 yo son out to a two man ladder stand this weekend. He had his little starter compound bow that would probably just piss off a deer with it's 20 lb draw or so. Watching him look at me after we'd hear something, grinning ear to ear, was priceless. Didn't see much other than a few squirrels but they weren't close enough for him.
20lb draw is legal?
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:17 PM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
20lb draw is legal?
You're worried about the draw weight and not the fact that it's a 9 year old? :-). 40 lbs is needed for deer.

I'm sure the kid wasn't planning on shooting the deer. Maybe a squirrel or something.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:23 AM 10-27-2011
It's cold out, the wind's been blowing, and the bucks are finally rutting. Just not near my stand. Fuckers.
[Reply]
WV 09:34 AM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by tooge:
Get that boy a crossbow!
[Reply]
tooge 10:03 AM 10-27-2011
He was hoping to shoot a squirrel. It took me till I was 18yo to get my first deer although I was in the woods when I was 10, so he'll figure it out. I don't want to give him a crowwbow cuz its too mucho of a crutch. I'd just as soon he get his lumps on a regular bow.
[Reply]
boogblaster 10:55 AM 10-27-2011
seen afew nice bucks but nuttin real big ....
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:35 AM 10-28-2011
My brother shot a very nice buck around 8 this morning. We found it around 9:30...13 point will probably score 180-185".

By 9:30am, the entire ass of the deer was gone. I'm assuming Coyotes, but holy crap I couldn't believe how much was gone in an hour, that time of day.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:37 AM 10-28-2011
Anyone heard of blue tongue disease? Apparently it's killing deer like crazy in this area. They get it, head for the water hole and stack up dead there. 1 guy found 27 dead by his dugout.

I guess i'm done shooting does for the year.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:43 AM 10-28-2011
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Anyone heard of blue tongue disease? Apparently it's killing deer like crazy in this area. They get it, head for the water hole and stack up dead there. 1 guy found 27 dead by his dugout.

I guess i'm done shooting does for the year.
We had a big outbreak in Nebraska in 2000. It's like Chronic Waste disease as I understand it, and it's from overpopulation. 27 dead...damn. Never seen that before. What area is this?
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:43 AM 10-28-2011
We had something come through a few years ago that killed alot of deer that people called blue tongue. I think it's a sheep disease. Some kind of black flies that hang out near water, or gnat or something bites them, spreads the disease. Their tongues swell and they can't drink so you find piles of them near water.

It killed some really big deer in this area a few years ago...Keep that shit to yourself, we don't need it again.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:44 AM 10-28-2011
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
My brother shot a very nice buck around 8 this morning. We found it around 9:30...13 point will probably score 180-185".

By 9:30am, the entire ass of the deer was gone. I'm assuming Coyotes, but holy crap I couldn't believe how much was gone in an hour, that time of day.
Obligatory worthless without pics...:-)

That DOES suck. I've never heard of them getting eaten that quickly either, especially in the morning. Usually the coyotes do their thing at night don't they?
[Reply]
Fish 09:47 AM 10-28-2011
Actually, it's the fever that makes them go to a water hole. They get in the water to try and cool themselves down, and end up going in to shock and dying.

I've never seen it, but I've heard of it happening farther up north.

It's not possible for humans to get it though.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:53 AM 10-28-2011
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
We had a big outbreak in Nebraska in 2000. It's like Chronic Waste disease as I understand it, and it's from overpopulation. 27 dead...damn. Never seen that before. What area is this?
I read on keloland.com something about a disease in NoDak and Montana that was wiping out deer, but I'm in Southeast South Dakota and apparently it's here too.

I mailed a tiny piece of infected deer flesh to Iowanian. Feel free to spread it around!
[Reply]
Page 69 of 163
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119 > Last »
Up