ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 679 of 3903
« First < 179579629669675676677678679 68068168268368972977911791679 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:37 PM 03-23-2020
So many commercials I hate right now.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:38 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Yes but if it plays out that way and we find out Covid-19 has a CFR around .2 and has a fairly easily quantified "at risk" category... we need a serious look at future policy. Our current policy is far too emotionally driven for my tastes. Hopefully this episode will make people more jaded and less hysterical in the future.

And YES hysterical is EXACTLY the correct term.

Worldwide, we have become far too feminized when it comes to matters that should be looked at with unemotional clarity.
I have seen a lot of expert speak on the matter not one has seemed emotional, actually you seem to be reacting to this pretty emotionally
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:39 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Maybe once this thing runs its course and 2 years from now the numbers come in you may be right but as of right now almost every expert on pandemics says you are wrong. Who would you put your money on today.
Those numbers aren't from 2 years, they are for the exact same timeline.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 07:40 PM 03-23-2020
I have seen a lot of expert speak on the matter not one has seemed emotional, actually you seem to be reacting to this pretty emotionally
You fool
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:42 PM 03-23-2020
Here is some non political humor for you.

[Reply]
eDave 07:43 PM 03-23-2020
It's not the manner in which it's done, it's the cycle. Over and over again.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:50 PM 03-23-2020
After 24 years in the medical field my emotions have been repressed to the point that I was barely able to muster a mini fist pump during the Super Bowl , sucks the fun out of things sometimes.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:51 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Well aware that, actually. And we probably should have locked down for H1N1.
There should be a measured response strategy that falls in between the minimal response to the 2009-2010 Swine Flu pandemic (other than a few isolated school and summer camp closures, no major societal disruptions) and the COVID-19 pandemic response with the total shutdown of society and the economy.
[Reply]
Donger 07:51 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
It also was way more lethal then the regular flu for a year.

I mean I know you want to ignore the math because it doesn't support your theories.

Simple and plain math figures with timeline, infections and deaths is all I am basing my opinion off of and frankly this response doesn't add up.

We will find out if my opinion is wrong or not though there will be discussion for how much the lockdown impacted things, but to act like the data I have posted is just nonsense is frankly stupid. I see stuff every day from media and experts and the timeline that points towards what I am saying being correct.

Pointing out the genesis of the strain is different doesn't make the argument you think it does.

And to answer you question as to why H1N1 spread here so fast, its because it started here.
The math supports me, not you. You've been shown that, but you either don't understand it, or don't want to because it doesn't fit your agenda.

It actually began in Mexico.

Facts are like kryptonite to you, as normal.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:53 PM 03-23-2020
After 24 years in the medical field my emotions have been repressed to the point that I was barely able to muster a mini fist pump during the Super Bowl , sucks the fun out of things sometimes.
Weird I have 2 good friends who work in medicine and they enjoy the shit out of talking about cases they have been involved in. Hard to get them to stop talking about it sometimes.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:53 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Fauci is 79 years old... in the high risk group... he should take his own advice and social distance himself.
If you want to stay in fantasy land, and never hear any news that contradicts your view of this virus, you should probably also stay off this thread.
[Reply]
Donger 07:55 PM 03-23-2020
Oh well shit dude, never mind any more discussion because that just proved you are back tracking and an idiot.
I'm not backtracking at all. We did lock down to a certain level for H1N1. A national emergency was declared. And it still killed 12,000 people here. And if we hadn't taken the actions we have for COVID-19, which has worse R0 and estimated CFR, we would most likely exceed that based on the R0 and CFR figures we have.

Thankfully, we'll never know what would have happened if we hadn't.
[Reply]
Donger 07:57 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
There should be a measured response strategy that falls in between the minimal response to the 2009-2010 Swine Flu pandemic (other than a few isolated school and summer camp closures, no major societal disruptions) and the COVID-19 pandemic response with the total shutdown of society and the economy.
What we are doing is measured in proportion to the threat numbers. Hopefully, it'll just be for a month and we'll see the results.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:59 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
The math supports me, not you. You've been shown that, but you either don't understand it, or don't want to because it doesn't fit your agenda.

It actually began in Mexico.

Facts are like kryptonite to you, as normal.
No the math doesn't support you and you have already started your pivot with the "we probably should have locked down under H1N1". Yet you say apples and oranges in other comments, no hypocrisy here right?

Yes H1N1 originated in Mexico ( I stand corrected) but blew up in the US.

Edit: We won't agree, I get it. Good night I won't wreck this thread any further with Donger.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:04 PM 03-23-2020
Weird I have 2 good friends who work in medicine and they enjoy the shit out of talking about cases they have been involved in. Hard to get them to stop talking about it sometimes.
I love talking about interesting cases after the fact, while you dealing with it real time it is harder , what is interesting for the medical professionals are not usually that fun for the patient.

Working in a small town finding cancers on friends and family , miscarriages etc I did the X-ray that found my moms CA makes it hard to yuck it up.
[Reply]
Page 679 of 3903
« First < 179579629669675676677678679 68068168268368972977911791679 > Last »
Up