ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 74
« First < 16566263646566 67686970 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:09 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
This is where football will have the hardest time, not just because of all the contact, but guys are kind of locked into positions. Marlins lost 4 guys today including the guy who was supposed to pitch today. In baseball a lot of teams have backups who can play multiple positions but football isn't like that at all. Say a team has 2 QBs test positive on a Sunday I don't know what you do.

If there is going to be an NFL season this year, I think we're just going to have to accept that stuff like this is going to happen. Some really bad teams are occasionally going to beat some really good teams if the latter suddenly have to go without a bunch of guys. It's just how it's going to have to be.
[Reply]
Donger 12:13 PM 07-26-2020
I didn't know that baseball was being played. I guess the are kind of the canaries.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:51 PM 07-26-2020
They have probably waited too long. But I think the idea of playing every other week was a good one. Get rid of games between the two conferences. NFC games one week and AFC the next.

The two week break would really help to get players back who test positive but don’t have symptoms.

12 game season over 24 weeks. Push the playoffs and SB later.

Yes I know. Can’t reschedule the SB. Should have done it sooner.

If there are no fans it won’t matter much when it is played.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:45 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
They have probably waited too long. But I think the idea of playing every other week was a good one. Get rid of games between the two conferences. NFC games one week and AFC the next.

The two week break would really help to get players back who test positive but don’t have symptoms.

12 game season over 24 weeks. Push the playoffs and SB later.

Yes I know. Can’t reschedule the SB. Should have done it sooner.

If there are no fans it won’t matter much when it is played.
I'm not sure that would really avoid the issue. Players are likely going to bring it in from outside too, and that could happen the day before a game even if they were two weeks apart.
[Reply]
tk13 11:10 PM 07-26-2020
Unfortunately the Marlins story is worth watching. Couldn't make it out of the first weekend without having to worry. Their home opener is tomorrow, but they postponed their flight tonight and are planning to fly in to Miami tomorrow before the game. I'm assuming they're waiting on test results before heading back. The guys who tested positive have to quarantine in the Philly hotel.

Miami Marlins postpone trip home amid fear of virus outbreak.@steve_wine >> https://t.co/ZZGPFgJlzo

— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) July 26, 2020

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:17 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm not sure that would really avoid the issue. Players are likely going to bring it in from outside too, and that could happen the day before a game even if they were two weeks apart.
The strategy isn’t to guarantee a player never misses a game. But players that test positive but have no symptoms shouldn’t miss more than one game.

And if a player from the opponent you have just played tests positive, you have a bigger window to quarantine players but still get them back before the next game.

But I’m still holding out hope for a test that is quick enough you could test every player and get results before that very practice or game.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:25 AM 07-27-2020
The every other week (only 12 game schedule) should also reduce the number of players lost to normal injuries. Since they have fewer games to get injured and an extra week to get back on the field. So that would help make up for players lost to covid.

Although a downside of the 12 game schedule makes each game more important and missing key players a bigger deal.

Virus aside, instead of adding more games to the regular season it seems like they should just add more bye weeks.
[Reply]
scho63 02:37 AM 07-27-2020
4 Marlins players tested positive.

At this rate I may get called up from Triple K league
[Reply]
Rausch 02:48 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
4 Marlins players tested positive.

At this rate I may get called up from Triple K league
Most are asymptomatic. Some will come down with it and when they do isolate them and move on...
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:16 AM 07-27-2020

The #Marlins remain in Philadelphia with as many as 12 of their players and coaches having tested positive for COVID-19 in recent days.

— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) July 27, 2020

Tonight’s game just got canceled
[Reply]
bowener 07:27 AM 07-27-2020
All everybody had to do was wear a fucking mask and be intelligent for a few more months, but no. We're being held hostage fucking retards. This season is going to be as retarded as they are.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:33 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:

Tonight’s game just got canceled
Well, that's disheartening.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:35 AM 07-27-2020
Go buy an island and put in some football fields. Only halfway joking.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:43 AM 07-27-2020
If the Phillies or Braves have an outbreak that can be traced to the Marlins, it's over.
[Reply]
O.city 07:52 AM 07-27-2020
Don’t the Phillies and umpires all quarantine for 14 days now?
[Reply]
Page 66 of 74
« First < 16566263646566 67686970 > Last »
Up