ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 666 of 791
« First < 166566616656662663664665666 667668669670676716766 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:00 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Ross is made of glass
And if he continues to be made of glass, you're out nothing. If he suddenly sacks up and plays 16 games, you hit the lottery.

There's no reason not to do it.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:04 AM 03-28-2019
I like Dieter. He should make the roster as our a slot receiver
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:08 AM 03-28-2019
Can anyone explain to me how Veach wouldn't have made any effort to sign Trey Flowers but then would be willing to give arguably a 1st round pick to sign Clowney who is basically the same position, the same age, the same massive contract if not more and who's a similar player (maybe a bit better), etc? Unless Veach actually was interested in Flowers but there never were any rumors.

I keep thinking PP makes too much sense. I'm not sure he's worth that much but I'd possibly be willing to give up to two 2nd round picks.

With him, you have a strong secondary, and you have him for two years on a reasonable deal before you let him go and recoup some of those picks with a 3rd round compensatory pick.

You get PP, you draft your top passrusher with the 1st round pick and you add a few defensive players (LB and CB) with your other draft picks or FAs and this looks like a real nice defense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:09 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Can anyone explain to me how Veach wouldn't have made any effort to sign Trey Flowers but then would be willing to give arguably a 1st round pick to sign Clowney who is basically the same position, the same age, the same massive contract if not more and who's a similar player (maybe a bit better), etc? Unless Veach actually was interested in Flowers but there never were any rumors.

I keep thinking PP makes too much sense. I'm not sure he's worth that much but I'd possibly be willing to give up to two 2nd round picks.

With him, you have a strong secondary, and you have him for two years on a reasonable deal before you let him go and recoup some of those picks with a 3rd round compensatory pick.

You get PP, you draft your top passrusher with the 1st round pick and you add a few defensive players (LB and CB) with your other draft picks or FAs and this looks like a real nice defense.
:-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM 03-28-2019
That's the route of least resistance for sure. Wouldn't bother me if that's the route they go.

The problem with trading picks for Peterson then wanting a pass rusher at 29 is that there isn't likely to be a guy there that's going to be much of a contributor right away. That guy would theoretically have to be traded up for, which becomes tougher after giving those picks up for PP.

I also think Clowney is a much better player than Flowers but that's just my opinion which is normally wrong.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's the route of least resistance for sure. Wouldn't bother me if that's the route they go.

The problem with trading picks for Peterson then wanting a pass rusher at 29 is that there isn't likely to be a guy there that's going to be much of a contributor right away. That guy would theoretically have to be traded up for, which becomes tougher after giving those picks up for PP.

I also think Clowney is a much better player than Flowers but that's just my opinion which is normally wrong.
I just don't know how badly the Chiefs WANT a premiere pass rusher. I mean, they let Dee Ford go for essentially a 3rd round pick. How much do they actually value it?
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:14 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's a 5th round pick and $2M. It's not like you're out anything if he gets hurt again.
You're out $2M, a pick, and a roster spot, genius.
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I just don't know how badly the Chiefs WANT a premiere pass rusher. I mean, they let Dee Ford go for essentially a 3rd round pick. How much do they actually value it?
I think they valued Ford and liked him a lot. If you listened to Middlekauf he said people in the organization told them they loved Ford, they just had other guys to pay.

Now maybe that's just talk and if they'd liked him THAT much they'd have kept him. I think with the defensive switch he was just the odd man out plus the injury history etc.

They're gonna have to break the bank on Jones so that's probably the pass rusher they value the most, so I don't know that you can put that much money on the DL.

I'm interested to see how they approach the draft. That should tell us a lot if they trade up for a pass rusher etc.
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Which in the grand scheme of things, isn't much.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:25 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

TJ Watt is a guy who was productive right away but I agree in most cases, you're not getting a 8-10 sack guy in the first year passrusher late in the 1st round.

Again, I'd like rather to trade something like a 2nd and 4th for PP but even if you trade two 2nd round picks, you still have a full draft this year and next year and I wouldn't hesitate to trade let's say the remaining 2nd round pick next year to get a real good passrusher.

Veach really has no choice this offseason but to put together a SB squad.
[Reply]
In58men 11:28 AM 03-28-2019
Sources: The #Cowboys and Dolphins have parameters in place on a trade to send pass-rusher Robert Quinn to Dallas. There are still minor issues to work out with Quinn’s agent, but the #Cowboys are expected to land a big piece on the edge of their defense
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
None of which have much value at all, genious.
[Reply]
O.city 11:30 AM 03-28-2019
Damn, if the Phins were gonna eat salary I would have liked to get in on that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Sources: The #Cowboys and Dolphins have parameters in place on a trade to send pass-rusher Robert Quinn to Dallas. There are still minor issues to work out with Quinn’s agent, but the #Cowboys are expected to land a big piece on the edge of their defense
So looks like the Cowboys are worried they won't have Lawrence at all.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:32 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I like Dieter. He should make the roster as our a slot receiver
Another Chris Conley, still waiting for him to really show up. It only makes a limited amount of difference because a player is cheap. We need guys that can make plays.

How about Maxx Williams as our backup blocking tightend?
[Reply]
Page 666 of 791
« First < 166566616656662663664665666 667668669670676716766 > Last »
Up