ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 192
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:41 AM 02-21-2024
The game just seems to big for skyy moore. Small school guys scare me a little.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:44 AM 02-21-2024
What do y’all think about Johnny Wilson? He has big hands but drops were a problem? He’s an intriguing prospect to me with his size, speed and especially his movement. He’s pretty smooth for a guy that big. And long arms…. 35”. What a target. Hard to miss that guy. But if he can’t catch?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:45 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think, to a large degree, its character related. He's probably a 2nd round talent but no way a team is taking him that early. In a class this deep, there aren't many reasons for teams to take an early shot on what could be a head case. I think he goes in the 4th myself. Some think the 5th some think the 3rd but usually character on a day 2 talent slides them to early day 3.

That’s my take, too.

I’d be all over him in round 4/5. Maybe Kelce gives me false confidence on the Chiefs ability to mature him, but I love the idea of doubling up at WR in this draft and think he’d be a sexy second guy.

Even with Caleb Williams, Alabama spread the ball around. He was still the top dog as a receiver, though. And Milroe this year was kind of a deep shot only QB. I don’t know that he was maximized in that offense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
What do y’all think about Johnny Wilson? He has big hands but drops were a problem? He’s an intriguing prospect to me with his size, speed and especially his movement. He’s pretty smooth for a guy that big. And long arms…. 35”. What a target. Hard to miss that guy. But if he can’t catch?
Don't care about big receivers.

"Moves well for a big guy" means he's actually pretty mediocre for a normal sized WR. And I just don't think the trade-off is worthwhile.

He wouldn't even be on my board for the Chiefs. Some teams may have a use for him but I don't. We don't have Matt Cassel under center - 'hard to miss' doesn't move the needle for me when I have a guy that can put a ball in 5 gallon bucket from 30 yards out.

Give me separation and quickness in/out of his cuts. Wilson does neither of those things. He's a guy I have essentially zero interest in at all. If I thought he could learn to block more consistently I might have him as an intriguing TE convert on the 3rd day, but that's about it.
[Reply]
wachashi 09:58 AM 02-21-2024
I like Tahj Washington's tape ouf of USC as a later-round receiver. PFF has him as the 149th overall prospect. He's small, but electric.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by wachashi:
I like Tahj Washington's tape ouf of USC as a later-round receiver. PFF has him as the 149th overall prospect. He's small, but electric.

I like Luke McCaffrey and De'Corian Clark quite a bit as late round possibilities.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:45 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Don't care about big receivers.

"Moves well for a big guy" means he's actually pretty mediocre for a normal sized WR. And I just don't think the trade-off is worthwhile.

He wouldn't even be on my board for the Chiefs. Some teams may have a use for him but I don't. We don't have Matt Cassel under center - 'hard to miss' doesn't move the needle for me when I have a guy that can put a ball in 5 gallon bucket from 30 yards out.

Give me separation and quickness in/out of his cuts. Wilson does neither of those things. He's a guy I have essentially zero interest in at all. If I thought he could learn to block more consistently I might have him as an intriguing TE convert on the 3rd day, but that's about it.
Totally where I'm at. Middle of Day 3 as a TE conversion and that's about it. He isn't a WR in the league IMO. What was that guy's name for Carolina that was built just like him and mostly sucked ass but he was their only guy to force-feed for a year or two and put up okayish numbers then flamed hard out of the league?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 AM 02-21-2024
I like Luke McCaffrey and De'Corian Clark quite a bit as late round possibilities.
Love McCaffrey.

If we go with somebody like Worthy or Franklin early, I love double dipping with McCaffrey.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Totally where I'm at. Middle of Day 3 as a TE conversion and that's about it. He isn't a WR in the league IMO. What was that guy's name for Carolina that was built just like him and mostly sucked ass but he was their only guy to force-feed for a year or two and put up okayish numbers then flamed hard out of the league?
Kelvin Benjamin. Before him, Mikhael Ricks.

We've seen this movie before. These 'move well for a big guy' players don't do anything at the next level.

"Moves like a small guy AND he's big" are unicorns and they go in the top 10. But if you're looking at a bigger receiver on the 2nd day or even the back of the 1st round, they're probably just not very good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:57 AM 02-21-2024
Here's the way I look at it - the difference between a talent and a prodigy.

A talent is a kid who's doing things better than all the other kids. A 10 year old that plays piano better than all the other 10 year olds is a heck of a talent. Probably someone that can get a scholarship or something and be a heck of a piano playing accountant someday.

A prodigy is a 10 year old that plays piano better than all the other ADULTS.

I need my big WRs to be prodigies. I need them to be big guys that move as well/better than the small guys. If they can't, they're just piano playing accountants.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:38 AM 02-21-2024

We've seen this movie before. These 'move well for a big guy' players don't do anything at the next level.

"Moves like a small guy AND he's big" are unicorns and they go in the top 10. But if you're looking at a bigger receiver on the 2nd day or even the back of the 1st round, they're probably just not very good.
I thought he was talking about Laviska Shenault at first but he's just injury prone and he isn't a WR/TE tweener he's a WR/RB tweener, he's basically Cordarrelle Patterson Jr.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:53 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I thought he was talking about Laviska Shenault at first but he's just injury prone and he isn't a WR/TE tweener he's a WR/RB tweener, he's basically Cordarrelle Patterson Jr.
Or Treylon Burks Sr.

Everyone likes to throw around "Next Deebo" without acknowledging that most of those guys don't amount to much of anything. You'll get 5 Burks for every 1 Deebo.
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:35 PM 02-21-2024

Kelvin Benjamin was slow. Hard to compare him. Johnny Wilson is a legit deep threat. He’s fast and can actually run routes. Johnnys listed at a 4.42 40. Here’s some info on Johnny. He’s a freak. He’s actually probably closer to Darren Waller. But I was unsure about his hands.

Elite athletic skills -- Johnny Wilson Made Bruce Feldman's 2023 'Freaks List' at number 28. He wrote: "At almost 6 feet 7, 239 pounds, he has 36-inch arms, 10 1/4 inch hands and a standing reach of 8-10. He also has a 35.5 inch vertical and a 10-5 broad jump. In games, he’s topped out at 21.23 MPH with a max acceleration of 5.26 m/s and has a max deceleration of -7.21 m/s."

Those numbers are ridiculous. He is not kelvin benjamin. Benjamin timed at a 4.6 and 17mph. Waller was a 4.46 at 22 mph. And 37” vertical. Waller is a better comp, almost the same height and weight also. Waller was drafted in the 6th round…
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:56 PM 02-21-2024
Funny, unexpected thing about Burton I saw while looking into him...he was apparently child prodigy at golf. So if we pick him he could team up with Patrick in celebrity golf tournaments and win a bunch of money.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:37 PM 02-21-2024
The WRs I like best at this point who we have a legit chance at without trading up - so not Nabers, MHJ, Odunze, and probably Thomas - are Worthy and Legette. I'd be disappointed to see either of those guys get picked by a rival. Still a lot of time to evaluate and the combine will likely change my opinions on some of these guys, but I think Worthy will go somewhere from 33-40 and Legette will go 40-50. Still trying to warm up to Franklin and Coleman, maybe I'll see something at the combine that makes me like them more than I do now. But right now I'm on Worthy and Legette.

There are also some really intriguing guys who are likely to drop to rounds 3-5. Depending on how F/A shakes out, I wouldn't be surprised to see Veach grab two WRs in this draft.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 192
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Up