ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 103
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 09:37 AM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Parker and Okwuegbunum would be a really dynamic duo if Albert O returns next year.

If they land Bryant, schedule sets up to do some damage.
Do we have a realistic shot?
[Reply]
Sully 09:41 AM 11-18-2018
Parker and Okwuegbunum would be a really dynamic duo if Albert O returns next year.

If they land Bryant, schedule sets up to do some damage.
So you think Parker sticks at TE?
I just wonder because his Sr year in HS he was such an amazing DE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:09 AM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:

Yes, I think so. Lot of competition for him, but Mizzou has a legitimate chance. He likes Odom a lot and has raves about Dooley’s offense.

Auburn is the biggest threaT, IMO.

Originally Posted by Sully:
So you think Parker sticks at TE?
I just wonder because his Sr year in HS he was such an amazing DE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think so, at this point. He’s a difference maker there and it’s probably his best NFL position.

Originally Posted by Coach:
Is there any concerns on MU fans on losing Lock? Is the back-up young and has potential?

It's big when a team loses a possible Day 1/Day 2 QB.

The roster is pretty trash at QB behind Lock right now. They need Bryant badly.

Connor Bazelac, the incoming freshman QB, is a good prospect but shouldn’t start Day 1.

They’re in some trouble next year if Bryant goes elsewhere.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:23 AM 11-18-2018
https://youtu.be/KWrMN-QxqvU
:-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:28 AM 11-18-2018
Good god.. how did we live through standard definition broadcasts?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:29 AM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
Is there any concerns on MU fans on losing Lock? Is the back-up young and has potential?

It's big when a team loses a possible Day 1/Day 2 QB.
There's not even a guy I'm comfortable with as a BACKUP behind Lock. If they dont get Bryant they're a potential 3 win team. With Bryant they could do 8-9 again because of an extremely favorable schedule. That's how awful the QB situation is, IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:30 AM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Good god.. how did we live through standard definition broadcasts?
The day my first child was born wasn't nearly as awe inspiring as the first time I saw a baseball game in high definition...
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:31 AM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Heard it's probably not a great one. We should keep fingers crossed that we skullfuck the Hogs so hard that we pull him away.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:36 AM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Heard it's probably not a great one. We should keep fingers crossed that we skullfuck the Hogs so hard that we pull him away.
Everything I've seen/heard has us no worse than 3rd. And Arkansas is losing ground fast. Morris is the only reason they have any shot at all and that appears to be fading.

I just don't have any faith in Odom closing the deal. He's been at the helm as our QB room has turned to shit; why should I expect some abrupt turnaround?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:39 AM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Everything I've seen/heard has us no worse than 3rd. And Arkansas is losing ground fast. Morris is the only reason they have any shot at all and that appears to be fading.

I just don't have any faith in Odom closing the deal. He's been at the helm as our QB room has turned to shit; why should I expect some abrupt turnaround?
I've heard Arky are favorites, although it'd be hilarious if the dude went elsewhere where and declared it on Morris's birthday.

I'm not convinced Odom can close the deal either. What, he finally got his first 4 star verbal finally after 3 years?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:48 AM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I've heard Arky are favorites, although it'd be hilarious if the dude went elsewhere where and declared it on Morris's birthday.

I'm not convinced Odom can close the deal either. What, he finally got his first 4 star verbal finally after 3 years?

From Arkansas fans?

I mean, he might still go there, but I’m a lot more worried about Miami and Auburn than Arkansas.

Recent chatter I’ve seen has been about Auburn, Mizzou, and Florida/Miami.

I think a big part of Odom’s struggles with QBs was Heupel, who wanted no part of local product Graham Mertz.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:54 AM 11-18-2018
I mean, I get the connection to Arkansas. But if I’m Bryant and trying to showcase myself for the NFL one more time, just knowing Chad Morris really well is a lot less important to me than the the players I’d be playing with.

At Auburn, he’s playing for Malzahn, who has done well with QBs of his style before and got them ready for the NFL. He also has a good OL and good all-around talent on the offense around him.

At Miami and Florida, you’ve got Richt and Mullen and great talent.

Even at Mizzou, you’ve got a very nice supporting cast - good OL, good and deep RB stable, potentially two very good TEs, and some exciting options at WR.

Arkansas lags far behind all those options in terms of the help Bryant would have Year 1.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:28 PM 11-18-2018
Bowl Projections.

CBS:
Music City vs Boston College

SB Nation:
Outback vs Michigan State

SI:
Liberty vs Oklahoma State

Orlando Sentinel:
TaxSlayer vs Wisconsin

NBC Sports:
TaxSlayer vs Wisconsin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:14 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Bowl Projections.

CBS:

SB Nation:

SI:

Orlando Sentinel:
TaxSlayer vs Wisconsin

NBC Sports:
TaxSlayer vs Wisconsin

Listening to the local Sports show here in town that regularly has the guy who is involved with the TaxSlayer Bowl, Rick Catlett, you don't hear them talk much about getting Mizzou.

They seem more enamored with Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M or Auburn to match up against Wisconsin.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:48 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Bowl Projections.

CBS:

SB Nation:

SI:

Orlando Sentinel:
TaxSlayer vs Wisconsin

NBC Sports:
TaxSlayer vs Wisconsin

I just hope bowls stop trying to wedge us into matchups with the B12.

I was hoping for a UCF loss because I BADLY want a shot at them but that's clearly not going to happen. There are more interesting Big 10 matchups than B12, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 103
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up