ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 107
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:31 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
I don't live in KC anymore and don't know the area, but isn't this perception alone going to be a challenge for the families that are the primary attendees at the K for the new stadium site?
The stadium will be generally safe during games with extra security/police, but the planned entertainment area around the new stadium will be another crime infested mess like the Plaza and Power & Light.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:32 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The stadium will be generally safe during games with extra security/police, but the planned entertainment area around the new stadium will be another crime infested mess like the Plaza and Power & Light.
Power & Light is really safe and pretty much crime free.
[Reply]
Womble 12:34 AM 02-15-2024
Question from someone who doesn't know much/anything about the justice system in KC:

Assuming the main shooter is found guilty at their trial, how likely is it that they will receive a death sentence?

It really shouldn't matter to me but I feel quite strongly that this person deserves to die.
[Reply]
Best22 12:36 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
Question from someone who doesn't know much/anything about the justice system in KC:

Assuming the main shooter is found guilty at their trial, how likely is it that they will receive a death sentence?

It really shouldn't matter to me but I feel quite strongly that this person deserves to die.
Highly doubt it.

Will probably be a long prison term though. Still have to wait for more details, not sure about the age of perpetrators, but this is now a high profile case
[Reply]
Frazod 12:36 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Is anyone really surprised by this? The predominantly black neighborhoods east of downtown are shooting galleries and everyone knows it from the mayor to KCPD. It's a drug and cock measuring area where education and civility don't exist. Dumb people do dumb things. Unfortunately, this nonsense spilled over to today's celebration.

My hope is that Mayor Q and law enforcement grow a pair and finally start dealing with these cockroaches.
The day before we went to the Bears game, my buddy and I went downtown to visit the WWI Memorial. I was born in Kansas City, but haven't lived there since I was a baby 58 years ago. I have zero familiarity with the area outside of parts of Lees Summit and Arrowhead. Anyway, I stopped for gas at a station downtown right off I-70 and was amazed by how awful the neighborhood was. I was glad it was broad daylight. And that I was armed.

The museum was awesome, though.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 12:39 AM 02-15-2024
Ok the last time I was in KC I was shocked what had become of the Plaza. I worked at the Alameda hotel down there in the 80s. Curious about Westport at night now?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:39 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The day before we went to the Bears game, my buddy and I went downtown to visit the WWI Memorial. I was born in Kansas City, but haven't lived there since I was a baby 58 years ago. I have zero familiarity with the area outside of parts of Lees Summit and Arrowhead. Anyway, I stopped for gas at a station downtown right off I-70 and was amazed by how awful the neighborhood was. I was glad it was broad daylight. And that I was armed.

The museum was awesome, though.
Its like every big city nowadays. Some nice, typically gentrified, areas and then a lot of crumbling infrastructure infested with poverty and violence.

I actually think KC has done a decent enough job compared to many other cities.

Driving through St. Louis on I-70 north of the Arch looks like bombed out Afghanistan. It’s insane.

KC looks like the Emerald City in comparison.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:40 AM 02-15-2024
Extra security/police? There were 900+ downtown today.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 01:03 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
No it’s not. Lol

https://amp.kansascity.com/news/loca...e23309751.html
[Reply]
KingPriest2 01:03 AM 02-15-2024
https://amp.kansascity.com/news/loca...263155928.html
[Reply]
KingPriest2 01:04 AM 02-15-2024
https://fox4kc.com/news/police-ident...-district/amp/
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:03 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
Glad you and your family made it out safely. Rasputin was hard to kill if my memory serves me.

Yeah my PTSD kinda hit me though but I had to focus on getting all of us out of there alive!

Im so thankful today for life and especially family and friends like I have here.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:24 AM 02-15-2024
Now nobody in my family wants to go back to Kansas City and that makes me sad. I feel like it's my second home when I come to visit. Damn you shooters to Hell.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:28 AM 02-15-2024
:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:29 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Now nobody in my family wants to go back to Kansas City and that makes me sad. I feel like it's my second home when I come to visit. Damn you shooters to Hell.
Glad your family made it out OK, bud
[Reply]
Page 66 of 107
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Up