ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 232
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:36 AM 05-11-2018
Per Woj the Raptors have fired the NBA coach of the year Dwane Casey lulz
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:48 AM 05-11-2018
You'd think that someone supposedly as smart as Masai would realize that was a regular season team. Just like the Celtics last year. It's easy to rack up 52 wins in a bad conference when you have decent players that will work hard, or some unique sets on offense, but once teams have time to focus on your strengths, it's a lot harder to do anything. If they're gonna fire Casey, they need to fire the guy that gave DeRozan and Ibaka their contracts.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:36 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You'd think that someone supposedly as smart as Masai would realize that was a regular season team. Just like the Celtics last year. It's easy to rack up 52 wins in a bad conference when you have decent players that will work hard, or some unique sets on offense, but once teams have time to focus on your strengths, it's a lot harder to do anything. If they're gonna fire Casey, they need to fire the guy that gave DeRozan and Ibaka their contracts.
He was panicked, on the defensive and facing questions from media/fans in a way that he hadn't in his entire tenure at the year end press conference. Needed a scapegoat and made Casey it.

They won't be any better next year as long as DeRozan is still around.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:53 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
when you consider we've gotten to the ECF while missing our TOP TWO players
Thats a testament to how bad the east really is and has been for a while now.
[Reply]
bricks 05:40 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He was panicked, on the defensive and facing questions from media/fans in a way that he hadn't in his entire tenure at the year end press conference. Needed a scapegoat and made Casey it.

They won't be any better next year as long as DeRozan is still around.
Imo, MLSE is the root of the problem.

I think the Raptors, Leafs, Jays are like the Chiefs in a sense where they have organizational issues with respect to ownership.

MLSE failed bigtime by not acquiring any superstars for the Raptors. Instead, they gave the fans Lowry and Derozan which I could appreciate, but will admit those two just aren’t good enough to help that team contend for a championship.

They needed better but failed. There is nobody on this Raptors roster that is of the status or caliber of a Lebron James. Thats all this is. You wanna win championship in the NBA? You need a superstar to say the least.

They don’t want to spend the money for a superstar nor try to make any trades for one. After witnessing this; Im skeptical about this ownership in that I don’t feel they’re committed to excellence. Championships aren’t the bottomline in Toronto, money is. As long as they make the playoffs, thats all that matters because then they’ll just up the ante on ticket prices and make a sh*tload of profit in return while disregarding the fanbase by not rewarding them with any championship teams.

Whats amazing is how Torontonians fail to see this and support it. Bunch of hosers! Being a Torontonian, Im digusted because this feels like the middle finger to my face. I will never ever go see the Leafs, Raptors or Jays live.

I have a feeling Toronto teams will build a reputation as regular season successors and playoff chokers. Firing Casey like you said is a scapegoat. Well said. Its just a cover to MLSE penny pinching problems by failing to addess the real problem in not acquiring a superstar and going from there to help build a better team. Lastly, **** MLSE
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:17 PM 05-12-2018

If LeBron vs. Jordan is close *now*—as people (correctly, IMO) are increasingly coming to realize—it probably won't be close by the end of LeBron's career.

— Nate Silver (@NateSilver538) May 12, 2018

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:35 PM 05-12-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

I agree with this take.

When Lebrons career is over, people will judge him by what he was; an All Time great NBA player who often came up short on the NBA’s biggest and brightest stage. (BTW, I’m predicting at least 2 more NBA Finals losses for Lebron with maybe one more victory)

We shall see.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:39 PM 05-12-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I agree with this take.

When Lebrons career is over, people will judge him by what he was; an All Time great NBA player who often came up short on the NBA’s biggest and brightest stage. (BTW, I’m predicting at least 2 more NBA Finals losses for Lebron with maybe one more victory)

We shall see.
That and about to leave to.play for 4th team in his prime because he couldn't get it done the way Magic, Bird, Mike, and Timmy did.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:56 PM 05-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
That and about to leave to.play for 4th team in his prime because he couldn't get it done the way Magic, Bird, Mike, and Timmy did.
Yup.

When people have the GOAT discussion and talk about guys like Jordan, Russell, Kareem, Timmy, etc. there’s a common theme. These players led the dominant teams of their era in the NBA and stuck with that one team through their era of dominance. They didn’t ‘team-hop’ and shop for the best situation like Lebron.

I guess Lebron can be called the King of FA, but that reason, IMO, is why he will never measure up to Jordan or even a guy like Russell in the GOAT discussion.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:07 PM 05-12-2018
These are the things that really matter. Which accomplishment(s) is he going to break KCC:

Highest playoff scoring average in the history of the NBA

Higher NBA Finals average

Most NBA Finals MVPs

9x All-defensive first team

10x scoring champion

Most points in an NBA Finals series

Most points in playoff game.

6 NBA titles
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:16 PM 05-12-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yup.

When people have the GOAT discussion and talk about guys like Jordan, Russell, Kareem, Timmy, etc. there’s a common theme. These players led the dominant teams of their era in the NBA and stuck with that one team through their era of dominance. They didn’t ‘team-hop’ and shop for the best situation like Lebron.

I guess Lebron can be called the King of FA, but that reason, IMO, is why he will never measure up to Jordan or even a guy like Russell in the GOAT discussion.
The same guys that wanted to look the other way on that are the first ones to piss whine about Durant :-) They both bitched out. Just call it like it is and have some credibility. Lebron is like a little league coach that stacks his team and goes and plays in the rec division (East).
[Reply]
New World Order 01:18 PM 05-12-2018
^Good way to put it.

Lebron really is the GOAT of FA.
[Reply]
O.city 01:24 PM 05-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Maybe if he had guys around him like this guys did he wouldn’t have to leave?
[Reply]
O.city 01:25 PM 05-12-2018
I wish lebron had the balls to go try and play tight end for the browns.
[Reply]
banecat 01:26 PM 05-12-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wish lebron had the balls to go try and play tight end for the browns.
Or first base for the Indians
[Reply]
Page 68 of 232
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Up