ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 421
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2018 Free Agents
Couch-Potato 09:52 AM 01-10-2018
Who are you letting walk/cutting/retiring?

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/...8-free-agents/

Who are you targeting?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...t-tracker?pg=1
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:05 PM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
They can't get to 30 this year without cutting Bailey as well.

They've got a shit load of dead money now, staggering deals just means more dead money down the road.

It's probably time to pay the piper and get the shit in order.
That doesn't make any sense...You can sign players this year and stagger a bigger portion of those deals into 2019 ($82 Million) when the past dead money is almost gone. Berry made $3 million last year and $13 million this season.

Dead money comes from players who are no longer on the roster...I'm not saying push the money to the final years, I'm saying pay them with the excess when you have it. Chiefs dont have any superstars needing to be paid for a few years...
[Reply]
RunKC 03:05 PM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Because he can't handle any more. 2 offseason in a row with maintenance related medical issues from wear and tear of the season and he's only 23. That is not good for his longevity no matter how you look at it. And there will be more wear and tear by the time he reaches his 2nd contract. Do you honestly feel good about giving a guy that can't hit 700 snaps and will need some sort of offseason medical program every year 50/60/70 million to play in Sutton's scheme?
If he plays like last year yes I’d give him a new deal. If we got someone from this draft that is as talented, I’d consider letting him walk.

Injuries happen and Jones injuries have not been serious career threatening (ACL, Achilles, back).
[Reply]
O.city 03:06 PM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
That doesn't make any sense...You can sign players this year and stagger a bigger portion of those deals into 2019 ($82 Million) when the past dead money is gone.

Dead money comes from players who are no longer on the roster...
Yeah, I get it.

But it's the same thing Dorsey did with these guys to cause the cap to be what it is now and the Chiefs to have to cut guys like they have.

It's not ideal. You don't know what your roster needs will be next year and if you have money tied up it gets tough.

AKA, this offseason.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:07 PM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If he plays like last year yes I’d give him a new deal. If we got someone from this draft that is as talented, I’d consider letting him walk.

Injuries happen and Jones injuries have not been serious career threatening (ACL, Achilles, back).
Exactly. This is silly.
[Reply]
O.city 03:08 PM 03-04-2018
I'd worry about extending Jones after next season anyway so it doesn't really matter right now.
[Reply]
mcaj22 03:08 PM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because no matter how good it sounds we don’t know for sure that’s why, and to suggest otherwise is foolish.
so Chris Jones is just having offseason knee scopes at 23 years old cause .......... for something to do?
[Reply]
mcaj22 03:10 PM 03-04-2018

Injuries happen is exactly how they got into the situation they are in with Justin Houston
[Reply]
staylor26 03:10 PM 03-04-2018
so Chris Jones is just having offseason knee scopes at 23 years old cause .......... for something to do?
Are you suggesting that Jones injuries are from wear and tear?

Like, Poe his first injury was in the offseaon when he wasn’t even practacing or anything. It might’ve even been a NFI IIRC.

The playoff game injury was a freak accident that happens all the time in the trenches.

Again, Jones isn’t playing a ridiculous amount of snaps so this makes no sense either way.
[Reply]
mcaj22 03:12 PM 03-04-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Are you suggesting that Jones injuries are from wear and tear?

Like, Poe his first injury was in the offseaon when he wasn’t even practacing or anything. It might’ve even been a NFI IIRC.

The playoff game injury was a freak accident that happens all the time in the trenches.

Again, Jones isn’t playing a ridiculous amount of snaps so this makes no sense either way.
he had that scope in '17 which started him on the PUP for the summer

he now has his MCL tear or whatever suffered in the end of the year

If he has an issue every offseason from now until the end of year 5, it absolutely should be considered on if he is worth a LTD
[Reply]
O.city 03:12 PM 03-04-2018
Same reason I'd be hesitant to pay Bell big money in Pitt after they rode him into the ground this year.

Plus this years RB class is legit.
[Reply]
O.city 03:13 PM 03-04-2018
Yeah, it's not great that he's been having to rehab every offseason instead of actually getting stronger etc.

Hopefully that turns around for him.
[Reply]
O.city 03:15 PM 03-04-2018
If the Chiefs are going to stagger contracts or push money into next year, it's important to target young players that are more likely to be able to perform the life of the deal.

They've gotten fucked on deals lately.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:16 PM 03-04-2018
Injuries happen is exactly how they got into the situation they are in with Justin Houston
Justin Houston had a serious knee injury which his ACL was “loose” which needed more than a year long treatment and rehab.

Chris Jones MCL injury is a 2 month long recovery. It’s nowhere near as serious.

Guys have scopes and minor surgeries all the time in the NFL. It’s serious long term injuries like ACL/MCL/PCL (Parker Ehinger), Achilles (Eric Berry) and back (Dontari Poe) that should worry you. Those are serious long term rehab injuries.

FFS dude Chris Jones was already running a month after his surgery. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 03:17 PM 03-04-2018
Justin Houston had a serious knee injury which his ACL was “loose” which needed more than a year long treatment and rehab.

Chris Jones MCL injury is a 2 month long recovery. It’s nowhere near as serious.

Guys have scopes and minor surgeries all the time in the NFL. It’s serious long term injuries like ACL/MCL/PCL (Parker Ehinger), Achilles (Eric Berry) and back (Dontari Poe) that should worry you. Those are serious long term rehab injuries.

Its 2 straight offseasons where he's had injury issues though. Not necessarily the severity.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:18 PM 03-04-2018

Chris Jones MCL injury is a 2 month long crecovery time. It’s nowhere near as serious.

All of this. I’ve already seen Jones working out on IG.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 421
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Up