ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 334
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:00 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by New World Order:
They need to cut the show to 2 hours. 3 hours is just too long.
From what I have heard, they want to but USA won't let them.

Also from one of the Talk is Jericho's, Cena might be the problem.
[Reply]
TLO 05:07 PM 09-23-2015
I'm sorry but each time I see Big Show on Monday Night Raw I change the channel.

I'm fucking sick and tired of Kane hanging around the main event title picture too.

If it weren't for Kevin Owens, I'd probably not be watching WWE anymore.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:08 PM 09-23-2015
Need to move Kane to a trainer position. I actually think that Big Show can do announcing. He has great comedic timing when the WWE allows him to show it.
[Reply]
penbrook 05:14 PM 09-23-2015
Triple H says he wishes he could change Raw to 2 hours when he was on the podcast with Stone Cold
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:15 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
From what I have heard, they want to but USA won't let them.

Also from one of the Talk is Jericho's, Cena might be the problem.
Cena is the first superstar they've built into an icon in a long time that hasn't flat out left. Rock, Austin, Lesnar etc etc have all left for their own reasons at one time or another. Gets ridiculously old and repetitive but can't really blame them for clinging to him like they do. The massive amount of charity work he has put in and continues to do doesn't hurt either.
[Reply]
Brock 06:01 PM 09-23-2015
You have to go back to attitude
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:04 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by Brock:
You have to let the wrestlers be creative in their characters.
[Reply]
Joshuabmayer 06:20 PM 09-23-2015
You have to let the wrestlers be creative in their characters.
Best thing right now is New Day. Great comedy and now partnered with Rusev makes it worth watching. Guys are just having fun.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:23 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by Brock:

I don't watch current wrestling but I do watch attitude era Raws.

They are still fucking amazing
[Reply]
Jamie 06:24 PM 09-23-2015
WWE is in crisis mode.

The product needs something edgy. I am going to get flamed but they need Vince Russo.

Why not? It can't get much worse.
Because when Russo was edgy I was in middle school, and his bullshit has been old and tired for 15 years.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:25 PM 09-23-2015
Need to move Kane to a trainer position. I actually think that Big Show can do announcing. He has great comedic timing when the WWE allows him to show it.

I'm not sure who is still active, but when Kane, Big Show, Brock, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Triple H move on and no longer wrestle who exactly will they have?
[Reply]
New World Order 06:25 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Because when Russo was edgy I was in middle school, and his bullshit has been old and tired for 15 years.

And the ratings were at least double what they are now.
[Reply]
Brock 06:31 PM 09-23-2015
I don't watch current wrestling but I do watch attitude era Raws.

They are still fucking amazing
A lot of them were. If they want to aim their product at preteens, this should be a fairly predictable result. I can't watch the show at all anymore. Having no competition is bad for these guys.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:02 PM 09-23-2015
And the ratings were at least double what they are now.
When something is stale the solution isn't to go back to how things used to be, it's to do something new. And even if you wanted to go back to an over-the-top 90s style show, bringing back Vince Russo is far from the best way to do that. He's not some kind of creative genius, he's a one-trick pony who was in the right place at the right time to make that trick work.

And regardless of how good the show is, the ratings will never reach Attitude Era levels again, just due to the way TV has changed.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:32 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by Jamie:
When something is stale the solution isn't to go back to how things used to be, it's to do something new. And even if you wanted to go back to an over-the-top 90s style show, bringing back Vince Russo is far from the best way to do that. He's not some kind of creative genius, he's a one-trick pony who was in the right place at the right time to make that trick work.

And regardless of how good the show is, the ratings will never reach Attitude Era levels again, just due to the way TV has changed.
Russo was filtered by Pat Patterson and Vince. Not to mention that wrestlers themselves had a lot more creative freedom in their characters.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 334
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up