ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 70
« First < 19596566676869 70 >
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
Frazod 09:08 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
As explained at the link below (which doesn't have the inset of the movie so it isn't as good IMHO), she is a Mormon and was away on her missionary thing which they do for six months or a year or whatever.

And maybe she is acting, but if she is, she's a helluva actress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_mwkCJwsm8&t=93s
That makes sense. And her reaction seemed genuine to me. I'm still kind of in awe of how great the end of that movie is. I've probably watched it a hundred times.
[Reply]
notorious 09:15 PM 06-11-2017
Yeah, this movie is still ****ing awesome.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 01:06 AM 06-12-2017
It's interesting that the reaction to Vader in this movie wasn't lessened by George Lucas' portrayal of Anakin Skywalker as a petulant teenager.
I'm sure older folks associate him as a 7 foot tall guy wearing a cool mask, voiced by James Earl Jones. But the kids still like him, (midichlorians and all).
Here's a 15 minute video of fan reaction to Vader in the teaser. I don't suggest watching all of it, but, I'm still perplexed to the fan reaction to "Dark" Vader. It's as though people ignore the prequels.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:35 AM 06-12-2017
Cute girl completely loses her mind over the ending of Rogue One.

I was amused, so whatever.

That was awesome. I hope the Disney/Lucas Film folks see that.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:01 AM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That was awesome.

The only thing I wondered about was if she was that into it, why didn't she see it in the theater?
She was on a two year mission for the church of LDS.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:34 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yeah, this movie is still ****ing awesome.
Agreed! I gave it a re watch a couple of nights ago. So damn good. My favorite part was when Vader going ape shit near the end. Fucking incredible to watch.

Rogue One was sooooo much better than The Force Awakens imo .
[Reply]
notorious 08:26 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Agreed! I gave it a re watch a couple of nights ago. So damn good. My favorite part was when Vader going ape shit near the end. ****ing incredible to watch.

Rogue One was sooooo much better than The Force Awakens imo .
Yep
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:18 PM 06-12-2017
Cute girl completely loses her mind over the ending of Rogue One.

I was amused, so whatever.

Why the fuck is she crying?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:27 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Because she's reliving the old emotions from the first time she saw Star Wars when she was a kid, you heartless fucking bastard!!1
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:38 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That was awesome. I hope the Disney/Lucas Film folks see that.
:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 09:52 PM 06-12-2017
THERE'S NO CRYING IN STAR WARS

[Reply]
Amnorix 07:07 AM 06-13-2017

Because she is able to experience sheer joy and sadness on a level that crusty old fucks like you and me find hard to relate to anymore...?

:-) :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:35 AM 06-13-2017
Why the **** is she crying?
She is already crying when we first see her so it's no so much the Vader scene as it is what immediately preceded it. The Death Star fires, Jyn and Cassian realize they are gonna by to die, Raddas realizes it and calmly says "Rogue One, may the Force be with you", and you see the last second of life for Jyn and Cassian. Very emotional scenes right before Vader's bad assness.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:00 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
She is already crying when we first see her so it's no so much the Vader scene as it is what immediately preceded it. The Death Star fires, Jyn and Cassian realize they are gonna by to die, Raddas realizes it and calmly says "Rogue One, may the Force be with you", and you see the last second of life for Jyn and Cassian. Very emotional scenes right before Vader's bad assness.
Emotional scenes for a woman maybe.

My reaction was....."Well that sucks for them. OH SHIT IT'S VADER!!!!!"
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:08 PM 06-13-2017
Emotional scenes for a woman maybe.

My reaction was....."Well that sucks for them. OH SHIT IT'S VADER!!!!!"
Well we are, in fact, talking about a woman.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 70
« First < 19596566676869 70 >
Up