ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 107
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:36 AM 02-15-2024
Swift not being there was a blessing in disguise.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:37 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by kstater:
Excellent, the thoughts and prayers train has arrived to make everything better

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
The Baltimore Ravens, nor any Football Franchise is going to change the gun laws to your liking. Would you prefer they just say nothing at all? I don’t get the snark.
[Reply]
teedubya 07:44 AM 02-15-2024
I must say, as horrible as it was, it feels “better” that it was just an idiotic gang related fight, instead of a plotted domestic terrorism event. It could have been MUCH worse, thousands would be dead, otherwise. And that’s scary and probably gave some future asshole some ideas.

Moving forward, all future parades and celebrations will be much different though, unfortunately.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:47 AM 02-15-2024
hold on to that Peacock subscription
[Reply]
stevieray 07:53 AM 02-15-2024

As opposed to what?

Are you under the impression that the family of that woman doesn't appreciate people doing what they can to help comfort them?

Maybe they should tell them to man up?

c'mon, man.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:57 AM 02-15-2024

Chiefs fan says Jackson Mahomes was helping lost child during parade shooting: ‘Newfound respect’ https://t.co/Q5z218TVdl pic.twitter.com/qB5dpMHIOM

— New York Post (@nypost) February 15, 2024

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:59 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by teedubya:
I must say, as horrible as it was, it feels “better” that it was just an idiotic gang related fight, instead of a plotted domestic terrorism event. It could have been MUCH worse, thousands would be dead, otherwise. And that’s scary and probably gave some future asshole some ideas.

Moving forward, all future parades and celebrations will be much different though, unfortunately.

Id venture to say there will be no more parades. Any celebration will be in arrowhead with massive controls on who gets in
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 08:02 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:

The war on drugs. created a whole new industry and money making opportunity for the low life thugs in that horrible environment.

FYP
[Reply]
notorious 08:04 AM 02-15-2024

Should have stated:

"What's the big deal? That's a typical weekday in Baltimore"
[Reply]
luv 08:05 AM 02-15-2024
Is there anyone here who would be willing to do a collection to donate to Children's Mercy, specifically to help cover costs for victims?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:08 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Id venture to say there will be no more parades. Any celebration will be in arrowhead with massive controls on who gets in
Fuck that. A couple of gang members start shooting at each other so we cancel all parades? What are we a bunch of wimps? We cower because of a possible threat? Lets just all stay inside and live online and no one ever gets hurt.
[Reply]
bevischief 08:17 AM 02-15-2024
I was there during the shooting. I had been there since 11pm on Tuesday night. There was multiple shootings in the area. I was about 10 feet from the one right of facing the stage by the NFL setup. There were no problems all night. Also saw the start of lock down of Crown Center parking garage and was stuck in the Western Crown Hotel lock down.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:20 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:
As opposed to what?

Are you under the impression that the family of that woman doesn't appreciate people doing what they can to help comfort them?

Maybe they should tell them to man up?

c'mon, man.
This bother you, MiseraBill?
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:27 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by teedubya:

This was especially bad because the trash who were part of it chose to get violent in a crowded public place, but the same people would be doing the same things in their own neighborhoods most of the time. I don't know how you fix that when the problems are in the families or lack thereof, and half of everyone is against every other option.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:28 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
I don't know what the solution to these shootings that this country has huge problem with. But I'm done listening to those that say we need to take away all firearms. I'm done listening to those that say there isn't anything that can be done because of something that was written in 1787, nearly 250 years ago.

I used everything from small arms to explosives. If shooting a firearm or any other weapon gets you excited. You may have an issue. Firearms are tools with a purpose. Too many people treat them as toys for their enjoyment.
And many people dont know how to handle conflict either.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 107
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Up