ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 192
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:41 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
Whos rankings are these?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:43 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Whos rankings are these?
That's DraftBuzz.com's rankings.

Thought I saw yesterday that Mel Kiper didn't include Franklin in his Top 10 WRs.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:52 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Burton didn’t make the list? Who else got left out?
Burton has been pretty universally rated in the late 90s to around 115.

Javon Baker is the only other one I've seen fluctuate quite a bit.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:58 PM 02-19-2024
One guy I think you guys should put some time into is Jacob Cowing. We all know how Reid likes his minis. Kid is a player.
[Reply]
O.city 02:58 PM 02-19-2024
Explain to me again guys, why am I not supposed to like Corley?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:01 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Explain to me again guys, why am I not supposed to like Corley?
He doesn't run routes and doesn't have blazing speed. There are quality of competition concerns and he's undersized. At best, he's a Skyy Moore level prospect.

You can like him in the 4th round. Don't like him before that.
[Reply]
wachashi 04:07 PM 02-19-2024
I watch Corley's tape and I see a lot of poor tackling (bad competition). "YAC King" is a cool moniker though.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:36 PM 02-19-2024
Dropping this here. This is the group that charts WRs & QBs and puts out the route tree graphics each year.

The NFL season is officially over, which means we are fully in #ReceptionPerception charting season. Here's the official player release schedule for the website this offseason.

Only major change from prior seasons is that I've bumped up the timeline for prospect profiles and… pic.twitter.com/p85JZUvIX7

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) February 13, 2024

[Reply]
iSavedLatin 04:36 PM 02-19-2024
Corley’s work at the senior bowl was impressive. His cuts were sharp and his short area quickness jumped out.

Level of competition notwithstanding, it’s hard to ignore his elite contact balance and aggressive running style.

As crow mentioned earlier, Cowing is one to watch. He’s super quick and can uncover as fast as anyone in the draft class.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:42 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Agreed. I wouldn’t be surprised if we waited until the third round to pick a WR because of how deep this class is. I would be surprised at all if we draft fatties for our first two picks. I’d bet DT with our first and OL with our 2nd.

This is our wr room by regular season receiving yards.

Rice
Watson
MVS
Skyy Moore
Kad Toney
Mecole Hardman free agent
Richie James free agent
Justyn Ross

Whether we like it or not, I expect MVS, skyy and Toney to be back. I also expect Ross to be back. Will we resign Hardman? I don’t know. If he’s cheap, we might. Richie James is gone. We also need a punt returner. The depth at WR in this draft might allow us to take a WR later and Our oline and dline are more of a need.

It would be absolutely moronic to keep a spot on the roster for Skyy Moore who is worse than guys like Chris Conley who were available on other team's practice squads or to pay MVS another year with a 14 MILLION DOLLAR CAP HIT.

Don't even get me started on Toney who the Chiefs coaches did not want to even play when they had 1 decent NFL WR on the roster in Rice.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:54 PM 02-19-2024
Re: Franklin, poking around earlier today I saw that he had a 63% contested catch rate in 2022, so I don't know that it's a huge, huge issue like recent discussion.

But in an Andy Reid offense, does it really matter THAT much.

Originally Posted by kccrow:
Reuter's attempt here seems so far off of consensus that it's bordering on wtf status for me. I'm totally for cutting against the grain a bit, I do the same. But having guys like McKinstry and Franklin in the late 2nd and Suamataia and Nubin in the 3rd screams a bit too loudly at me.
Yeah, his board seems to need quite a bit of work.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:18 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It would be absolutely moronic to keep a spot on the roster for Skyy Moore who is worse than guys like Chris Conley who were available on other team's practice squads or to pay MVS another year with a 14 MILLION DOLLAR CAP HIT.

Don't even get me started on Toney who the Chiefs coaches did not want to even play when they had 1 decent NFL WR on the roster in Rice.
I agree. Toney and MVS are gone. Patrick was so fucking frustrated with both of this year that I think the ship has already sailed for both. I think Moore will have to fight for a roster spot, and could easily lose out, because there are already 3 slot guys in camp next year in Shi Smith, Anthony Miller, and Nikko Remigio and there will no doubt be a few more.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:13 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I agree. Toney and MVS are gone. Patrick was so ****ing frustrated with both of this year that I think the ship has already sailed for both. I think Moore will have to fight for a roster spot, and could easily lose out, because there are already 3 slot guys in camp next year in Shi Smith, Anthony Miller, and Nikko Remigio and there will no doubt be a few more.
I don't care if they bring Skyy to one more training camp but he should be not be guaranteed a spot just because he was drafted high.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:16 PM 02-19-2024
REMIGIO!!! Forgot about that roster stash from last year. He was fun to watch.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:26 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Zero percent chance MVS is back at his cap number.

Pretty close to zero percent chance Toney's back after being a healthy scratch in the playoffs and Super Bowl.

Zero percent chance Moore doesn't enter camp. That doesn't mean he necessarily makes the team, but they won't just cut him out of spite.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 192
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up