ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 108
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
O.city 08:59 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Tomlinson would be a nice replacement for Jones going forward. Not nearly the same caliber player but one of those 'solid' and cost-effective replacements we're looking for.

You'd have him for this year and next at a 2nd rounders contract, so a relative pittance. Is that worth a 4th? Probably - he's a nice player. Not sure I'd go beyond that though.
Yeah, that's what you need in there.

Lets do that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:59 AM 10-29-2019
Guys we did a complete overhaul of the defense from the top down in the offseason.

It was going to take a while for it to come together. It's not Madden, you don't just change everything and roll with no adjustment period.

I think the defense is improving, despite massive injuries. If we get Jones and Clark (and now Okafor) back, look out.

The offensive line problems have been a HUGE issue. Mahomes out is a HUGE issue. Complaining that we're 5-3 with all these injuries (and Mahomes hobbled since week one) is nuts.

There's nothing you can do when the injury bug hits like this. You try to weather the storm, but hindsight isn't helpful, and complaining about results isn't either.

If this team gets relatively healthy, then yeah, it is the Superbowl contender we all thought it was.

If it gets healthy, the defense is going to continue to get better. Mahomes will be Mahomes. It's an excellent squad.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:02 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Okafor's looking pretty not great (by some measures he's been among the worst DEs in the league this year). And Lee, while low cost, seems to have been overly relied upon. He may not have cost much to acquire, but he also seems to have been Veach's answer to the Will position and that's damning in its own way.

And the lack of depth on the OL or serious efforts to replace Morse isn't something you hand-waive either.

Veach had, at best, a middling off-season and because of that he finds his hands largely tied at the deadline, IMO.
See I can’t agree with this. I understand that Veach missed on some low risk/low cost guys like Darron Lee, but you have to keep in mind that this is year 1 in a 4-3 with new personnel. Can’t fix it all next year.

We are 5th in sacks and 17th in PPG. That’s an improvement over last year. And yeah the major thing is the LB’s are still bad, but if they can get a couple of additions there next year, our defense will be above average.

Not getting the Okafor hate either. He’s been a solid rotational vet that’s on pace for 6 sacks. That’s pretty much living up to his billing IMO. He’s only making 30% of what Clark is making.

Again, we are seeing good early returns from Hardman, Thornhill, Saunders and Rankin plus the Ogbah trade has been a big hit.

I think if we have more offseasons like this one (minus the big Clark trade), we’ll be just fine.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 09:03 AM 10-29-2019
I’d be in for the big run stuffer Dalvin Tomlinson!
[Reply]
staylor26 09:04 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
See I can’t agree with this. I understand that Veach missed on some low risk/low cost guys like Darron Lee, but you have to keep in mind that this is year 1 in a 4-3 with new personnel. Can’t fix it all next year.

We are 5th in sacks and 17th in PPG. That’s an improvement over last year. And yeah the major thing is the LB’s are still bad, but if they can get a couple of additions there next year, our defense will be above average.

Not getting the Okafor hate either. He’s been a solid rotational vet that’s on pace for 6 sacks. That’s pretty much living up to his billing IMO. He’s only making 30% of what Clark is making.

Again, we’ve are seeing good early returns from Hardman, Thornhill, Saunders and Rankin plus the Ogbah trade has been a big hit.

I think if we have more offseasons like this one (minus the big Clark trade), we’ll be just fine.
This.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:05 AM 10-29-2019
Get it done VEACH!!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:08 AM 10-29-2019
Eagles have 9 picks in 2020...

They can have Harris straight up for their R2 or their R3 and R5 from NE.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:12 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Is this just wishful thinking or are their rumors out there for Tomlinson?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:13 AM 10-29-2019
The Lions want similar compensation for Slay that the Rams gave up for Ramsey. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 09:14 AM 10-29-2019

From @gmfb: The #Lions’ asking price for CB Darius Slay has remained incredibly high so I don’t see him getting traded today, nor has there been any indication #Giants CB Janoris Jenkins is on the move. #NFLTradeDeadline #AsOfRightNow pic.twitter.com/7mMEPkvAaP

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) October 29, 2019

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Lions have told teams that compensation for CB Darius Slay has to be similar to what the Rams gave up for CB Jalen Ramsey.

Yea mark him off the list.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:16 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Is this just wishful thinking or are their rumors out there for Tomlinson?
With the acquisition of Williams it’s more likely that they want to move on from him. I would trade a third for him. Not much of a pass rusher but an elite run defender
[Reply]
Mecca 09:17 AM 10-29-2019
Apparently the Broncos are not motivated to move Harris and won't do it for anything less than a 2.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:17 AM 10-29-2019
I really don’t think we’d have as much concern over the Clark deal if he were healthy. I don’t think he has been for awhile. Still our best DE though.

Hopefully he can get there soon so that he’s playing at peak levels when it matters most.
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 10-29-2019
See to me, that's so stupid.

He's leaving after the year and you'll get a 3rd maybe comp pick in 2 years or just get a 3 this year.
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I really don’t think we’d have as much concern over the Clark deal if he were healthy. I don’t think he has been for awhile. Still our best DE though.

Hopefully he can get there soon so that he’s playing at peak levels when it matters most.
If it's a neck thing, I hope it's not a disc issue. That wouldn't be good and he could be out a while.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 108
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Up