ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 107
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:41 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Just hang the ****ing scum bag and get it over with.

People are just absolute shit sometimes
Drown in the MO river. Slowly.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:42 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
Or how about if a thug uses a gun, he dies by a gun. No trial. No jury. If you catch him in the act then you shoot him.
Sounds like Utopia. What could possibly go wrong?
[Reply]
KingPriest2 10:47 PM 02-14-2024
Well here it is. The actual footage of the shooting

https://x.com/truthgodfather/status/...n6FHKMqlrjZx2w

Sorry I can’t embed.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:49 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I mean most people don't go from no crime at all to shooting at people in an extremely crowded area that's filled with kids.
He was saying this guy should be rotting in a cell already. We have no clue whether he’s ever been charged with a crime before. It’s fine to assume he may have committed a crime, but that’s obviously different than a charge or conviction.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:51 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Is that a blue do-rag on his head? Because that could definitely explain why he was getting into it with the guy wearing all red sweats.
I'm glad you said it...
[Reply]
Stewie 11:13 PM 02-14-2024
Is anyone really surprised by this? The predominantly black neighborhoods east of downtown are shooting galleries and everyone knows it from the mayor to KCPD. It's a drug and cock measuring area where education and civility don't exist. Dumb people do dumb things. Unfortunately, this nonsense spilled over to today's celebration.

My hope is that Mayor Q and law enforcement grow a pair and finally start dealing with these cockroaches.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:13 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
Well here it is. The actual footage of the shooting

https://x.com/truthgodfather/status/...n6FHKMqlrjZx2w

Sorry I can’t embed.

Judging from the sound alone, assuming that's one firearm, it sounds like something that's been "modified" in to a full auto.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:16 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Hey Bwana... found one!

Just to help you with the big picture, 8 got shit canned, I got one. I was gone for several hours this evening, Valentines Day things.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:16 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Judging from the sound alone, assuming that's one firearm, it sounds like something that's been "modified" in to a full auto.
Agreed. Especially if it was that AR pistol that was shown. No bumpfire stock on a gun with no stock at all.

If they find the guy who did the modification, he'll be in shit just as deep as the shooter.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:19 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Agreed. Especially if it was that AR pistol that was shown. No bumpfire stock on a gun with no stock at all.

If they find the guy who did the modification, he'll be in shit just as deep as the shooter.

Yep and there was also a delay in the burst.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 12:20 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Is anyone really surprised by this? The predominantly black neighborhoods east of downtown are shooting galleries and everyone knows it from the mayor to KCPD. It's a drug and cock measuring area where education and civility don't exist. Dumb people do dumb things. Unfortunately, this nonsense spilled over to today's celebration.

My hope is that Mayor Q and law enforcement grow a pair and finally start dealing with these cockroaches.
I don't live in KC anymore and don't know the area, but isn't this perception alone going to be a challenge for the families that are the primary attendees at the K for the new stadium site?
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:26 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
When you say “repeat offender,” that implies that he’s been charged with a serious crime before. Why would you assume that?
Because generally dudes with blue bandanas on that get into public shootouts don't usually have clean records. Odds are pretty high that this isn't the first crime he's broken or been charged with.
[Reply]
Best22 12:28 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Speaking of, I was watching Nick Wright's show at the ceremony and with about 4 minutes left the show/youtube pulled it down and made it private.

I have no idea what was in the last 5 minutes but up to that point it looked like it was shot up to where Mahomes was speaking. That still should have been a bit before the shooting IIRC.
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
I don't live in KC anymore and don't know the area, but isn't this perception alone going to be a challenge for the families that are the primary attendees at the K for the new stadium site?
I always feel comfortable going downtown

However it is easier to access from high crime neighborhoods though. The Truman Sports Complex isn’t surrounded by a particularly nice area, but there’s no reason for criminals to just be over there unless they’re interested in attending the games. The same won’t be true for a downtown stadium. But Kansas City won’t be the only town with a downtown stadium. Baltimore and Detroit have NFL and MLB stadiums downtown and still get good crowds
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:29 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
It shouldn't be. PNL, Sprint Center, and that part of the Crossroads is a safe area.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:30 AM 02-15-2024
Politics aside,

This just fucking sucks. This was supposed to be a celebration. Everyone was having a good time, feeling proud of the city and the region, thinking about three peating.

And then a couple pathetic cowards decide to ruin it for everyone. There’s a good chance that parades will never be the same again. And that’s sad, because it’s special to see the community and the team come together as one to celebrate. And now I don’t blame the team at all for not wanting to put themselves out there in public because a couple pussies burned their trust in the community.

It honestly pisses me off more than anything. We should be watching highlights of players getting into antics with fans, and Chris jones talking about coming back. And instead we have to mourn senseless loss of life.

Pathetic and sad.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 107
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975 > Last »
Up