ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 689 of 1214
« First < 189589639679685686687688689 6906916926936997397891189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:42 PM 12-02-2017
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:
Instapot. Anyone have one?
Looks like a "B" market TV commercial product to me. Honestly I wouldn't want one but I am sure an electric pressure cooker with programming would be great for crock pot lovers.

If you're buying one you best buy 2 as you normally use a couple of pans at a time, right?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:46 PM 12-02-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Actually that was low, it was 106g of carbs or 35% of daily value, if I figured that right.
That's more carbs than I eat in a week, adjusted for fiber that is.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:00 PM 12-02-2017
I'll take the Sasquatch pizza.
Buzz,

It was one damm fine pizza forget the cost. The crust was dark brown and the cracker style crust was crunchy, dark brown without being burnt. The pork loin was flavorful and tender and mixed with the .5 ounces of sausage already there made for great flavor. I put too much cheese on it as I did a coarse grate and I normally do ribbons which are finer. The habanaro's. and black pepper hit just right, not hot but lip warming heat.

I like sharp cheddar on meat pizza and mozzarella on pizzas with veggies but there was just a little too much there.
[Reply]
In58men 11:09 PM 12-02-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Buzz,

It was one damm fine pizza forget the cost. The crust was dark brown and the cracker style crust was crunchy, dark brown without being burnt. The pork loin was flavorful and tender and mixed with the .5 ounces of sausage already there made for great flavor. I put too much cheese on it as I did a coarse grate and I normally do ribbons which are finer. The habanaro's. and black pepper hit just right, not hot but lip warming heat.

I like sharp cheddar on meat pizza and mozzarella on pizzas with veggies but there was just a little too much there.
This made me horny for pizza
[Reply]
Buzz 11:20 PM 12-02-2017
That's more carbs than I eat in a week, adjusted for fiber that is.

That Jacks Pizza has at least 108g of carbs without the extra toppings, just say'n.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:41 PM 12-02-2017
That Jacks Pizza has at least 108g of carbs without the extra toppings, just say'n.
I should have said a week of dinners, I used to eat 10 carbs a day but I am sure I am up to about 25-40 a day excluding pizza :-):-):-):-) Thanks for pointing that out, I need to monitor that closer.

102-6 fiber, divided by 2 = 48 carbs (1.5 servings) not too bad for pizza and with this one I ate the crust. My lab was pissed about no pizza bones so my SO gave him a couple of the small corners which he went nuts over...$.94 for 1.5 servings before mods

The Home Run Inn that I normally eat has only 40 net carbs for a serving and a half. HRI has more calories, calories from fat and sodium but also more meat, cheese, and a thicker crust with pizza bones. $1.74 before add ons.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:34 AM 12-03-2017
I used to live in the Near North Side area (couple of blocks in from Fletcher Jones) and I have eaten at another location in the 90's. It was Lincoln Park from memory.

Dammed that looks good and there aren't any dead leaves in it either.
I'm just one neighborhood to the west of LP. I don't do deep dish that often. That pizza is unique in that they leave the crushed tomatoes in the sauce giving it a nice acidity.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:15 AM 12-03-2017
this was from last monday...been too busy to post. Cooked sous vide, should have let it go another hour or so, but we were running late.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:32 AM 12-03-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
this was from last monday...been too busy to post. Cooked sous vide, should have let it go another hour or so, but we were running late.

We got some t-bones and a loin roast(not e tenderloin) to take swimming. So far I have been low smoking, then a dunk, then oven broil or cast iron to do the end sear. I've been happy so far.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:41 AM 12-03-2017
We got some t-bones and a loin roast(not e tenderloin) to take swimming. So far I have been low smoking, then a dunk, then oven broil or cast iron to do the end sear. I've been happy so far.

How does the pre-smoke work? Do you get a substantial amount of smoke after the swim?
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:12 AM 12-03-2017
Making 15 bean soup.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:14 AM 12-03-2017
A soup with only 15 beans won't feed a crowd
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:38 PM 12-03-2017
I forgot to take pics before we ate, but I redeemed myself on that pizza. Smaller pies + more semolina made it a lot easier to slide off the peel. First really successful pizzas on the Kettle. Loved it.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:49 PM 12-03-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
How does the pre-smoke work? Do you get a substantial amount of smoke after the swim?
It's a nice smoke, nothing like a KC or texas smoke, but the flavor really permeated the food. It's just so easy to do: a few chunks of charcoal and oak wood in a chimney, throw the coals and some fruit wood in smoker, let it come to temp, toss on protein and walk away. Set up Sous Vide( fill it with water and turn it on....) and when fire goes out, bag it while still warm and you off to the races.

What turned me on was guys smoking brisket and butts for 2-3 hours before smoking and searing afterwards. It's good for a smoke ring sometimes too.

I took the Supreme with me on the bus and used it while driving. I was super impressed by it's design fitting into the RV lifestyle. I just put it in the sink to catch any leakage. I will be looking for another method as it was in the way there but inside the oven with overflow pan underneath may be the place.

I am looking at putting one of these on the "hunt list" list. I want to modify it by modifying the grills and reflector, connecting it to a camping propane bottle like you would a weed torch. with 10K BTU's it should make quick work out of a brisket.

but so far this is best but time consuming.

I guess having a searing burner on a gas grill would work but I din't have a gas grill. I think the #2 option deserves some re engineering.
That seems to be my biggest problem with Sous Vide is getting the bagger out, setting it up, putting it way, searing the meat afterwards and having to wash the skillet, stove or pan used in the oven.

I did buy a used vacuum sealer and I'm glad I did.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:48 PM 12-03-2017

I was lazy, had neighbors over for pathetic game but fed them one of these lasted for just moments.
Jack's pepperoni and sausage frozen thin crust pizza
Fresh raw pork lion, julienned, chopped garlic cloves 3, ghast pepper discs, 2 peppers, 3oz ex sharp cheddar, Ground black pepper.
[Reply]
Page 689 of 1214
« First < 189589639679685686687688689 6906916926936997397891189 > Last »
Up