Page 68 of 137
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:07 AM 06-23-2017
Stop all the nonsense about Reid taking over football operations and player personnel etc...

Originally Posted by :
Reid, who was in charge of personnel toward the end in Philadelphia, will not do the same here.

Reid was told about Dorsey, but not asked to approve or give input on the decision.

The Chiefs’ structure of the coach, general manager, and team president reporting equally to Hunt will not change. Hunt will conduct the interviews and hire Dorsey’s replacement.
That’s what I know to be true. Additionally, here is what I believe to be true:

▪ Reid did not force Dorsey out, but Hunt didn’t come up with this idea by himself. He is far more in touch with the Chiefs day-to-day than many think, and would not have done this if he thought Reid or others in football operations would have a major problem. He must’ve heard or seen issues with how Dorsey did his job.

▪ This was not a reaction to the amateurish way that wide receiver Jeremy Maclin’s release was handled, the player saying he learned from a voicemail, and was never asked to take a pay cut. Hunt is not a reactionary, and besides, we haven’t heard Dorsey’s side of what happened.

▪ Hunt decided his team transitioning from abject embarrassment in 2012 immediately into its most successful run in two decades was done because of the coaching and perhaps even in spite of the personnel and salary cap management.

And, now, one thing I suspect could be true:
▪ Perhaps this all broke down around negotiations for a contract extension. Hunt had been consistent — even after the end of the 2016 season — that he expected a long-term deal for Dorsey, whose contract was to expire after the 2017 season. Dorsey could have asked for too much, whether in money or years or an out to take the job in Green Bay if it opened.

I want to be as clear as possible: I don’t know that to be true. But it is my working theory.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...157737484.html
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:08 AM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just ****ing admit it. Dorsey and Ballard were huge losses.
Go ahead, blame me. The subtext, and usually explicit text, of every post about the team for the past 6 months or so has been, 'iffy territory, but it's OK because Dorsey's in charge.' The playoff wet fart, the draft moves, the roster cuts, . . . all of it. OK, because Dorsey's 'got this.'

So fate had to go and make put that foundational premise to the test.

So now it's time for pure unadulterated hope. I can't rationally argue that anything is going to go well for a good long while, but I can hope. Foolish as it is.

This is bigger than losing DT, or Roaf retiring, IMO.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:08 AM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Stryker:
According to Rapoport, it seems like a contract issue b/w he and Clark. Guess he was wanting more than Hunt wanted to offer.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ohn-Dorsey-now
I think it has more to do with Dorsey wanting an out to go to GB if the job opened up.

A few million a year isn't going to cause Clark to flip.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:09 AM 06-23-2017
According to Rapoport, it seems like a contract issue b/w he and Clark. Guess he was wanting more than Hunt wanted to offer.

Said it for decades now.
THERE'S NO SALARY CAP ON MANAGEMENT!!
[Reply]
New World Order 06:12 AM 06-23-2017

Clark :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:14 AM 06-23-2017

Firing Dorsey after the Chiefs made changes with their front office is interesting and sounds like an in-house promotion looms

— Michael Lombardi (@mlombardiNFL) June 23, 2017

John Dorsey is a good personnel man he will be helping another team soon

— Michael Lombardi (@mlombardiNFL) June 23, 2017

[Reply]
oldman 06:15 AM 06-23-2017
I don't think there was a power struggle or it was solely about money.There's been speculation for quite some time that Dorsey would someday return to Green Bay, so I wouldn't be a bit surprised that could be the case. Especially if the rumors of closed door meetings with the Packers are true. Clark was well within his rights to let him go if there was even a whiff of that kind of noise.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:19 AM 06-23-2017

I'm still tripping about what happened in Kansas City today with the GM. More I chew on it, doesn't smell right. Hard to believe.

— Mike McCartney (@MikeMcCartney7) June 23, 2017

Neil...my Intel supports your point. I've admittedly overreacted to the spin myself, but I heard from the inside it was 100% a money issue.

— Angry Scouting Vet (@AngryScout) June 23, 2017

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:22 AM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If this is the case. Wow. WTF. You payed Franchise Killer big fucking money at least pay this guy who is a competent GM.

Jesus I hope this isn't the case.
I don't think it's a money issue. But if it were, god help Clark Hunt for the shortsightedness and stupidity of such a move.

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Says the cunt rag that followed a mediocre QB to another team, so much so, that he's posted 4,000 times a year in defense of said QB.

Ka'Do's.
What happened to franchise, brah? Oh, you decided to wake the fuck up and pull the foot out of your mouth?
Good for you!

Originally Posted by RunKC:
Don't give a **** about the dead money. There is not one team that has come close to drafting as well as the Chiefs or finding value in FA and that is the lifeblood of this league.

3 all pro's-Kelce, Hill, Peters
1 double digit sack artist-Ford
2 really good line players-Morse/Ford

Eric Berry and Justin Houston aren't things Dorsey should be blamed for. Houston bet on himself and got 20+ sacks. Berry isn't getting paid much more than he would have been if he got paid a year prior.

Here's a newsflash: the roster is STACKED. Of course the cap is tight. Seriously FFS.
You ****ing want good mother****ing financial decisions?!?!

How much did Jaye Howard, Ron Parker and Spencer Ware cost when they got here? How much do Tyreek Hill, Marcus Peters, Terrance Mitchell, Dee Ford, Chris Jones and Mitch Morse cost this year?

Andy was ****ing horrific in this area. His 2005, 2006, 2010 and 2011 drafts were horrible.
Just ****ing admit it. Dorsey and Ballard were huge losses.
Everyone, EVERYONE associated with the league and the sporting press are absolutely floored by this move. This is a 100% "what in thee fuck are these people thinking"(?)-move. And rightly so.
There's no way to spin out of it; this is a BAD decision.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:27 AM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Says the **** rag that followed a mediocre QB to another team, so much so, that he's posted 4,000 times a year in defense of said QB.

Ka'Do's.
hehe

Are mediocre qbs franchise qbs now?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:32 AM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
hehe

Are mediocre qbs franchise qbs now?
Give him a break; it's very hard to manage so much vitriol and keep everything in its place.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:32 AM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Give him a break; it's very hard to manage so much vitriol and keep everything in its place.

:-)
[Reply]
FringeNC 06:36 AM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

If Reid was not okay with it, he wouldn't have signed his contract. Either Reid wanted Dorsey gone or did not care much he was leaving. And regardless of the real reason(s) Dorsey was fired, that is still a huge deal.
[Reply]
notorious 06:38 AM 06-23-2017
Still not seeing the upside from this move.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:39 AM 06-23-2017

They'll do real interviews. But #Chiefs co-director of player personnel Brett Veach is the name to watch https://t.co/rqD5GlxhIA

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 23, 2017

[Reply]
Page 68 of 137
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Up