ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 100
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:37 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
I suppose we will agree to disagree then.

What matters most to me is "What have you done lately".

For example, I'm not impressed by the Steelers 11-0 start, because they have lost the last 4 of 5 games.
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Baltimore Ravens were 8-0 in the second half of the season last year... lost their first playoff game.

The 2018 Chicago Bears were 7-1 in the second half of the season... lost their first playoff game.

The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers were 7-1 in the second half of the season... lost their first playoff game.

Just a few recent examples of late season success not equating to continued momentum in the playoffs.

Perhaps you should take a step back and get your facts straight before continuing to humiliate yourself by posting unsubstantiated babble.
Keep ignoring it. We can keep posting it.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:37 PM 01-05-2021
Holy shit. This guy is still here?!

If he has a job, he has to be the most unproductive employee in America.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:37 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Who was talking about the Steelers?
I was.

In the post you quoted.

Did you reply to my post without reading it?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:37 PM 01-05-2021
Bisquick, which Bills fanboy are you in this photo?

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:38 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yes, we heard your message. You are wildly impressed by the Bills beating on cupcakes. So bet them.
He can't. He doesn't think they can beat the Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:39 PM 01-05-2021
Bisquick, which Bills fanboy are you in this photo?

He's wearing the #22 jersey.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:42 PM 01-05-2021
There are more efficient ways to keep your fingers warm, Buffalo. Just saying.
[Reply]
notorious 02:42 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's wearing the #22 jersey.

"So, watcha doin' at work? Got your thumb up your ass?"

"Well, not my thumb......"
[Reply]
diqlix 02:46 PM 01-05-2021
The Baltimore Ravens were 8-0 in the second half of the season last year... lost their first playoff game.

The 2018 Chicago Bears were 7-1 in the second half of the season... lost their first playoff game.

The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers were 7-1 in the second half of the season... lost their first playoff game.

Just a few recent examples of late season success not equating to continued momentum in the playoffs.

Perhaps you should take a step back and get your facts straight before continuing to humiliate yourself by posting unsubstantiated babble.
Does a few random examples prove the premise?

To me, it simply means it happened a few times.

In statistics, they're called outliers.

I could list as many (if not more) examples of the opposite.

For example:

The 2018 Patriots, for example, won 7 in a row (including playoffs) before beating the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

The 2017 Patriots, won 13 of 14 in a row (including playoffs) before losing to Eagles in the Super Bowl.

The 2017 Eagles won 14 of 15 before beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl (i'm not counting Week 17 where they sat all starters).

The 2014 Patriots won 12 out of 14 games before beating the Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

The 2008 Steelers won 8 out of 9 games before beating the Cardinals in the Super Bowl.

The 2005 Steelers won their last 4 in the regular season and then 4 straight in the playoffs (8 in a row) to win the Super Bowl.

The 2004 Patriot's won 10 of 11 games before beating the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

The 2003 Patriot's won 14 games in a row before beating the Panthers in the Super Bowl.

Etc, etc, etc.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:47 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yes, we heard your message. You are wildly impressed by the Bills beating on cupcakes. So bet them.
I guess winning 10 straight before purposely throwing a game isn't "hot" enough for some people....

EDIT: Then throws out Philly won 14 of 15, excluding the week 17 where they rested everyone....so, according to Einstein, the Chiefs are riding a 10 game winning streak and won 14 out of 15 as well.....
[Reply]
diqlix 02:48 PM 01-05-2021
I was.

In the post you quoted.

Did you reply to my post without reading it?
I guess i'll take that as a yes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:51 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I guess winning 10 straight before purposely throwing a game isn't "hot" enough for some people....

EDIT: Then throws out Philly won 14 of 15, excluding the week 17 where they rested everyone....
But if it had been 11, with our back-ups in there, then it would matter.:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:54 PM 01-05-2021
Does a few random examples prove the premise?

To me, it simply means it happened a few times.

In statistics, they're called outliers.

I could list as many (if not more) examples of the opposite.

The 2017 Patriots, for example, won 7 in a row before beating the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

The 2016 Eagles won 14 of 15 before beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl (i'm not counting Week 17 where they sat all starters).

The 2014 Patriots won 12 out of 14 games before beating the Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

The 2008 Steelers won 8 out of 9 games before beating the Cardinals in the Super Bowl.

The 2005 Steelers won their last 4 in the regular season and then 4 straight in the playoffs (8 in a row) to win the Super Bowl.

The 2004 Patriot's won 10 of 11 games before beating the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

The 2003 Patriot's won 14 games in a row before beating the Panthers in the Super Bowl.

Etc, etc, etc.
You brought up 3 games from last decade. Those don't count, that's YOUR rule.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:55 PM 01-05-2021
I guess i'll take that as a yes.
Dude, I didn't respond because you're a waste of time.

The whole conversation was about momentum. You tried to change the subject.

Just like you always do.

This isn't even fun anymore. Have at it. I'm out.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:57 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
But if it had been 11, with our back-ups in there, then it would matter.:-)
Thanks for that! It's very hard to keep up with genius boy here....
[Reply]
Page 69 of 100
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Up