ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 107
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 05:18 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The stadium will be generally safe during games with extra security/police, but the planned entertainment area around the new stadium will be another crime infested mess like the Plaza and Power & Light.
They had extra security today and look what happened
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:27 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
You're talking a max of 34,000 people compared to hundreds of thousands if not a million+.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:31 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Is anyone really surprised by this? The predominantly black neighborhoods east of downtown are shooting galleries and everyone knows it from the mayor to KCPD. It's a drug and cock measuring area where education and civility don't exist. Dumb people do dumb things. Unfortunately, this nonsense spilled over to today's celebration.

My hope is that Mayor Q and law enforcement grow a pair and finally start dealing with these cockroaches.
Chris Rock spoke to this
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:58 AM 02-15-2024
Is anyone really surprised by this? The predominantly black neighborhoods east of downtown are shooting galleries and everyone knows it from the mayor to KCPD. It's a drug and cock measuring area where education and civility don't exist. Dumb people do dumb things. Unfortunately, this nonsense spilled over to today's celebration.

My hope is that Mayor Q and law enforcement grow a pair and finally start dealing with these cockroaches.
Every urban area in the US
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:06 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
There's never a way to make any event 100% safe. It is what it is. If you want to stay inside your house all day you are free to do so.

There's pieces of shit in every race. Cops don't care if one piece of shit kills another in a bad neighborhood, nor should they.

Keep it in those neighborhoods and hopefully ppl are smart enough to avoid those areas. What happened at the parade - shouldn't change that.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:07 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Found our new d tackle if Jones walks
I’ll tackle that shit all night long!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:44 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
I don't live in KC anymore and don't know the area, but isn't this perception alone going to be a challenge for the families that are the primary attendees at the K for the new stadium site?
Originally Posted by Best22:
I always feel comfortable going downtown

However it is easier to access from high crime neighborhoods though. The Truman Sports Complex isn’t surrounded by a particularly nice area, but there’s no reason for criminals to just be over there unless they’re interested in attending the games. The same won’t be true for a downtown stadium. But Kansas City won’t be the only town with a downtown stadium. Baltimore and Detroit have NFL and MLB stadiums downtown and still get good crowds
The area around Bush stadium in St. Louis is crime infested but they still draw 3 million there every year.
[Reply]
nychief 06:45 AM 02-15-2024
Wow, this thread devolved into a race baiting shitstorm lead by the braintrust.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:45 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
Now do the stats for Chicago, where the most strict gun laws in the country are. Does the defination of simple change?
This catastrophic event is so sad, depressing and sickening it is beyond words. I have read this entire thread trying to get an understanding of what happened and it is beyond my comprehension how horrible this is.

That being said, having lived in Chicagoland for 18 years, the Chicago gun violence was in the news constantly and daily. On Monday there would be regular update of how many were shot and killed over the weekend similar to our weather reports in SW Missouri.

The strict gun laws created a whole new industry and money making opportunity for the low life thugs in that horrible environment. They would traffic weapons in from out of state via single moms, wives etc. that needed the extra income.

The laws did make it harder for law abiding citizens to own a weapon though, with all new hurdles to jump over and a new source of tax for the local government.

One might say, if we make the gun laws this strict in every state, then that would fix it. That has worked so well with fentanyl and other things, surely it would work this time.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:05 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
There's never a way to make any event 100% safe. It is what it is. If you want to stay inside your house all day you are free to do so.

There's pieces of shit in every race. Cops don't care if one piece of shit kills another in a bad neighborhood, nor should they.

Keep it in those neighborhoods and hopefully ppl are smart enough to avoid those areas. What happened at the parade - shouldn't change that.
It appears as though it wasn’t kept in those neighborhoods though, so why wouldn’t yesterday change anything?
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:06 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Okchief80:
We should definitely do nothing. Nothing has really helped with gun violence. We are a stupid nation when it comes to gun laws but this will be old news in a couple days. No one gives a shit.
Who said anything about doing nothing? There is a shit ton to be done!

Now I am going to wander off to the D.C. thread on the subject before I get my hands slapped or worse, shot.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:09 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Who said anything about doing nothing? There is a shit ton to be done!

Now I am going to wander off to the D.C. thread on the subject before I get my hands slapped or worse, shot.
Yeah, when you have posters like him constantly throwing out bait it’s gets difficult to “not go there”. I started to reply to him as well and then hit the back button. Not falling for it.
[Reply]
kstater 07:11 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Jet Chip Wasp:
Excellent, the thoughts and prayers train has arrived to make everything better

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Katipan 07:23 AM 02-15-2024
I think their logo in the background is an interesting choice.
I'm inclined to roll my eyes with kstater.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:33 AM 02-15-2024
I have a close acquaintance that is dialed into most levels of law enforcement in the area - usually gets me info that's being circulated when things like this go down. This person said they're not revealing anything about the main suspect...which is abnormal that nobody knows anything within the larger law enforcement circle. Make of that what you will. It might be nothing. It might be something.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 107
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up