ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 244
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Bills take the AFC this seasom
JustDíqLix 05:53 PM 08-21-2023
Are you ready for some football!?

I know I am!

With that, I am here to make a proclamation!

The mighty Bills from Buffalo will take the AFC this year.

For two decades I watched people say the Patriots window was closed, that their time was dwindling, that it was all over… seemingly every time those predictions happened, the Patriots went and won another Super Bowl.

A lot of doom talk simply because we lost to the Bengals in the playoffs. Let us not forget that the Bills watched their brother DIE on the field just a few weeks prior. Their heart was simply not in it. If it had been, the Bills would have captured the AFC last year.

The Bills have won 2 of their last 3 in Arrowhead and they’re ready to make it 3 of the last 4.

Let’s go mighty Buffalo Bills! 🦬 🦬 🦬
[Reply]
DRM08 12:28 PM 09-23-2023
Originally Posted by JustDiqLix:

Put Allen on KC and the Chiefs win 2 of the last 4 Super Bowl’s, just the same.
I disagree, it’s not a plug and play situation in Kansas City. Josh Allen has not shown an ability to pull off large comebacks, which has been a critical element in both of KC’s championship seasons. Mahomes has the strongest win percentage by a long shot when trailing by double digits. Tom Brady is a distant 2nd place on the list.

In the playoffs for the 2019 season, Josh Allen had a big lead on the same Houston Texans team that had a 24-0 lead on the Chiefs. Safe to say Allen would not have pulled off that comeback when he choked massively against that same Houston team. I also don’t think he would have pulled off the double digit comebacks against Tennessee, San Francisco, or Philadelphia.

Andy Reid had a history of choking before Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous to suggest that Mahomes is just a product of the system. Those comeback wins are not because of Andy Reid.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:26 PM 09-23-2023
Fyi, this can be disturbing to people with sensory issues and shouldn’t be posted.
And he wonders why we like Rfaulk better??
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:37 PM 09-23-2023

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 02:36 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I disagree, it’s not a plug and play situation in Kansas City. Josh Allen has not shown an ability to pull off large comebacks.
Allen has 15 game-winning drives in 79 games.

Mahomes has 14 game-winning drives in 82 games.

Allen has 11 comebacks in 79 games.

Mahomes has 13 comebacks in 82 games.

It’s closer than you think.

I guess you can say that Allen doesn’t have a huge 20+ point down comeback. But part of that is Allen is rarely ever down that much. Bills have been down by 20+ points only two times since Allen broke out. He rarely ever lets it get to that point.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:51 PM 09-24-2023

I guess you can say that Allen doesn’t have a huge 20+ point down comeback. But part of that is Allen is rarely ever down that much. Bills have been down by 20+ points only two times since Allen broke out. He rarely ever lets it get to that point.
Lucky both teams have the QBs they have then.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:55 PM 09-24-2023

What is his record when trailing by double digits? Just curious. And for what it's worth, Mahomes has rarely trailed in general throughout his career. That's why he doesn't have very many comeback wins. The dude wins 80% of his games and the vast majority of them feature KC with the lead after 3 quarters.

"Bills have been down by 20+ points only two times since Allen broke out. He rarely ever lets it get to that point."

Shit happens sometimes and the QB doesn't have control. The Chiefs were down 24-0 in a playoff game and exactly 0% of it was Mahomes' fault.

1. Blown coverage by the KC defense, easy TD for Deshaun Watson.

2. Perfect pass to Kelce, dropped on 3rd down by Travis. Next play is a blocked punt for a Houston touchdown.

3. Tyreek Hill fumbled a punt at the Chiefs 5 yard line, which setup another Houston touchdown.

Everything that could possibly go in Houston's favor in terms of fluky bullshit was happening in the first quarter of that game. Mahomes had nothing to do with the 24-0 score. He was throwing accurate passes and the guys kept dropping it. You saw what eventually happened. KC ultimately dominated the game.
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 03:02 PM 09-24-2023

Maybe that's because Allen has had much better defenses than Mahomes has had and still hasn't been able to get the job done.

Now shut up the champs are playing
[Reply]
DRM08 03:05 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by mschiefs1984:
Maybe that's because Allen has had much better defenses than Mahomes has had and still hasn't been able to get the job done.

Now shut up the champs are playing
Yep, Mahomes has had a questionable defense backing him his entire career. Buffalo fans whine about their defense, which is hilarious. I think Buffalo's defense has struggled at times in the Playoffs, but for the most part they have been REALLY good in the regular season.
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 03:06 PM 09-24-2023
Yep, Mahomes has had a questionable defense backing him his entire career. Buffalo fans whine about their defense, which is hilarious. I think Buffalo's defense has struggled at times in the Playoffs, but for the most part they have been REALLY good in the regular season.
Part of the reason the Bill defense has struggled in the post season is named Patrick Mahomes
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:07 PM 09-24-2023
Lmao at thinking Josh Allen is smart enough to run this offense
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 03:07 PM 09-24-2023
What is his record when trailing by double digits? Just curious. And for what it's worth, Mahomes has rarely trailed in general throughout his career. That's why he doesn't have very many comeback wins. The dude wins 80% of his games and the vast majority of them feature KC with the lead after 3 quarters.

"Bills have been down by 20+ points only two times since Allen broke out. He rarely ever lets it get to that point."

Shit happens sometimes and the QB doesn't have control. The Chiefs were down 24-0 in a playoff game and exactly 0% of it was Mahomes' fault.

1. Blown coverage by the KC defense, easy TD for Deshaun Watson.

2. Perfect pass to Kelce, dropped on 3rd down by Travis. Next play is a blocked punt for a Houston touchdown.

3. Tyreek Hill fumbled a punt at the Chiefs 5 yard line, which setup another Houston touchdown.

Everything that could possibly go in Houston's favor in terms of fluky bullshit was happening in the first quarter of that game. Mahomes had nothing to do with the 24-0 score. He was throwing accurate passes and the guys kept dropping it. You saw what eventually happened. KC ultimately dominated the game.
If your argument is that Mahomes is better than Allen, then we agree.

Mahomes IS better than Allen.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:08 PM 09-24-2023
Originally Posted by mschiefs1984:
Part of the reason the Bill defense has struggled in the post season is named Patrick Mahomes
And Reid, Kelce, Tyreek...it's tough to stop that offense especially when Tyreek was still there. Philly was supposed to have a great defense and got torched as well. They dominated a lot of other teams last year and it didn't matter in the Super Bowl.

The Bengals are the only team who has consistently shown a really strong ability to slow down the Chiefs offense in previous years. With that in mind, I think Cincy might have the best DC in the league.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:09 PM 09-24-2023

We know.
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 09-24-2023, 03:10 PM
This message has been deleted by mschiefs1984. Reason: wrong thread
DRM08 03:13 PM 09-24-2023

That's not really the point I was making, haha.

Just saying stats can be misleading. Niners game last year is an example. Mahomes got no credit for a 4th quarter comeback or game-winning drive, but they were down 10 points on the road in that game...and utterly dominated the rest of the game. It's still another 10-point comeback for him. I can think of a lot of teams that would have folded in that situation.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 03:23 PM 09-24-2023

Mahomes is much better than Allen. Allen is a good QB, but Mahomes is already being discussed as possibly the best ever.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 244
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up