ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 99
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury
58-4ever 07:13 PM 10-17-2019
This doesn't look good. All updates here.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:59 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yeah, agreed. We're not QUITE to the point where the rest of the division is irrelevant (the Raiders still have a remote shot at it), but in general I care more about how we keep up with the Ravens/Colts/Texans than anyone else.
I agree with this post as far as keeping up with the Ravens/Colts/Texans are concerned.

The AFC West? Not so much.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:59 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
People are missing this and really NE isn't going to go undefeated and we still play them. The #1 seed is still in play if Pat misses 1 game.

All those people saying 4 weeks etc...are out of their mind, Reid isn't ruling Pat our for Sunday eve though its a long shot.

As far as his left ankle goes Pat played little over 1qtr Thursday night so if he plays against the Vikes he has 2.5 weeks of healing on that as well. And NO it wasn't a high ankle sprain.

Overreaction planet in full effect here.
I think 12-4 is our ceiling at this point even if Mahomes could go Sunday. We pretty much blew the 1 seed when we lost easily winnable home games to Indy and Houston, and I don't see how we don't drop at least a couple more games the rest of the season, and that's probably being overly optimistic.

New England has one of the easiest schedules I have ever seen. They basically play 10 weeks against terrible teams and 6 actual contests. I don't see how they lose more than 3 games total.

I think there's also a pretty good chance they go out early in the playoffs, because I don't think their defense is nearly as good as their opponents make it look at this point. But that's a tangentm

But I don't think it's an overreaction at all to say the 1 seed may be out of reach at this point. It's just the reality of our schedule versus theirs, and the position that we put ourselves in even before Mahomes injured his knee. I think it would take a sequence of extraordinary events to bring New England back to the pack in the AFC.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:00 PM 10-21-2019
The 2 seed this year will win 11 games.... book it
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:01 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
LOL at this shit.

Part of the reason I watch the NFL is because it is so competitive. You don't just gamble that shit if the trainers, staff, and Pat himself say he's good and can play you 1000% play him. You don't say oh well if we win one here we will sit him longer. No you got to be cold blooded and don't take chances because you could drop a game at any moment, it's the NFL. Sure if they were RG3ing him yea I get it but it's not that and not the same injury.

If the staff who has 100% more experience than most of these people says he good than he good. Play him.

None of us know any better than Reid and the medical staff and people need to just stop and listen to them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Right.

You can't always go by what a player says when it comes to injuries especially a guy as competitive as Mahomes. Mahomes might say he is ready when he actually isn't because he wants to play with his teammates. Let the doctors handle this and when they think he is ready to go let him out there... Until then people are just going to have to wait and we gotta roll with the players we have.
[Reply]
O.city 06:01 PM 10-21-2019
Terez was just in 610, I didn’t hear the very beginning but he seems to insinuate that we wouldn’t see or shouldn’t see Mahomes until after the bye
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:02 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Terez was just in 610, I didn’t hear the very beginning but he seems to insinuate that we wouldn’t see or shouldn’t see Mahomes until after the bye
Nah don’t believe him
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:03 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I think 12-4 is our ceiling at this point even if Mahomes could go Sunday. We pretty much blew the 1 seed when we lost easily winnable home games to Indy and Houston, and I don't see how we don't drop at least a couple more games the rest of the season, and that's probably being overly optimistic.

New England has one of the easiest schedules I have ever seen. They basically play 10 weeks against terrible teams and 6 actual contests. I don't see how they lose more than 3 games total.

I think there's also a pretty good chance they go out early in the playoffs, because I don't think their defense is nearly as good as their opponents make it look at this point. But that's a tangentm

But I don't think it's an overreaction at all to say the 1 seed may be out of reach at this point. It's just the reality of our schedule versus theirs, and the position that we put ourselves in even before Mahomes injured his knee. I think it would take a sequence of extraordinary events to bring New England back to the pack in the AFC.
NE could lose to any of these teams though not likely all as well as they could lose tonight.

Ravens
Cowboys
Texans
Chiefs
Buffalo
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:03 PM 10-21-2019
No way. He saying what he thinks should happen just like people here.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:04 PM 10-21-2019
Why do you think he was 100% all of last season? He wasn't.
He wasn't literally 100% last season. But he was healthy enough that he could do Mahomes things. He's been a warrior battling through injuries and we've seen hints of good not great mobility. We've also seen a few games where he's had almost no mobility and even struggled to throw off his feet. You can't watch the Texans or Colts second half and not think there was something really bothering him. If a few extra weeks keeps us from seeing that hobbled version of Mahomes, that's a lot more key to a playoff run. Mahomes on an average ankle and knee can beat anyone. Mahomes on a bad ankle is still good but struggled to get by Houston, Indy, and Detroit. If a few weeks gets us to consistent average health that's absolutely huge.

Even if we rush him back out there, he'd have to be absolutely perfect the rest of the way to earn a #2 seed with GB, Minn, Chicago, NE still on our schedule and with NE/Buff playing much easier schedules. A 60% version of Mahomes will not have an easy road vs those teams. It's very possible but it's a pretty big gamble. Because you know what would really suck? If Mahomes battles through injury, doesn't look even close to 100% for the playoffs, AND we don't get a bye week.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:05 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He wasn't literally 100% last season. But he was healthy enough that he could do Mahomes things. He's been a warrior battling through injuries and we've seen hints of good not great mobility. We've also seen a few games where he's had almost no mobility and even struggled to throw off his feet. You can't watch the Texans or Colts second half and not think there was something really bothering him. If a few extra weeks keeps us from seeing that hobbled version of Mahomes, that's a lot more key to a playoff run. Mahomes on an average ankle and knee can beat anyone. Mahomes on a bad ankle is still good but struggled to get by Houston, Indy, and Detroit. If a few weeks gets us to consistent average health that's absolutely huge.

Even if we rush him back out there, he'd have to be absolutely perfect the rest of the way to earn a #2 seed with GB, Minn, Chicago, NE still on our schedule and with NE/Buff playing much easier schedules. A 60% version of Mahomes will not have an easy road vs those teams. It's very possible but it's a pretty big gamble. Because you know what would really suck? If Mahomes battles through injury, doesn't look even close to 100% for the playoffs, AND we don't get a bye week.
I love how everything is worst case scenario.
[Reply]
O.city 06:08 PM 10-21-2019
Perfect to beat them? Nah

Go 2-2 against those 4, win the other 5 and you’re atleast the 2 seed
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:10 PM 10-21-2019
Perfect to beat them? Nah

Go 2-2 against those 4, win the other 5 and you’re atleast the 2 seed
The other 7? We do play NE
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:11 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
LOL at this shit.

Part of the reason I watch the NFL is because it is so competitive. You don't just gamble that shit if the trainers, staff, and Pat himself say he's good and can play you 1000% play him. You don't say oh well if we win one here we will sit him longer. No you got to be cold blooded and don't take chances because you could drop a game at any moment, it's the NFL. Sure if they were RG3ing him yea I get it but it's not that and not the same injury.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
As I said, Patrick is dealing with 2 injuries LEFT ankle and a RIGHT knee ailment.

It's worse if they rush it.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:11 PM 10-21-2019
I look at it this way. In Pat I trust. If he wants to play, and can convince Andy that he's able to play, let him play. I assume he knows more about his own fucking knee than anybody here or any of the talking heads.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:17 PM 10-21-2019
I love how everything is worst case scenario.
Assuming no reinjury, worst case scenario to me is that we rush Mahomes back and we don't get a #1 or #2 seed. Which is very possible. But your best case scenario may not even be ideal. We may get a playoff bye but ride Mahomes at 75% for the playoffs. Even the biggest fans of rushing him back have to be skeptical that he'll be anything close to 100% with that short recovery time.

I have a ton of confidence in a healthy Mahomes. I see the best case scenario being getting Mahomes at 90%-ish or whatever. Period. I'd rather ride the best version of Mahomes for 3 playoff games than a limited version of him for 2.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 99
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up