ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 672 of 3903
« First < 172572622662668669670671672 67367467567668272277211721672 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:38 PM 03-23-2020

KCPD Chief Rick Smith - enforcement of the stay at home order isn't KCPD's job. Officers will not be stopping people, and ask for papers.

— Kevin Holmes (@kholmesKSHB) March 23, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:39 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Honestly, if it's 4 total weeks, and they draw that line and then say it'll be enough, then I could get on board. I think most could.
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
This italy is already showing signs of recovery.

I'm down with a 4-6 week shutdown then restarting things in waves.
The whole point of the social distancing was to bend the curve so our health care system doesn’t get swamped and people die because hospitals are full, we don’t have enough ventilators etc.

We haven’t even got to that stress point yet. No one thinks the worst is over.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:41 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The whole point of the social distancing was to bend the curve so our health care system doesn’t get swamped and people die because hospitals are full, we don’t have enough ventilators etc.

We haven’t even got to that stress point yet. No one thinks the worst is over.
Agreed I want to see the gov sell us on lifting lockdowns in a few weeks.

cause in a few weeks NYC will be so far down shits creek it will make Italy and Iran look like Disneyland.
[Reply]
wazu 05:42 PM 03-23-2020

cause in a few weeks NYC will be so far down shits creek it will make Italy and Iran look like Disneyland.
:rolleyes
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:46 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
:rolleyes
have you seen the numbers coming out of NY ?
[Reply]
Donger 05:47 PM 03-23-2020
I don't agree. I think that NY could see 50,000 to 75,000 cases, and no where near the deaths.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:49 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
glad to hear. We are a country that really cherishes our freedom of movement. We need to voluntarily do what’s in our own selfish and communities best interests. We have to choose. Even though there may be beaches full of spring breakers, it’s not worth it to our democracy to involve the police in enforcement.

**** cops stopping Americans asking to see their papers.
[Reply]
tk13 05:53 PM 03-23-2020
The economy isn't turning around until there's a feeling we're ahead of this thing. Doesn't matter if there's a shutdown or not. In fact it could be worse because it'll feel like it's everyone for themselves and people will really be hoarding stuff and still not going to restaurants because there's no confidence anyone who is sick is being isolated, etc.

Then you add in the workforce losses due to illness. This thing was always going to tank the economy. You can't just say oh we need a 2 week shutdown, or a 4 week shutdown. You have to see how it develops. But as long as it feels like things are going downhill it isn't going to be pretty.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:53 PM 03-23-2020
glad to hear. We are a country that really cherishes our freedom of movement. We need to voluntarily do what’s in our own selfish and communities best interests. We have to choose. Even though there may be beaches full of spring breakers, it’s not worth it to our democracy to involve the police in enforcement.

Do you want to contain the virus or not?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:56 PM 03-23-2020
Do you want to contain the virus or not?
If draconian measures is what it takes, then naaah i'm good.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:57 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
The economy isn't turning around until there's a feeling we're ahead of this thing. Doesn't matter if there's a shutdown or not. In fact it could be worse because it'll feel like it's everyone for themselves and people will really be hoarding stuff and still not going to restaurants because there's no confidence anyone who is sick is being isolated, etc.

Then you add in the workforce losses due to illness. This thing was always going to tank the economy. You can't just say oh we need a 2 week shutdown, or a 4 week shutdown. You have to see how it develops. But as long as it feels like things are going downhill it isn't going to be pretty.
Yea, people are going to need to see hard numbers before they try get their lives back to normal.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:57 PM 03-23-2020

Agreed. My family and I don’t go anywhere except the grocery, the local park for exercise and I go to my essential services job. We social distance and I wish everyone did. But not at the expense of our most precious value. It sucks that people have and will continue to die from this. The total number of Americans who die from Covid-19 will not come close to touching the number of Americans who sacrificed to give us our freedom.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:58 PM 03-23-2020
Y'all gonna be tripping when the Chinese-style social credit system comes here in the next few years.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:59 PM 03-23-2020

You have no idea what everything will look like in a few weeks, so just stop.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:59 PM 03-23-2020
Y'all gonna be tripping when the Chinese-style social credit system comes here in the next few years.
Hard fucking pass
[Reply]
Page 672 of 3903
« First < 172572622662668669670671672 67367467567668272277211721672 > Last »
Up