ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 94
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:02 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I thought Dee had a great year and was going to get a big deal at some point. I didn't think the Chiefs should be that team.

I'm not sure what all the consternation is over unless people think we should have given him a long term deal which I don't see anyone saying.

Its almost like people are arguing over it just to have something to argue.
The consternation comes from the fact that people are scared to death the Chiefs won’t be able to replace his production. That’s always been the issue. They’re worried the Chiefs won’t have any pass rush now.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:04 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If we had stuck with the 3-4.....then I would have been ok with keeping Ford.

Obviously the coaching staff didn’t think he’d fit that well in the 4-3. Right or wrong....we’ll find out how stupid it was.
Don't think I'd have been crazy about signing Ford to the deal that the 49ers gave him, no matter what scheme we were running.

I like Ford a lot, but 28 years old with a surgically repaired back?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:06 PM 03-13-2019
Signing Ford to that deal is grounds for termination, or SOP for John Lynch. Dude overpays like a motherfucker.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 01:08 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I was phone posting from a pickup and didn't have a good way to use several words to relay the fact that I think we're spinning our wheels while our best seasons of Mahomes tick down.

My point is that Grigson was a horseshit GM that got a single pick right...and then proceeded to do very little around that pick to take full advantage of it. Now we are admittedly early on in the Veach era (who, for the record, wasn't even the guy who MADE said pick), but Imma need to see a LOT more than I've seen from him thus far.

Again, just throwing stupid money at Watkins and Matthieu doesn't impress me. Spending more than the other guy is willing to spend ain't that tough.

Go rehab Hitchens and make his contract an asset. Go get Fuller signed below market like Dorsey was able to do with Kelce (what a goddamn steal that's been). Go sign a Mitchell Schwartz at a !@#$ing HEIST of a contract.

Go do half of what Dorsey did before you. Because right now I see a guy that's willing to spend on credit and take sub-optimal trades to get rid of his most talented defenders.

He's not been very impressive at all and the only difference between what he's done and what Grigson did was time. He's two steps down the path to Grigsonville and he'd better find a different one to walk in a hurry.
If Veach pulls anything as mindnumbingly stupid as the Trent Richardson trade, you might have a case. That was terrible BEFORE it all went to hell.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 01:13 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The consternation comes from the fact that people are scared to death the Chiefs won’t be able to replace his production. That’s always been the issue. They’re worried the Chiefs won’t have any pass rush now.
NEXT SEASON. Worried about replacing his production next season. KC's is currently in a championship window. Don't understand the logic of creating wholes to fill when we were a play away from Super Bowl.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:15 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
With any luck we can use it on free agent deal for this year
I’d give Jacksonville the 2nd rounder for Ramsey.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:16 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
NEXT SEASON. Worried about replacing his production next season. KC's is currently in a championship window. Don't understand the logic of creating wholes to fill when we were a play away from Super Bowl.
Overpaying for guys like Ford is what separates the Patriots from the rest of the league.

That and cheating.... and a QB taking money under the table. But still...
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:17 PM 03-13-2019
"I don't understand the logic of spending this much to trade up for a QB in the first round when the Chiefs are so close to going over the top, and that 1st and 3rd round pick could have been used to help make that happen."

-A bunch of draft gurus, April 2017
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:18 PM 03-13-2019
Alabama education at work.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 01:19 PM 03-13-2019
Ford sucks, be glad your team didn't waste money signing him to a big contract. If Ford was any good, SF would have had to surrender a 1st round pick in 2020, but they gave up a 2nd in 2020 which is essentially like a 4th round pick in 2019 draft.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 01:21 PM 03-13-2019
Ford is a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 DE, that's just one reason to let him go...
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 01:22 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
In that 10 sack season he got almost all his sacks in a 3 or 4 game stretch. Other than that he was a non factor for the majority of the season. He played well this year no doubt but how many times has the contract season performance come back to haunt teams? It hurt us twice with Houston and Berry. Knowing his history would you truly feel comfortable paying him close to what SF did?
No one is saying we should have signed him to a long term deal. But given his production at $16MM is a BARGAIN. Especially when you consider WE JUST PAID A Strong Safety $14 MILLION PER!!!

Which by the way is looking worse and worse with every signing. We're paying Mathieu more per year than Earl Thomas is getting from the Ravens.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 01:24 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Overpaying for guys like Ford is what separates the Patriots from the rest of the league.

That and cheating.... and a QB taking money under the table. But still...
LOL... We are overpaying for a FREAKING STRONG SAFETY... But $16MM for the guy who lead the league in pressures last year? Too much...
[Reply]
staylor26 01:24 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Ford sucks, be glad your team didn't waste money signing him to a big contract. If Ford was any good, SF would have had to surrender a 1st round pick in 2020, but they gave up a 2nd in 2020 [B]which is essentially like a 4th round pick in 2019 draft.[B{
Lol wut?

The value of a future pick is a 1 round difference, not 2.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 01:25 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Alabama education at work.
... at least you feel better about yourself... :-)
[Reply]
Page 67 of 94
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up