ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 100
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:31 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
In sports, what a team does against playoff teams over the season is often more representative of what they will do in the playoffs.

Ah that must of been why Cubans team beat the hot Miami team all those years ago when they skull ****ed Lebron. Or why those Bull teams won all those rings, they were hot and not good
So if the Bills blow it against the Colts then what?

:-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:31 PM 01-05-2021
Any updates on what Pats fans are saying about strength of schedule?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:33 PM 01-05-2021
Did some chode just quote Cuban like it means Jack shit :-)
[Reply]
Best22 01:35 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Funny thing about DVOA, the Bills have a higher overall DVOA than the Chiefs.
That’s nice

The Ravens had a higher DVOA than KC last year too

And we had a higher DVOA than the Patriots in 2018
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:36 PM 01-05-2021

It's like what Mark Cuban said years ago: "Good teams make the playoffs. Hot teams win championships.''
Nah. It might be truer for 7 game series, but even then leagues like the NBA have a playoff format that spans two months.

Single elimination playoffs don't care what you did last week or over a month against shit non-playoff teams.

It's a completely unproven and tired narrative that only gets mentioned after a "hot" team wins the SB... the opposite never get mentions, like when the Patriots lose 2 December games and then win the SB anyway (or any number of examples).

Confirmation bias at its finest... good teams win a lot of games, so it is inherently more common for good teams to be on winning streaks going into the playoffs.

If the Bills lose this weekend or next, nobody mentions how they held all the momentums ever again. Because it doesn't matter. If they had lost to the Dolphins or Patriots or whoever, they would still be the same team with the same match up advantages and disadvantages, etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:38 PM 01-05-2021
In sports, what a team does against playoff teams over the season is often more representative of what they will do in the playoffs.

Ah that must of been why Cubans team beat the hot Miami team all those years ago when they skull fucked Lebron. Or why those Bull teams won all those rings, they were hot and not good
2019 49ers - lost 2 of 5 - lost SB
2018 Patriots - lost 2 of 4 - won SB
2018 Rams - lost 2 of 4 - lost SB
2017 Eagles - lost 2 of 5 - won SB
2015 Broncos - lost 2 of 4 - won SB

Of course I'm not sure why I'm posting this since past performances don't indicate future results.

Unless of course it supports any argument FOR the Bills.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:38 PM 01-05-2021
Oh, you don't like DVOA.

No problem.

Is "scoring defense" a better stat for you?

Bills are top 10 in scoring defense since Week 8.
I followed the Bills defense because I drafted them in my league. I dropped them after week 8 or so because they were aids stew. Glad to see they were able to pick it up a little bit against the horrid offenses they faced the final 6 games. Chargers, 49ers, Steelers, Broncos, Patriots, Fitz-less Dolphins.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:38 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
So if the Bills blow it against the Colts then what?

:-)
All other AFC teams have 3 hours to claim a share of all the lost momentums, to use as their own.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:38 PM 01-05-2021
It's not "my" cutoff, it's the cutoff that many analysts use.

In sports, what a team does over the back-end of the season is often more representative of what they will do in the playoffs, rather than what they did in the beginning of the season.

Teams fix issues, sign players, get hurt players back, etc.

It's like what Mark Cuban said years ago: "Good teams make the playoffs. Hot teams win championships.''
Just don't ask the 2019 Ravens about how their dominant streak in the 2nd half of 2019 regular season turned out in the playoffs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:39 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Nah. It might be truer for 7 game series, but even then leagues like the NBA have a playoff format that spans two months.

Single elimination playoffs don't care what you did last week or over a month against shit non-playoff teams.

It's a completely unproven and tired narrative that only gets mentioned after a "hot" team wins the SB... the opposite never get mentions, like when the Patriots lose 2 December games and then win the SB anyway (or any number of examples.

Confirmation bias at its finest... good teams win a lot of games, so it is inherently more common for good teams to be on winning streaks going into the playoffs.

If the Bills lose this weekend or next, nobody mentions how they held all the momentums ever again. Because it doesn't matter. If they had lost to the Dolphins or Patriots or whoever, they would still be the same team with the same match up advantages and disadvantages, etc.
Yep.
[Reply]
diqlix 01:41 PM 01-05-2021
Do you have stats to back this up?

I'd like to see it. Sounds interesting.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 01:41 PM 01-05-2021

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:45 PM 01-05-2021

Do you have your initial claim stats on hand? Show me the stats on the back half of the season being a better indicator on what teams do in the playoffs.

After you back up your claim I will be happy to back up mine.
[Reply]
diqlix 01:45 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I followed the Bills defense because I drafted them in my league. I dropped them after week 8 or so because they were aids stew. Glad to see they were able to pick it up a little bit against the horrid offenses they faced the final 6 games. Chargers, 49ers, Steelers, Broncos, Patriots, Fitz-less Dolphins.
Yeah they were rough the first half of the season.

They averaged 4.8 points per week the first half the season (fantasy) and 10 points per week the second half of the season.
[Reply]
Best22 01:47 PM 01-05-2021

2018 Patriots
[Reply]
Page 65 of 100
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975 > Last »
Up