ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 94
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
My argument has always been for him to prove his consistency. Again, you can find me saying that same exact shit LAST season.

He has ALWAYS shown ability. When he was on the field, the talent was clear.

The issue has been health, and ive never argued against that.

Which is why my position has always been to take a 1 year flyer on him to see if can consistently stay healthy or not.
I'd have no problem with a 1-year flyer if it wasn't at a "top 5" price tag. You don't pay big bucks on experiments unless you're trying to cure cancer or something.
[Reply]
FAX 11:25 AM 03-13-2019
It's what you wrote, man. I responded exactly to what you said. The sentence is pretty clear. You're asserting that he only played as he did because of a contract year.

And i'm stating, no, he's no different than what he's always been.
We are simpatico on that point, Mr. Detoxing.

FAX
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:26 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Honestly, I hope these posts are for general purpose reading and not directed to (or at) me.

I currently have Veach at negative 844 Veachy Power Points. Minus 844!! He only received 1.5 VPPs after the Mathieu deal. At this rate, it will take him 50 years to break even! I can't wait that long for a SB victory.

What makes you think that because I think Dorsey is a near-illiterate, math-challenged moron who has risen to the historical limits of the Peter Principle, that I harbor some fantastical love for Veach?

It's like the Twilight Zone in here.

FAX
No, that wasn't directed at you, but rather the 2019 version of CP's offseason hive mind.
[Reply]
FAX 11:27 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's funny.

The accusation was that Dorsey was the bee's knees here until he got fired, and now he sucks.

Well, Dee Ford was one of the least popular draft picks here in recent memory, less popular than Eric freaking Fisher, and by year 3, everybody wanted him gone.

He turns in one good season and now he's irreplaceable. Talk about double standards.
I'm missing him and Dorsey more with every passing moment.

It's heartbreaking.

FAX
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 03-13-2019
No, that wasn't directed at you, but rather the 2019 version of CP's offseason hive mind.
I hope you're not suggesting that's me, since virtually NOBODY here agrees with me, on either side of the debate. :-)
[Reply]
FAX 11:29 AM 03-13-2019
I believe this is the second time on this thread-thing that I've had to say I don't align myself with the hive mind. ChiefPlanets ... or anyone else's.

Perhaps we should consider asking one of the elders to represent the Hive Mind Poster? I nominate Mr. Bob Dole.

That should work out well.

FAX
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:30 AM 03-13-2019
No double standard. I never agreed with any of that Dee Ford Hate. Neither did DJ.

You've completely made that up.

I've been in Dee's corner since he started showing up during his 10 sack season.
Correct - I loved the Dee Ford pick. I even defended the dude during his infamous 'run away' play and never understood this idea that he was supposed to just take a job away from Hali/Houston, two of the better pass-rushers in franchise history.

I was worried that the back injury in 2017 would be more debilitating than it was. Once it was clear that the surgery would trigger that 5th year option, I hoped for the best and that's exactly what we got.

I've never been Anti-Ford, nor have I ever been Anti-Dorsey (or Fisher, for that matter).

My record ain't hard to flesh out because I'm not exactly demure in asserting it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
What makes you think that because I think Dorsey is a near-illiterate, math-challenged moron who has risen to the historical limits of the Peter Principle, that I harbor some fantastical love for Veach?
Admit it.

You just hate sweatshirts and chewing gum.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Correct - I loved the Dee Ford pick. I even defended the dude during his infamous 'run away' play and never understood this idea that he was supposed to just take a job away from Hali/Houston, two of the better pass-rushers in franchise history.

I was worried that the back injury in 2017 would be more debilitating than it was. Once it was clear that the surgery would trigger that 5th year option, I hoped for the best and that's exactly what we got.

I've never been Anti-Ford, nor have I ever been Anti-Dorsey (or Fisher, for that matter).

My record ain't hard to flesh out because I'm not exactly demure in asserting it.
If I knew what that word meant, I might agree.

Fucking lawyers and their gibberish.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:34 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If I knew what that word meant, I might agree.

Fucking lawyers and their gibberish.
shy, unassuming, and reserved
[Reply]
O.city 11:35 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
shy, unassuming, and reserved
Thank you
[Reply]
tredadda 12:48 PM 03-13-2019
No double standard. I never agreed with any of that Dee Ford Hate. Neither did DJ.

I've been in Dee's corner since he started showing up during his 10 sack season.
In that 10 sack season he got almost all his sacks in a 3 or 4 game stretch. Other than that he was a non factor for the majority of the season. He played well this year no doubt but how many times has the contract season performance come back to haunt teams? It hurt us twice with Houston and Berry. Knowing his history would you truly feel comfortable paying him close to what SF did?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:52 PM 03-13-2019
If we had stuck with the 3-4.....then I would have been ok with keeping Ford.

Obviously the coaching staff didn’t think he’d fit that well in the 4-3. Right or wrong....we’ll find out how stupid it was.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:54 PM 03-13-2019

I thought Dee had a great year and was going to get a big deal at some point. I didn't think the Chiefs should be that team.

I'm not sure what all the consternation is over unless people think we should have given him a long term deal which I don't see anyone saying.

Its almost like people are arguing over it just to have something to argue.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:56 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Ford 6'2" 243
Thomas 6'3 255

Ford Played DE at a college in Alabama
Thomas Played DE at a college in Alabama

Ford Converted to OLB in pro's
Thomas Converted to OLB in pro's

Ford Elite first step
Thomas Elite first step

Ford Liability against the run and pass pro
Thomas Liability against the run and pass pro

But they are literally NOTHING alike... fucking idiot...
Hey look everyone! Derrick Thomas and Dee Ford are exactly alike on paper before taking an NFL snap!

Brilliant comparison, Mr. Bamajamma-moron!

Oh my God; what WERE we thinking?!?!?! Someone get SF on the phone RIGHT NOW! We need to rescind this trade! And goddamnit, someone tell the folks in Canton to start stitching up another gold jacket IMMEDIATELY!

Comparing Derrick Thomas to Dee Ford tells me that someone needs to stop typing and concentrate on breathing. Breathing first, then maybe try combining breathing with walking, breathing with walking and chewing bubble gum, then finally breathing while thinking. Typing should come much later.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 94
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Up