ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 335
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:09 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That's an interesting theory
I don't know if I love or hate this theory.

On one hand, the encyclopedia released this year confirmed that Meera and Jon are the same age and wow, what an added twist to what would already be one of the greatest twists in fantasy.

On the other hand, one could argue that it streamlines one of fantasy's best twists (R + L = J) into Star Wars.
[Reply]
Sorter 11:21 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I don't know if I love or hate this theory.

On one hand, the encyclopedia released this year confirmed that Meera and Jon are the same age and wow, what an added twist to what would already be one of the greatest twists in fantasy.

On the other hand, it streamlines one of fantasy's best twists (R + L = J) into Star Wars.
IIRC, there's a quote from Alfie about S6 saying that there is going to be a "star wars twist".
[Reply]
Sorter 11:22 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Don't worry, they'll just remind everyone about the Ironborn during their "Previously, on Game of Thrones" intro. That should suffice, right?
:-).
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 08:31 PM 08-28-2015
NFL Power Rankings with Game of Thrones characters:
http://www.davidjonesauthor.com/game-of-throwns.html
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:03 PM 08-28-2015
Originally Posted by KCtotheSB:
NFL Power Rankings with Game of Thrones characters:
http://www.davidjonesauthor.com/game-of-throwns.html
Rape references for the Steelers made this worthwhile alone. The Ravens as Sam Tarley was hilarious too.

The Broncos and Chargers as gay dudes is fitting.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:06 AM 08-31-2015

[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 07:41 AM 09-01-2015
I just don't see why this matters, if it's true. Okay fine, they're siblings. Great. How does that change/excite/provoke/improve the story? What difference does it make?

I'm not against it in any way. I just don't see what the point would be.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 09:20 AM 09-01-2015
We got mother fucking dragons
[Reply]
Hawk 10:29 AM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I just don't see why this matters, if it's true. Okay fine, they're siblings. Great. How does that change/excite/provoke/improve the story? What difference does it make?

Well, if it were true, then Meera would also be a secret Targaryan which could make her one of the three heads of the dragon and a possible dragon rider in the epic final battle, and could make her a claimant to the throne if Dany, Aegon and Jon all die.

So yeah, could have a big impact. Which is why it doesn't feel true to me. I've never gotten any impression in the books or show that she is anything other than a bit player meant to get Bran to the three-eyed crow, and a possible love interest for Bran.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:42 AM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You guys buying into the new R+J=L theory? The theory: Jon Snow's twin sister is Meera Reed. (R+L=J+M)

Not a lot is known about what happened at the Tower of Joy, the place where, according to R+L=J, Lyanna made Ned promise to take care of Jon. Supposedly, Ned Stark and six of his main dudes fought three Kingsguard whom they found guarding the tower. From that fight, only two men survived: They were Ned Stark and his homie Howland Reed, aka Meera's "dad."

Oh. Shiz.

If Lyanna did have twins, the safest plan would be to split them up. According to the twins theory, one went with Ned, and the other went with Howland. And it turns out there's actually evidence to support this.

The rest of the article and case for this theory is here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ef=mostpopular
I don't know that I "buy" it, but it's interesting.

It would make Lyanna's death in childbirth make a lot more sense (I always wondered about that and couldn't believe Rhaegar would have left her at ToJ without a maester to attend her*).

It would explain why Jojen had abilities and Meera does not, and also explain some of Jojen's protective behavior towards her (and placing her safety above his).

It would explain the odd coincidence of Meera and Jon's ages and listings in the books.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:43 AM 09-01-2015
Yeah....way more easy to die in child birth from twins than just a normal birth.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:44 AM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:

Why does it matter?

Well, it means Jon Snow could ACTUALLY be dead.

it means she is the potential third head, as I think someone already said.

It changes the story in adding a new, character who is positioned in the correct area to combat the white walkers, who is hanging out with the people who best know how to deal with the walkers and can benefit from their knowledge - as well as the supernatural abilities of Bran and Bloodraven.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:04 PM 09-01-2015
Major spoiler for those who haven't read the books.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tomahawk kid 07:15 AM 09-02-2015

Spoiler!
This would kick all ass known to man.

I'm desperate to see some Stark retribution at this point.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:17 AM 09-02-2015

Spoiler!

That could be how they reintroduce the Blackfish to wreck some lives.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 335
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Up