ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 662 of 791
« First < 162562612652658659660661662 663664665666672712762 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:13 AM 03-28-2019
I'd just give up #29 and call it a day, really.
[Reply]
O.city 09:14 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Houston would never do it, but I'd give up one of our 2nds this year and one of next year's 2nds for him.

Our 2nds aren't valuable enough and they're just not gonna make that move with a team they have to beat in the same conference. We'd have to overpay to get him in here but that's roughly what I'd be willing to give up to do it. I'd consider tossing in our 3rd for their 4th as well but again, I just don't see that happening.

He's an ideal fit for this defense, possibly the best fit in the game for this defense and this roster. But the $$$ just isn't there to make this an easy thing to do. The only reason I consider it is the very real possibility that the Chiefs are either forced to move on from Hill or choose not to extend him.
I think the HIll extension is pretty dicey and not very likely at this point even if he gets cleared.

I'd replace that extension with Clowney but you'd probably have to give up a first plus to get him from the Texans.

I don't see them doing it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:16 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I'd just give up #29 and call it a day, really.
I'd do it, even moreso because I don't really feel like you can get at player at 29 that would ever be of Clowney's status.

But I don't see it
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:17 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd do it, even moreso because I don't really feel like you can get at player at 29 that would ever be of Clowney's status.

But I don't see it
This draft is terrible Thursday if you're not going early, so I'd rather just give that up and be done with it. If the Texans say no, well rent Ansah for a year and move on. Wouldn't pay anything over that.

If the Texans feel Clowney wont sign the tag, they should take the offer.
[Reply]
O.city 09:19 AM 03-28-2019
This draft is terrible Thursday if you're not going early, so I'd rather just give that up and be done with it. If the Texans say no, well rent Ansah for a year and move on. Wouldn't pay anything over that.
It definitely feels a lot like if they don't trade up from 29 to get someone, the guy they take at 29 would be very similar to who gets taken at say 45.

Give me an impact guy over just your run of the mill guy.
[Reply]
O.city 09:19 AM 03-28-2019

Andy Reid is pretty sure Brett Veach has a couple more tricks up his sleeve in free agencyhttps://t.co/7HsrAbc8uZ

— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) March 28, 2019

Can I post this here without getting flamed? Don't shoot me im the messenger.
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 03-28-2019
I don't think they'd move a first for him, even with it being 29.

Belicheck would do it.
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:27 AM 03-28-2019

ha ha ha!! even this bitch gets a giant fucking Q!!
[Reply]
In58men 09:28 AM 03-28-2019

Great so Reid’s under investigation too?
[Reply]
nychief 09:28 AM 03-28-2019

This is great and all.... but what free agency moves could he possibly make th that have an impact? Free agency is over within 24hrs. I mean I guess Suh... but he is a shadow of his former self and is a mercenary at that. I'm guessing maybe we bring Bailey back? This is the dregs.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:29 AM 03-28-2019
I don't think they'd move a first for him, even with it being 29.

Belicheck would do it.
On first glance, I'd say the Texans would be fucking stupid to entertain the idea to a conference rival.

On the other hand, Clowney himself could nuke this and really make it to where they should take any good offer and run if it's out of the division. If he doesn't show up at all, they aren't getting impact from him and will later get a end of 3rd round pick at best.

Value for him is a bit lower with how stacked the edges are and the class being the way it is would make this the best time to move on.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:32 AM 03-28-2019

Brooke Pryor can still get fucked by a camel and so can you for the mere possibility of giving her additional clicks.
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:33 AM 03-28-2019
On first glance, I'd say the Texans would be fucking stupid to entertain the idea to a conference rival.

On the other hand, Clowney himself could nuke this and really make it to where they should take any good offer and run if it's out of the division. If he doesn't show up at all, they aren't getting impact from him and will later get a end of 3rd round pick at best.

Value for him is a bit lower with how stacked the edges are and the class being the way it is would make this the best time to move on.
i like you way of thinking. like remember that time we traded peters for a 2nd rounder, for next year?
now stay with me here. remember that one time we traded der ford for a 2nd rounder, for next year?

lets all hope that clowney says fuck you texans!! and we trade for him AFTER the draft!!!! and that its a 3rd rounder, in 2021!!!! BOOM!! MISCHIEF MANAGED!!!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:34 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I think if Tank and KC can work out a deal then - yeah - that's different
What about Turk? Is he still in the pea patch?

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Brooke Pryor can still get fucked by a camel and so can you for the mere possibility of giving her additional clicks.
Amen, lil' buddy.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:34 AM 03-28-2019
The more I think about it, the more i'd probably not do the Clowney thing. I'm obviously higher on him than most, but the Chiefs need to use those draft picks and find that type of player for cheap.

I'm guessing there's another signing or two of mid tier free agents that can fill and play while draft picks get up to speed.
I don't agree. I want to win a Super Bowl this year. That means adding immediate impact players that fit and as far as I can tell we've lost Ford/Houston/Berry/Bailey thus far and added Matthieu/Breeland/Okafor/Wilson and that's not a net gain in terms of playmaking ability.

The Tyreek Hill situation has already opened my eyes to the possibility that this Mahomesian dynasty we all want to imagine could be short-circuited by random, unforeseen events, so I'd rather err on the side of being more aggressive in a situation like this now, even if it might leave us in a slightly more difficult cap situation in future years.

Don't get me wrong: I don't think we should mortgage any future. Just a bias I would have going into this next season from this point forward.
[Reply]
Page 662 of 791
« First < 162562612652658659660661662 663664665666672712762 > Last »
Up